Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Kosumoth the Hungering Guide, Dev Q&A - Friday Sept 9, Sept 6 Hotfixes, DLC #550

Update: A hotfix for the orbs is in the works!

Diablo 2 Bosses Remade in HD

Completing Karazhan - The Angry Chicken #170

Rotation & Weekly Sales for Sept. 6, 2016, WTF Moments #62, Funny & WP Moments #82

Legion - Kosumoth the Hungering Rare Spawn
    Arcten and other players figured out how to spawn how to summon Kosumoth the Hungering! Killing him won't do much for you unless you have the world quest, which is unlocked by completing the process below. This week the quest appears to reward Fathom Dweller for EU and Hungering Claw for the US.

Initial Steps
    • Talk to Drak'thul out on the Broken Shore until he has no more dialogue options for you to choose from.
    • Head to the cave at 58, 54 on the Broken Isles, die and resurrect if needed to get past the rocks, go to the very back, click the Mound of Dirt to loot the Weathered Relic.
    • The mound is hard to see, so look carefully.
    • Return to Drak'thul and talk to him again until he has no more dialogue options for you to choose from. This requires opening and closing the dialogue window.

Orb Notes
    • Next you will need to click on ten different orbs, in order. Each has a 50 minute respawn time per realm.
    • You can use this macro to check if you got credit for an orb: /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(QuestID)
    • The Quest ID for each orb is listed in parenthesis in the steps below.
    • Orb 6 and 9 are bottlenecks, as they are located in a place where players from multiple realms appear.
    • Changing zones, waiting, or logging in and out will cause the DANGER: Kosumoth the Hungering quest to appear, rewarding you with Hungering Claw or Fathom Dweller, depending on what is up for your region this week.

Orb Collection
    • The orbs must be clicked in order.
    • Orb 1 (43730) - Go to 37.9, 37.5 in Azsuna and enter the cave at the base of the tree.
    • Orb 2 (43731) - Go to 63.7, 36.2 in Suramar and take the path up the cliff right before reaching Stormheim. Turn right on the path, head up the cliff towards Stormheim, make a small drop off the rock to the tree on the side of the cliff. Enter the cave at 32.9, 75.8 and beware of the mob inside.
    • Orb 3 (43732) - Go to Lorlathil in Val'sharah, take the road west to Thas'talah and head south towards the cliff, enter the cave at the base of the tree at 41, 81. The mob inside casts a high damage spell, beware!
    • Orb 4 (43733) - Go to 31.3, 76.9 in the Broken Shore, swim down into the fatigue water and into the cave.
    • Orb 5 (43734) - Go to 59.3, 12.9 in Azsuna, entering the cave at the base of a tree in the purple rift on the map.
    • Orb 6 (43735) - Go to 67, 15 on the Broken Isles map (near the island northeast of Stormheim), entering the cave located under the shark. This orb will have people from multiple realms.
    • Orb 7 (43736) - Go to 55.8, 38.6 in Highmountain. You will need to drop down off the cliff a short distance to reach this cave, which is another hidden by some bushes.
    • Orb 8 (43737) - Go to 54.1, 26.3 in Azsuna, entering the cave at the base of a tree. The orb is towards the back of the cave under a bush.
    • Orb 9 (43760) - Head to 79, 89.0 in Eye of Azshara and swim down to the sunken ship. Inside of it you will find a cave. This orb will have people from multiple realms.
    • Orb 10 (43761) - Head back to where it all started, our good friend Drak'thul. The last orb is on his table.

Legion Developer Q&A- Friday, September 9
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Join us live on Twitch Friday, September 9, as we sit down with Assistant Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A. Now that Legion is live, he’ll be answering many of your questions on the expansion.

Feel free to submit any Legion specific questions by posting in this forum thread or via Twitter using the hashtag #LegionQA.

We’re really looking forward to getting the chance to dive in and answer as much as we can, so we hope to see you Friday at 11 a.m. PT!

Patch 7.0.3 Hotfixes - September 6
    Classes

Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • (Hotfix in testing) Demon Hunter Sigils will now correctly activate if the Demon Hunter is crowd controlled after placing the Sigil.

