Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Every top parse WITH the bracers is UF heavy haste/mastery on WCL....

If data cannot tell you that Crit is the wrong way to go with Bracers then I don't know what will.
    Where are you getting this from, I just checked armorys and they are all crit / haste, with or without bracers...Those that do have some mastery on their gear is beacuse of it's ilvl most likely. Some mastery items are BiS from EM as well...
    Last edited by mmoc023a4d07fc; 2016-09-28 at 09:20 AM.

I finally got a legendary and it was the ring(pet has chance to apply wounds).... anyone else unlucky enough to get this legendary? I'm not sure this changes anything in terms of talent selection for me.

I got the belt today I want my bracers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I got the belt today I want my bracers!!
    better than ring anyway
    Gz!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I finally got a legendary and it was the ring(pet has chance to apply wounds).... anyone else unlucky enough to get this legendary? I'm not sure this changes anything in terms of talent selection for me.
    shittiest leg for dps
    got it too

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    It's the pet generating runes, not applying wounds (that's a talent, infected claws). You're not unlucky, it's the second best legendary other than the bracers. The pet attacks much more often than you'd think, since it includes white hits as well as special attacks (which death coil gives the pet even more energy to cast)
    Last edited by Quonoa; 2016-09-28 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    idk, went from full crit / haste to haste / mastery and still doing less dmg with uf than with castigator =/

They apparently significantly upped the chance to recieve your first Legendary as of the Tuesday reset.

my guild got 7 legendaries tuesday

I did 2 Heroic Dungeons for satchel and seen a combined 6 legendaries drop.

so basicly be prepared to get your legendary this week just pray its the mini-lust ring or Bracers.

grats but you stat priorities extremely off

Ill be honest after trying UF (had a higher ilvl set of haste/mastery gear) if this iteration of unholy stays the highest, im just going frost and relegating myself to M+ runs.

UF PLAYSTYLE IS THE MOST BORING THING IN THE WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Ill be honest after trying UF (had a higher ilvl set of haste/mastery gear) if this iteration of unholy stays the highest, im just going frost and relegating myself to M+ runs.

UF PLAYSTYLE IS THE MOST BORING THING IN THE WORLD
    As Castigator is so much fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

so its safe to assume nobody knows what they should play with the bracer

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    so its safe to assume nobody knows what they should play with the bracer
    Spec for what gear you got. Heavy crit? Go casti, heavy mastery? Go UF. Both works.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    As Castigator is so much fun?
    very much so as the variance in Wound application and bursting is very sporatic and cause for quick decision making.

UF litterally reminds of vanilla ret paladin seal of the crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    very much so as the variance in Wound application and bursting is very sporatic and cause for quick decision making.

UF litterally reminds of vanilla ret paladin seal of the crusader
    Well, you will only take UF if you have the bracers, which kinda gives you Castigator.

Deleted
    I recently (a few days ago) received my bracers and read from a few reliable sources that Crit loses a ton of value with those as they provide a similar effect to Scourge Strike Castigator. Played full normal 7/7N clear, 7/7H and 1/7M progression and first kill on Nythendra and I can say that Unholy Frenzy isn't worth it at least for me.
    I found that you need extremely high uptime on one target to make it worth the switch from Castigator. With Castigator and a decent amount of Crit you have pretty decent target switching as your first FS can apply a lot of Wounds on the new target. On the opening rotation I found Castigator to be more reliable as it yields 8 wounds with 2 FS casts more often than with Unholy Frenzy for obvious reasons.
    So all in all what I personally experienced for both talents:
    Unholy Frenzy: -Both simulation results and my personal dummy stress tests yield greater 100% uptime ST DPS with Haste>Mastery (spent a lot of time and gold on changing my gear to ensure stats weren't "wrong").
    -In realistic situations where you don't have 100% uptime on a single target or there are priority adds, it can take more than 2 FS to get 5+ wounds in order to start DPSing normally.
    Castigator:-More reliable opener with 2 FS casts=8 wounds.
    -Better target switching.
    -A lot better in 5-man content to complement Bursting Sores (and partially Epidemic).
    -Synergizes with Pustulent Pustules a lot better than Unholy Frenzy for ST.

Sorry if I repeated myself but I thought I would add this in to see if people have experienced things differently. Can provide logs if necessary but I think they won't be helpful as my ilvl has increased significantly and won't allow for proper comparison of the two talents.
    Last edited by mmocbc18abcaad; 2016-09-30 at 12:43 AM.

for bosses without a target switch at all like

Nyth and Ursoc

its basicly keep two gear sets.

I got the bracers tuesday as well and i simply dont enjoy UF at all

Cast
    38% Crit
    21% haste
    22% mast

UF
    62% mast
    23% haste
    11% crit (weapon + bracers+10% auto attack dmg ring)

Deleted
    We really need to draw some conslusion here cause it's getting confusing.

If you have BRACERS do you go:

1. crit/haste + castigator
    2. crit/haste + UF
    3. haste/mastery + UF?

I tried 1 and 2 and frankly didn't see any difference

So UF can be better then Castigator IF we can make the uptime around 100%? Thats only possible on Ursoc and on Ny at the moment, yet his means we need to stack/farm another gear focused on Haste/Mastery to play with UF right? And still we need to manage with certain abilities such as Rots and Charges....

I would like to see some simulations and some in-game dummy tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzak View Post
    So UF can be better then Castigator IF we can make the uptime around 100%? Thats only possible on Ursoc and on Ny at the moment, yet his means we need to stack/farm another gear focused on Haste/Mastery to play with UF right? And still we need to manage with certain abilities such as Rots and Charges....

I would like to see some simulations and some in-game dummy tests.
    I would say Mastery gives you higher off target DPS while running out for raid mechanics

however Crit gives your AWS + ghoul a substantial boost in there dmg as well (which again is your off target DPS)

Obviously maintaining a 20%+ haste minimum is the standard in both variants of gear.

Im curious if yall are still running SI with UF, because IC has a drastic increase in value. Not only does UF provide a substantial dps gain in pure autos, it has significantly higher uptime on Fallen Crusader, but you replace the lost wound application of cast with aoe application of ghoul. This completely covers for the lost wound application of cast.

IC and SI are similiar in pure damage, but IC scales must higher with mastery. Cast is essentially a resource talent/build that is unnecessary with bracers. Haste/mast/uf is only going to scale harder and higher. Cast crit build is an early expac bubble that has a lower ceiling.