Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Just another case of someone taking a few facts and making knee jerk decisions and using a megaphone on a forum to tell everyone what stuff means. "I have some facts and that proves what ever my pre-existing belief is!' People looking for shit to step in will find a shit to step in even if they have to drop their own drawers and take a dump in public themselves.

If you can't seem to find anything worth being happy about go find something else that makes you happy and stop being a forum ghost who haunts the forums moaning and groaning while rattling your chains about the injustices visited upon you while you were still alive, the living don't have the time for your baggage.

I use to be the equivalent of a world first raider in Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, I belonged to a league who traveled the eastern sea board winning competitions left and right but eventually I grew displeased with how the company treated the game and its players and I stopped playing table top games entirely. I washed my hands of it and moved on to warcraft. I don't go to warhammer forums and complain non-stop about how I was cheated or screwed and I don't try to convince people who are enjoying themselves that they are being cheated and screwed. Instead I found something else to do that I actually enjoy. Stop being a forum ghost and move on.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-09-07 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Or that they checked the box to display only achievements earned by that character.
    I asked all of them though and they were either a returning or a new player.

Do we even have numbers how many people made a DK and monk at launch? Though I'm a lot more interested in this weeks sales, when are they going to reveal that?

I didn't make a DH, don't plan to anytime soon and I bought Legion 3 days after launch, even though I was subscribed for almost 1 year continuously... 3.9M is a HUGE number.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    It's a remnant from advertiser speak, if I am not mistaken (based on Roman Numerals, but not exactly correct*).

M = 1,000

MM = 1,000,000

[*In Roman Numerals, MM is 2,000]

Like I said, you'll see it a lot in the ad world (I am a writer for an ad agency) ... so print or TV target reach is 10MM then that is 10 million people.
    It's done in finance as well

I have a friend that created 11 demon hunters to reserve names on several servers. So, clearly the 3.9 mil number indicates this is the least played expansion ever. Plenty of other things back thar up as well.

If this expansion's sales were anything like previous expansions, they would have released the number of units sold and not just thrown out the biggest numbers they could find that might be interpreted as a sucess.

For those that keep saying sub numbers and units sold don't matter, you are dead wrong. If they didn't matter they would not have used them for over a decade previously.

Legion is the second consecutive massive failure for wow, and that is going to have dramatic ramifications on the game. Though year ahead for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, like the last thread on this exact same premise - Blizzard no longer releases subscriber numbers. There isn't much point to speculating on something that can't be confirmed and there is even less point to taking a single number out of an infographic and using that as a benchmark for subscriptions.

Closing.