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • The Discipline Priest artifact trait Sins of the Many will now properly increase Atonement healing done.
    • Spending artifact trait points as a Discipline Priest should no longer reduce the amount of Atonement healing done by Shadowfiend or Mindbender.

Class Halls
    • In Skyhold, Quartermaster Durnholf will pay more attention to players and not walk away from them so quickly.

Dungeons
    • Assault on Violet Hold
      • Mindflayer Kaahrj's Faceless Tendril should now prefer targets that are not being targeted by Eternal Darkness.
      • Corrected a spawn location for Mindflayer Kaahrj's Faceless Tendril that was inside the floor.
    • Maw of Souls
      • Helarjar Champions’ Bone Chilling Scream does not hit pets anymore.
    • Darkheart Thicket
      • Rotheart Keeper's Vile Mushrooms now explode, damaging nearby enemies.

Items
    • (Hotfix in testing) Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite: cooldown raised to 15 minutes (was 2 minutes). Shared cooldown raised to 3 minutes.
    • (Hotfix in testing) Brulfist Idol: Knockback height reduced significantly.
      • Developers’ Notes: The two toys above (combined, or in conjunction with other things such as Emerald Winds) were too effective and diminished the value of utility and world-navigation tools that are core to certain classes and professions.
    • Touch of the Void: the tentacles summoned by this trinket no longer scale past level 100.
    • Reduced the active effect potency of Heirloom trinkets acquired from Warlords of Draenor Mythic Dungeons.
    • Fixed a bug that could cause players, who were simultaneously both very lucky and very unlucky, to receive the same legendary item more than once.

Missions
    • Significantly improved the quality of the bonus reward available on Artifact Power missions..

NPCs
    • Pollous the Fetid in Val'sharah should no longer evade and become unkillable.
    • Unstable Powers now target fewer players with their Unstable Power orbs.
    • Inquisitor Tivos’ Drain and Searing Gaze should now target fewer players.

Professions
    Engineering

Skinning
    • The amounts of leather and scales dropped per creature skinned have been reduced.

Quests
    • Druids who abandoned either "Essence of Balance" or "Essence of Regrowth" should now be able to reaccept the quests by returning to the Emerald Dreamway.
    • Profession World Quests can now be completed in a raid group.

Suramar
    • Completing the quest "Make Your Mark" should now properly count progress towards the achievement "Why Can't I Hold All This Mana?"
    • Players who have completed "Jarl Come Back Now" but are not Neutral with Jandvik Vrykul can return to Toryl in Jandvik to get their reputation reset.

Legion Companion App FAQ
    With the release of the WoW Legion Companion App, we’ve seen a number of questions from the community that we’d like to address. Here are some answers to some of the most-frequently asked questions:

Q: Why do I keep getting the same notifications when I close the app?
    A: This is a known issue, which we plan to fix in the next update to the Legion Companion App.

Q: My authenticator app is on the same device as the WoW app, is there a way to avoid having to switch to the Authenticator app to approve a code while logging in?
    A: There are two ways to avoid this. When you get the “Check your Authenticator for request…” message, do one of the following:
    • 1) Swipe down on the notification itself to reveal an “Approve” button. Tap that and login will continue.
    • 2) Scroll down and tap the “Use Authenticator Security Code” link. This should import a code automatically from the Authenticator app if it is on the same device. Then scroll down and tap “Submit” to enter the code.

Q: I have a character that has champions, but the app says it doesn’t, and won’t let me log in. What’s going on?
    A: This is a known issue and a fix is being applied, but it may take a day to fully update world-wide. As a workaround, try logging in and out of the affected character on your computer before logging in on the app.

Q: Why do I have to log in every time I use the app?
    A: You don’t! If you are on the title screen and have previously logged in, you should see the “Characters” button. Tap that instead of “Login” and you will bypass the login step and go straight to character selection.

Q: Will the Legion Companion App be released for Windows or Amazon phones?
    A: We are currently not planning to support any platforms other than iOS and Android at this time.

