Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

I just got kicked from a grp , shadow is shit

Seriously , they kicked me saying that i was afk even though i made the most effort out of them all , i multidot again and again, i guess my dps was too low , it was below of tank's one but i tried my best... i mean wtf should i do anyway? open voidform and all my cds on trash packs? did they suddenly become important? i kept my cds and void for bosses , is that wrong?

I hate the whole voidform mechanic , ITS SHIT , your dps sucks out of it , questing and grinding sucks because of it since they have to balance your base form because you have voidform too... , I HATE MULTIDOTING , the whole playstyle of priest is not neccesarily hard but is fucking boring , I HATE BEING IN SHADOWFORM ALLTHETIME and i cant see my transmog.......

If you hate shadow form, void form and multi dotting, maybe shadow priest isn't the class for you?

Wait... you hate being in Shadowform and you hate multidotting, and you rolled a Shadow Priest?

....what?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we put the obvious comment aside, which dmfg and Shiny Demon already pointed out.. There is an issue where shadow priests are being kicked out of groups because it's really fkin hard to keep up with other dpsers.

In my opinion, it's obvious that if a class performs so bad in dungeons (which I believe is the main thing that casual PvE players run) that you risk getting kicked even while DOING THE BEST YOU CAN, something needs to be changed.

I mean, I don't think there's ANY dps spec that performs as bad as shadow does, with the amount of work it requires currently? Again, this is obviously for dungeons..

While the argument "It's good in raids/single target" is somewhat valid. however if the class is so bad at dungeon trash that people starts getting KICKED OUT of groups for performing under say a brain dead demon hunter or WW monk, the above argument is no longer valid.

Having a class that simply DOESN'T work in one aspect of the game is not really okay..

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post

While the argument "It's good in raids/single target" is somewhat valid. however if the class is so bad at dungeon trash that people starts getting KICKED OUT of groups for performing under say a brain dead demon hunter or WW monk, the above argument is no longer valid.
    Im pretty sure there are dps classes who can match or surpass the dps of the shadow on a single target with MUCH less effort and while shadow is good if the fight is not very hard , try to put a shadow on a very tough fight where you cant focus so much on your rotation and you have to constantly move or get stuned or w/e and see shadow getting destroyed by the other dps classes since is very reliant on everything going perfectly for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    i mean wtf should i do anyway? open voidform and all my cds on trash packs? did they suddenly become important? i kept my cds and void for bosses , is that wrong?
    Not necessarily all your cds but you should voidform as much as possible, it's not something just to keep for bosses. Generally on the first trash pack I pop out the mindbender (only 1 min cd - use it often) to help get the insanity level up, then voidform at 100 (or 70 if you spec that), and blast away. Use your artifact ability to stretch out the first voidform to longer, and don't forget dispersion stops insanity falling as well. Try to get at least 25 stacks of haste from your first voidform, then your dps on the next trashpack will be much higher, and you can pop voidform much quicker too.

Also take the Reaper of Souls talent as on trash you will shadow word: death a lot and the 30 insanity per hit will either help keep voidform running longer or get you quickly back up to 100 to go void again.

"I HATE MULTIDOTING , the whole playstyle of priest is not neccesarily hard but is fucking boring , I HATE BEING IN SHADOWFORM ALLTHETIME and i cant see my transmog......."

Why the fuck are you playing a Shadow Priest then? Shadowform and DoTs have been a part of that for years. That is like saying I don't want to be a BM hunter because it focuses on pets yet it has done for years.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-09-07 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, you should be using VF on trash... SWP them qtpies and then form up.
    its not like it takes you 3 mins to get back into VF is it so ofc your dps will stink if you are not utilising it.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    If we put the obvious comment aside, which dmfg and Shiny Demon already pointed out.. There is an issue where shadow priests are being kicked out of groups because it's really fkin hard to keep up with other dpsers.

In my opinion, it's obvious that if a class performs so bad in dungeons (which I believe is the main thing that casual PvE players run) that you risk getting kicked even while DOING THE BEST YOU CAN, something needs to be changed.

I mean, I don't think there's ANY dps spec that performs as bad as shadow does, with the amount of work it requires currently? Again, this is obviously for dungeons..

Having a class that simply DOESN'T work in one aspect of the game is not really okay..
    At the end of the day, do the mobs go down?

Too many people go overboard on needing to have the best dps in all situations. Meters work best on an individual basis to help yourself improve, and in raid situations where the raid leader needs to provide guidance.

Player attitudes need to change more than anything else.

Play Holy or Disc instead? The whole game is practically screaming after healers, in dungeons especially. And if you're one of those people who rolled a healing class but only intend to use the dps spec, and on top of that you despise it, well...

Aside from that, I would agree with you though. If people are kicking a spec for having too low dps even without them misplaying, then that's an issue. I can't be sure that's the case with you though, maybe you were also badmannered or lazy which added to the kick. But, if what you're saying is true, I sincerely hope Blizz does something about it.

open voidform and all my cds on trash packs?
    Okay, after re-reading I'm convinced you're just a very poor shadow priest. You get a ton of insanity and can void form easily on trash, fuck it I voidform while questing on normal mobs just because there's so much insanity and the haste boost is nice.

I'd also kick a spriest that didn't voidform on trash. Case solved.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-09-07 at 12:54 PM.

