Deleted

strong Artifact Relics in my bags and I can't use them?

is there a way to change a "Life Artifact Relic" into a "Storm Artifact Relic", with the same stat increase on it?

I have several Artifact Relics in my bags, that I can't use because they don't fit in my Artifact Weapon.

Is there any, for example, profession-tied way to do this?

No, they are most likely for an off-spec of yours. They should say on the relic "Attuned for Aldrachi Warblades" for instance. My recommendation is to check your other artifacts for slots they can go into, and if you don't have any then sell them for that sweet sweet vendor gold unless they are BoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you cannot change the aspect of your relic. If it's a Life relic, it is indeed a Life relic. No way to change at all and that should never be implanted.

Life relics are often tied to healing specs, which means you play a class which has a healer spec or the opposite: Playing a healing spec, but have gotten a relic for the dps spec.

Just use the relic (if bound) on your off-artifacts, it'll increase the item level of it and makes it much more smooth in case you need to swap.

1) No, they're like colored gems, back when they had to fit into the same color socket.

2) If you're getting relics that are for an element your Artifact Weapon doesn't possess, it sounds like you have your Loot Specialization set to the wrong spec. You should fix that so you get relics that you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    1) No, they're like colored gems, back when they had to fit into the same color socket.

2) If you're getting relics that are for an element your Artifact Weapon doesn't possess, it sounds like you have your Loot Specialization set to the wrong spec. You should fix that so you get relics that you can use.
    He could be getting them from World Quests. They seem to give offspec relics all the time

Deleted
    To chirp in on this, my BM hunter, who hasn't done MM or survival artifact quests, keeps getting life relics from world quest rewards
    Don't think any hunter spec can equip, bit annoying when relics seems to be the one thing holding my wep back

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    To chirp in on this, my BM hunter, who hasn't done MM or survival artifact quests, keeps getting life relics from world quest rewards
    Don't think any hunter spec can equip, bit annoying when relics seems to be the one thing holding my wep back
    MMs third relic is life. World quests intentionally reward gear based on class not spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    *Glare*

Still stuck with a 789 life relic in my Scythe of Elune because apparently i'm not allowed to get any mainspec relics. If it wasn't for the 825 from the class campaign, i'd still be stuck with an 805 weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    *Glare*

Still stuck with a 789 life relic in my Scythe of Elune because apparently i'm not allowed to get any mainspec relics. If it wasn't for the 825 from the class campaign, i'd still be stuck with an 805 weapon.
    If I could give you my life relics I would in a heart beat :/

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    *Glare*

Finish your campaign. You'll get a nice +36 one at the end when you get your third relic slot. There's a follow up quest that unlocks the third slot so don't immediately overwrite your current life relic with the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    He could be getting them from World Quests. They seem to give offspec relics all the time
    True, but there haven't been a ton of them so far. OP says he/she has "several" so I didn't think they were from WQ's at this point in time.

Near the bottom of the Relic stat window, it tells you in yellow what Artifact Weapon(s) it is "attuned" for, meaning what Artifact available to your class it can be equipped to.