Legion - Nomi and Burnt Food
    He's still learning. As the expansion wears on, he will start burning things less.

Dark Legacy Comics #550
    DLC #550 has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2016-09-08 at 01:51 AM.

Figured the kite was going to take a hit ... was becoming VERY useful

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok my question is... How get then to Broken Shore as non DH? Because they can glide there, right?
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2016-09-07 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Ok my question is... How get then to Broken Shore as non DH? Because they can glide there, right?
    you glide aswell

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Use any of the non-DH gliders, or jump off Dalaran and swim.

10+ Year Old Account
    "(Hotfix in testing) Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite: cooldown raised to 15 minutes (was 2 minutes). Shared cooldown raised to 3 minutes."

Well....that's freaking stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate it when they nerf fun. I understand if something is unbalanced, but 15 mins kite cd? So useless. Demon Hunters have no cooldown on their "kite".

Thankfully I have a ton of goblin glider kits that have only 3 min CD. Byebye kite!

Cool that the mount and pet are attainable just by completing the steps needed to make the WQ pop, but the info makes it seem like that only one person can loot it every 50 minutes? Nightmare, if true.

10+ Year Old Account
    The nerf to Kite was stupid, and adding 1 min to CD to other gliders?

What if I told you that we're using these to bypass content we've already seen? Mind blowing right? Such a stupid reason to nerf them..

"..diminished the value of utility and world-navigation tools that are core to certain classes and professions."

You mean demon hunter glide and the engineering glider you nerf'd? Oh and I guess the mountspeed increase item that costs 400g a pop? Lasts for 2 hours but falls off randomly? Or doesn't stack with Paladin or DK speed? Yeah, great. *slow clap*

I know blizzard doesn't read these.. but damn! Irritating.

/endrant

the orb in valsharah is bugged, at least in my realm

Deleted
    Just sat next to orb #4 and wasnt able to click it. A druid showed up and he was able to click this and he told me a friend of his is having the same issue of not being able to click orbs. Sucks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Cool that the mount and pet are attainable just by completing the steps needed to make the WQ pop, but the info makes it seem like that only one person can loot it every 50 minutes? Nightmare, if true.
    Multiple people can loot it but it despawns after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Metonae View Post
    Just sat next to orb #4 and wasnt able to click it. A druid showed up and he was able to click this and he told me a friend of his is having the same issue of not being able to click orbs. Sucks
    It appears quests aren't being flagged correctly for some people. For example, I've attuned to the Stormheim one (43731) about three times now, but the IsQuestFlaggedCompleted check still returns 'false', and the Val'Sharah one I can't interact with.

Multiple people can loot it but it despawns after a while.
    The items don't come from the boss, they come from the world quest to kill the boss.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So EU gets a mount while US gets a pet. Hopefully it wont be a pain to get the opposite item.

nvm. guess it changes per week/etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    It appears quests aren't being flagged correctly for some people. For example, I've attuned to the Stormheim one (43731) about three times now, but the IsQuestFlaggedCompleted check still returns 'false', and the Val'Sharah one I can't interact with.

The items don't come from the boss, they come from the world quest to kill the boss.
    He was talking about the orbs being able to be looted by multiple people.

I am unable to click the first orb despite getting the skull and clearing all of the dialogue options. Oy. Monk just came in and got it in front of me, though.

cant click azuna one tried other near stormhiem no luck got the skull did all dialog to meh gotta do them in order?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Yeaaah. Either the orbs should be free to click and you should have to do it every week to access the WQ, or you should only have to have one person on the realm do the orbs and it unlocks the WQ server-wide until the boss has been killed.

50 Min respawn timer for one person with 10 guys camping on a PvP Server? Thanks but no thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by k0nker View Post
    He was talking about the orbs being able to be looted by multiple people.

I am unable to click the first orb despite getting the skull and clearing all of the dialogue options. Oy. Monk just came in and got it in front of me, though.
    Same problem maybe orb is just there but its unclickable

Quote Originally Posted by Simajz View Post
    Same problem maybe orb is just there but its unclickable
    I also have this issue.