Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrizZJ View Post
    what? I have plenty of fun in dungeons and world quests as Sub. I definitely don't suck at them either.
    Agreed. I love sub when I'm doing world quests. Soothing Darkness is a godsend during shadow dance and in stealth. There's little to no down time. Even multiple mobs aren't that big of an issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenDenies View Post
    Agreed. I love sub when I'm doing world quests. Soothing Darkness is a godsend during shadow dance and in stealth. There's little to no down time. Even multiple mobs aren't that big of an issue at all.
    I'd say the same for assassination. Granted I haven't tried outlaw just yet, but I do just fine as assassination in world quests and dungeons. Multi dotting is also fun when there's multiple adds active that live long enough for rupture to tick a bit and I get some crazy energy regen until they start dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'd say the same for assassination. Granted I haven't tried outlaw just yet, but I do just fine as assassination in world quests and dungeons. Multi dotting is also fun when there's multiple adds active that live long enough for rupture to tick a bit and I get some crazy energy regen until they start dying.
    Yea, I leveled as assassination to 110 and that's my group play spec. I'm just now giving my extra AP to my Fangs to boost them while I do Bounti... I mean World Quests.

what? I have plenty of fun in dungeons and world quests as Sub. I definitely don't suck at them either.
    Well I should've said in dungeons Overall....

At most bosses you'll do fine, but there are many bosses with adds (and similar) and trash makes up like 2/3 of a dungeon (unlike in raids where trash doesn't matter) and Sub is simply not good there, not even mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Well I should've said in dungeons Overall....

At most bosses you'll do fine, but there are many bosses with adds (and similar) and trash makes up like 2/3 of a dungeon (unlike in raids where trash doesn't matter) and Sub is simply not good there, not even mediocre
    yeah that's fairly accurate. my damage on trash is usually the lowest, and then on bosses it's usually the best. Sub rogue is not top dog by any means, but generally in dungeons if you're good enough you can easily be ahead of the highest ranking specs since not everyone is a good player.

as far as WQ go, nothing wrong with Sub at all. I do just fine. things die in 1 rotation of shadowstrike -> 5 CP evisc most of the time, if not, I just sdance and kill them or goremaw and kill them. I can solo most things that aren't 50 mil hp bosses.

yeah that's fairly accurate. my damage on trash is usually the lowest, and then on bosses it's usually the best. Sub rogue is not top dog by any means, but generally in dungeons if you're good enough you can easily be ahead of the highest ranking specs since not everyone is a good player.

as far as WQ go, nothing wrong with Sub at all. I do just fine. things die in 1 rotation of shadowstrike -> 5 CP evisc most of the time, if not, I just sdance and kill them or goremaw and kill them. I can solo most things that aren't 50 mil hp bosses.
    If Sub and assa just had some nice mechanics for AOE dmg (similar to feral druids maybe), then many more People would Play rogues in PVE...

it's just somehow frustrating that on AOE heavy fights your rotation is boring af and you're the lowest dps-wise and when you have like 2-3 mobs you can be only on par with the others, eventhough you have to do much more (as assa you have to target-switch and apply rupture, while demon hunters can just play normally and be by far best in dps)

i love assassination and subs, but dont do good dmg in trash so i have 12 points in outlaw weapons and the rest i go into my assassination and subs daggers, on trash i do outlaw on bosses i do either assassination or subs and it works just fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    If Sub and assa just had some nice mechanics for AOE dmg (similar to feral druids maybe), then many more People would Play rogues in PVE...

it's just somehow frustrating that on AOE heavy fights your rotation is boring af and you're the lowest dps-wise and when you have like 2-3 mobs you can be only on par with the others, eventhough you have to do much more (as assa you have to target-switch and apply rupture, while demon hunters can just play normally and be by far best in dps)
    If SUb had burst AOE the class would never exist as it would be too OP. The single target dmg is already insane if played right. Although Sub AOE is no burst, if adds live long enough (there is no DH on your team, for instance), I can usually keep 5CPs worth of Nightblade on every single enemy thanks to shuriken storm CP generation, and I usually end up 2nd on the dmg, if not first. You guys must be sticking to one target while only using Shuriken Storm for aoe, that obivously does nothing :/

I like playing Sub more, but I want to transition to outlaw just because it feels wayy stronger