Hunters need their traps

I have no problem with SV having traps, but taking them away from BM and MM just so SV feels more unique is not cool.

The kiting gameplay was so much fun in PVP and now it's gimped. I am not even complaining about the utility nerf as such but about how this destroys one of the coolest parts of the hunter class.

What do you guys think? Are you ok with this change?

Sucks! Miss traps, one of the most cool things of playing hunter

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they ripped a huge part out of my arsenal and do not really see a good reason for it

Deleted
    screw traps.. give me my friiking spirit bond back. Or some kind of sustained healing of SOME kind.

Deleted
    I completely agree. However, since other classes have had spells removed, it would make the whole game imbalanced if blizz deciceded to reintroduce traps to BM. Although l miss it l understand the imbalance that would come with traps to BM, or MM for that matter.

Freezing trap is the only trap I really miss as BM/MM. Having no real cc other than binding shot feels kinda bad in dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    screw traps.. give me my friiking spirit bond back. Or some kind of sustained healing of SOME kind.
    i was quite surprised to see that spirit bond had been removed from BM hunters, really thought it would be an artifact trait or a pvp talent or something, they really need it imo.

but also i miss the traps, playing mm / bm just feels weird without traps, at least need freezing trap back so we can CC while leveling / dungeons

I love the idea of only melee hunters having traps, it's hilarious. Here, let me put this trap around your neck!

Freezing Trap and Glyphed Tranq Shot these I need back.
    The Artifact trait which gives you 15% of your Kill Command damage as a heal works well enough as a replacement for Spirit Bond (as BM) I would still like some passive form of health regen though.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

MM/BM is incredibly dull and boring without traps. Especially if you like pvping. Kiting and throwing traps was fun and imo one of the fundamental things about hunters. Loved explosive trap knockback especially. Now it's all gone and I feel like all I have the power to do now is press concussive shot and press 123 damage buttons.

Also I'd much rather have spirit bond than exhil. Not necesarily because it's better but because it's more interesting imo. Exhil just feels slapped on like many other spells. "Give them a 30% heal, give them a 30% damage reduce (turtle), give them a speed increase every 3 min (new cheetah)" very original blizz, looks like a cookie cutter template to building a class. Spirit bond and old cheetah were much more interesting and unique to the hunter class, like everyone we just have a % speed increase every 3mins and a static heal every 2min. Very original.

Deleted
    I really like the new trap animation on some of SV traps. That phat "thump" and then it slides on the ground. Really cool!

SV got all the tools it seems, too bad I don't care much for the spec.

Deleted
    traps were clunky and outdated, dont miss them at all.

Deleted
    Don't miss em.

Deleted
    I miss explosive trap

Was fun as hell in PVP and also godly.