Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For casters, disc and afflock are hands down the most durable casters , since disc is closer to damage dealer than healer at this point it had to be stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    War tank takes literally 0 damage. If any add spawns you get a 30% max hp heal with victory rush. Can't really beat that.
    Would you rate Prot Warriors with Ignore Pain above the self healing tanks like the DH for content soloing then?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Except this isn't about high end group content. This thread is about things being soloed by a class. Our main DH tank has also successfully tanked all current content, so your 2 legendary DH tank must be pretty shit.
    Yea, no idea why someone would reroll from DH at the point of already farming on it. Current content is a joke for Vengeance and they're super strong in Mythic+ as well(even before the massive demon spikes buff on beta). Certainly wasn't the best tank or close to it in raid testing, but again that was before the massive mastery buff. Pretty sure they'll be fine in raids, and maybe even one of the top tanks with gear scaling.

Its not exactly soloing but last night me and 4 mates did every heroic without a healer. just got the monk to queue as a healer and then dps so we still got the bonuses and cleared very very quickly.

Prot War (me)
    Fire Mage
    Demo Lock
    Fury warrior
    WW Monk

We had one death the entire night.

Quote Originally Posted by tohm View Post
    Its not exactly soloing but last night me and 4 mates did every heroic without a healer. just got the monk to queue as a healer and then dps so we still got the bonuses and cleared very very quickly.

Prot War (me)
    Fire Mage
    Demo Lock
    Fury warrior
    WW Monk

We had one death the entire night.
    this makes me excited to level mine up hahaha, ill save the DH for later on

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    there's little reason to take twist of fate for this since your health will never drop below 90% or so (doesn't twist only proc on heals for disc?)

tbh I'd rather have prot paladin than disc though; the pulls are just as big with just as little risk and protadin can kill them much faster
    Yep you're right. Still had mop disc on my mind.

I do heroics with a prot pally guildy and it is stupidly OP. I've had 3 instances where the whole group has died and he has soloed a boss from 50%. The two examples I can think of are Fenryr (that wolf in halls of valor) and the last boss in Maw the sea monster lady thing. He soloed Fenryr from around 30% and the chick from 262 million, think it ends when she gets to 240 or something so whatever percent that is.

Signature Created by Jassinta

My prot pally was a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been leveling up as a BrM, no issues so far. Even solo'd 5man outdoor rares with no issues. I think every tank can do this, so it's nothing special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    Would you rate Prot Warriors with Ignore Pain above the self healing tanks like the DH for content soloing then?
    Yes, but we all know a nerf is coming. It's inevitable.

They're going to gut IP and then buff Prots in other areas to compensate.

It's GUNNA happen.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    With about 828 itlv, I did Cordana heroic without healer on my DH.
    The healing is so insane that I didn't notice the healer was out repairing until the first vengeance popped out.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Vengeance followed by Blood. Nothing else is really close. Unholy is technically more damage and faster at clearing a group, but is squishy. If you can get them together and snared then burst AoE, you can effectively farm as Unholy but Blood does it almost as quickly with basically no risk of death with bigger pulls. Vengeance has the same benefit and is also substantially more mobile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    prot pally isn't as good in MoP when i could cheese vengeance. The damage is a bit low. It works, it's just slow. Anything pre that though is a complete snoozefest though.
    There fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    There fixed it for you.
    I assume you are referring to how good the class played when MoP was the current expansion? I dunno, i didn't play cause Pandas. Anyway the topic is about going back and farming old content with 110s.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't imagine you can beat vengeance DH or blood DK. The self healing is crazy in the world where there is trivial damage. You can do it well before then, but once you unlock both of their second golden traits it's pretty hard to die, even when pulling as many things as you can.

Tanks in general basically, they are all basically invincible, especially prot warriors. The above just have better kill speeds because of their AoE and ability to get mobs in one cluster nicely. Protection paladins can do this too.

If you're including dungeons just go prot warrior. As long as you can generate some rage and bind every button to ignore pain you won't die in mythic or heroic dungeons. I wish I was joking. Not sure why they have other defensive buttons to be honest.

Vengeance DH is hands down the best soloing spec in the game now for 2 simple reasons. One, pretty much everything you do crushes aoe packs. Two, your healing scales with your AP rather than the damage you've taken like others tanks do.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..