Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3.9 MM demon hunters

Blizz posted a summary of their success and it got me thinking. 3.9 MM demon hunters is actually really low. That means that in the pre patch only 3.9MM people created DHs. Sure there are people that did not preorder, and those that did not even create a demon hunter but did preorder legion. But by any reasonable stretch this number should be fairly low as compared to the percent of players that had the ability to make a DH. Given that other regions could make DHs, that implies that during the prepatch time, sub numbers were not rebounding like Blizz claimed. They claimed the orders of the game were similar to past expansions. That seems highly unlikely given only 3.9MM DHs. In fact, it would seem like it was way down in subs.

You are assuming that the big majority of subscribers has the latest expansion, and I'm pretty sure that's never been the case.

3.9 feels really, really high - it means each account created multiple DHs. I created 5 myself, only one went anywhere though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

This is not surprising which is why a major share holder pulled out a few weeks earlier which made no sense. Most often an expansion launch should see a spike in revenue and then you sell while it is at a high.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preordered, played pre-patch but never bothered with a DH. Played same char since vanilla and alts don't interest me at all.

I assume by the numbers I'm no the only one
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Blizz posted a summary of their success and it got me thinking. 3.9 MM demon hunters is actually really low. That means that in the pre patch only 3.9MM people created DHs. Sure there are people that did not preorder, and those that did not even create a demon hunter but did preorder legion. But by any reasonable stretch this number should be fairly low as compared to the percent of players that had the ability to make a DH. Given that other regions could make DHs, that implies that during the prepatch time, sub numbers were not rebounding like Blizz claimed. They claimed the orders of the game were similar to past expansions. That seems highly unlikely given only 3.9MM DHs. In fact, it would seem like it was way down in subs.
    You're assuming everybody made a Demon Hunter. My girlfriend, best friend, various others on my f-list and myself haven't bothered making a Demon Hunter yet. Literally 7-10 people that I know of personally have the xpack and haven't created a Demon Hunter. I'm feeling fairly confident a large number of others haven't tried one yet as well. I wouldn't use that number to try to figure out current subs or copies purchased as it's as unreliable af...

Edit: I tried on on Alpha when it was first out, not my cup of tea. I'm sure others are in similar situations or just don't have any motive to play one and are preoccupied with other classes.

Deleted
    This logic doesn't take us anywhere, as the three previous threads on it have shown. The numbers can be interpreted to mean anything.

I created 2. Buddy didn't have one until his main was 110. The person above has five. So wow is both dying, growing and undead.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It is low. Realistically, the vast majority (at least 90%) of active players definitely created a DH to at least play around with. It definitely indicates that subscriptions haven't risen by nearly as much as Blizz has been hinting at.

While I think subnumbers are not as great as per previous expansions. I don't believe you can derive anything from 3.9 million Demon Hunters.
    I did not preorder. And now that I do have Legion, I have not made a Demon Hunter. I will make one whenever I feel my main is done.
    And as posted above, people can create several Demon Hunters. So all in all the numbers they have released about DH is worthless to know how well or bad the subnumbers are going.

The doomsayer threads grasping for straws that arent there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This is not surprising which is why a major share holder pulled out a few weeks earlier
    Do you have a link for this news?

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure that's probably triple the amount of monks there were early on in mop.

Warlords sold 3.3 million copies at launch and had 10 million subscribers. It would seem most of the people playing the game don't even have the latest expansion, so that number seems quite high.

15+ Year Old Account
    MM? What the hell is MM?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    3.9 feels really, really high - it means each account created multiple DHs. I created 5 myself, only one went anywhere though.
    I'd pretty much assume a most people created more than one, and to be honest I'd pretty much bank on most people who made DHs to have made two with people who wanted to use them to farm instances having created more than that. It's a 'free', fast level 100 which you can after 24 hours use to farm old content for gold, recipes, and transmog.

No to sound too much like a debbie downer, but how many of those created left the zone and went on to do things in Leg? As an example, I jumped on that DK train when Wrath first launched just like everyone else, but that DK is still sitting there at level 60-something after all these years.

I'd say about 50% of my guild created demon hunters (mains or alts). The class just doesn't appeal to everyone.

I've never made a paladin ever since the release of this game. That must mean WoW has no subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like me who pre ordered the CE didn't even get the code until the release. So I couldn't create one, even if I wanted to.

Also, not all people play the latest expansion. I wouldn't be suprised if only 1-2 million of all subscribers buy the game right at launch or pre order it.

Fuzzy logic there. You and many others might feel that going for the new class is logical and top of the priority list, but many will be more like me, not in any rush to create one either because they have little interest in the class itself, because they're opponents of the "go for the latest new thang" crowd or simply because they choose to do other things first.

I have to agree with some of the others here, 3.9m actually feels quite high (assuming you mean million, not sure what the MM is meant to be, milliom? but anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    You are assuming that the big majority of subscribers has the latest expansion, and I'm pretty sure that's never been the case.
    You clearly didn't read the topic title. Obviously, those have have a DH have Legion >.>;

Also, those of us who post on message boards (MMO-C, Official forums, etc.) only account for a small fraction of all current and former WoW Subscribers. That'd why Blizz released that infographic the way they did.

Do they have more more detailed info? Probably. Do they have to make that data public? Nope. Should it matter? I think not XD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D