Seriously , they kicked me saying that i was afk even though i made the most effort out of them all , i multidot again and again, i guess my dps was too low , it was below of tank's one but i tried my best... i mean wtf should i do anyway? open voidform and all my cds on trash packs? did they suddenly become important? i kept my cds and void for bosses , is that wrong?

I hate the whole voidform mechanic , ITS SHIT , your dps sucks out of it , questing and grinding sucks because of it since they have to balance your base form because you have voidform too... , I HATE MULTIDOTING , the whole playstyle of priest is not neccesarily hard but is fucking boring , I HATE BEING IN SHADOWFORM ALLTHETIME and i cant see my transmog.......
    you're playing this game wrong if you're not using CDs on trash.. it takes 5-6 minute between bosses, plenty of time to use CDs
    I've no idea what to write here.

You'll want to maintain voidform as much as possible outside of boss fights. It's a core mechanic, and the downtime between Voidforms is low enough that you don't need to worry about saving it for bosses.

That said, I do recommend NOT popping Voidform on the SINGLE trash pack before a boss, unless you know it will be down and you'll have enough time to build up a full Insanity bar before the boss.

Additionally, it's probably not the wisest idea to pop Voidform if a trash pack is about to die. Just hold off and start the next pack with Voidform.

Also, though I hate the talent with a passion and it puts a dent in my single target raid boss damage, I recommend grabbing Shadow Crash for dungeons.

Either way, while we do perform poorly on trash/AoE, it really sounds like you don't like the Shadow gameplay at its very core. Even if we excelled at everything, I feel like you still wouldn't like it. I legitimately recommend you try out another class. If you like casters, Fire Mages are doing pretty well.

ONE LAST THING: Glyph of Shadow. You'll be less purple and less translucent, and you'll be able to see much of your transmog's detail and color. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that even knows it exists, because I hear people griping about not being able to see their transmog in Shadow Form all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

As others have said, if you do not like multidotting I don't think shadow priest is going to be a class for you. Perhaps hunter / mage?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    At the end of the day, do the mobs go down?

Too many people go overboard on needing to have the best dps in all situations. Meters work best on an individual basis to help yourself improve, and in raid situations where the raid leader needs to provide guidance.

Player attitudes need to change more than anything else.
    While I agree with you, I personally find anything that is on "farm status" incredibly boring, being able to compete on a dps meter makes it enjoyable even after several weeks (used to be months) of the same content.

Feeling I risk getting kicked while doing casual LFGs because I enjoy it, makes me NOT enjoy it...

Did halls of valor as shadow today (usually heal mythics) with 840 ilvl, it wasnt bad, but it was far from impressive. Around 150-200k with shadow crash on the trash. If the trashmobs die before you can voidform there is no problem because you dont need it for those (rarely happen, maybe if there is 1 or 2 mobs. Had a BM hunter in the group though and he did better on aoe and bosses. We really need something to help with movement because mechanics like in halls of valor just murdered my boss dps, especially odyn. Im pretty sad that our artifact ability is channeled...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Honestly spriest doesn't sound like it's a spec for you. Which is absolutely fine. Getting kicked out of deungeons is totally shit I agree, but there's nothing we can do about our AOE damage. On boss fights you should be doing well with good play. I've been doing pretty ok on trash in mythics that dont have bursty melee in them and doing really well on bosses. I know my experience isn't everyone elses.

Don't pug. Problem solved.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Seriously, this. Grouping with guildies is so much better. Being able to be coordinated and you can have a better comp to offset your lack of aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Riight. You play shadow? People are getting benched from their own guilds, whats the solution for them?
    People always bring the class that deals the most damage. In mythic dungeons shadow simply sucks compared to most other classes. In raids we have StM, but its not suited for dungeons, would need a 3-4 min cooldown for that. Without StM we are only mediocre single target.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

SP is not built for large aoe trash pulls and is generally decent at single target, our prime will be on 3 high hp target fights which dungeons don't seem to have atm.

As far as my records on high trash pulls, I cannot beat a melee even at 350k in 834 ilvl, they do dps in the millions. You may also find that since the dungeons bosses are generally going down very fast they are beating you on single target (and this applies to other ranged classes), this is purely because our spec is simply a "consistent" damage dealer with insane execute potential, bosses aren't alive long enough for our dots to ramp up with ToF to surpass bursty classes. When we reach Mythic+ dungeons, our potential will start to shine on the bosses especially with StM available for 2 fights most of the time.

Melee are currently facerolling dungeons with 2-3 buttons, we have to dot up 3-4 mobs, VF, and rotate void bolts... etc, don't stress over that, don't get disheartened and not bother, it's good practice on multidotting and controlling the upkeep! Of course it might look to them that you're bad, when in fact, they're bad for not understanding any other class except their own. Let these fresh off the counter melee derps have their fun and don't let it ruin it for you, the good shadow priests who stick through it will be looking down the list on the meters for them in the raids and grinning menacingly.

This will apply to mythic dungeon keystone runs too, all this speculation about Spreists being bad in dungeons is a load of crap since the HP of bosses will be high enough for our true damage ramp up to finally shine even without StM, Vampiric embrace? Well... I've been doing 100k HPS with that up in current gear and that is a HUGE advantage for those big pulls.