Thread: Chest in arena

Chest in arena

I have still been camping this thing and it never shows up , anyone seen it since launch ?

Saw it around the second day at 6 am in the morning. Read somewhere that ONE spawns every 6 hours. could be outdated info though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by donovan403 View Post
    I have still been camping this thing and it never shows up , anyone seen it since launch ?
    I believe you will only see it, and can only loot it, once per week. It spawns at 00, 03, 06, 09, 12, 15, 18, 21 realm time, just like the Stranglethorn chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I believe you will only see it, and can only loot it, once per week. It spawns at 00, 03, 06, 09, 12, 15, 18, 21 realm time, just like the Stranglethorn chest.
    This. However, it is bugged (and has been since beta), so that you do not actually need the order hall advancement to see it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so you can see AND get the chest without the advancement chosen?
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, really. Huh. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Wait, so you can see AND get the chest without the advancement chosen?
    Yup. I looted it yesterday, haven't researched it.

checked at every 3 hour interval today still nothing.

Deleted
    checked at every 3 hour interval today still nothing.
    Which timezone are you in, and which realms are you playing on? Also, have you looted the chest before, and do you have the class hall order advancement researched?

pst time zone i play on sargeras US never looted it and have had the advancement since it was earliest available

Deleted
    pst time zone i play on sargeras US never looted it and have had the advancement since it was earliest available
    Right, well... I'm not up on how the realm times work on the US realms, but according to warcraftrealms.com, Sargeras-US is in the CDT (Central Daylight Time) timezone (CST or Central Standard Time during winter, switches over on November 6th), and you're in the PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) timezone (PST or Pacific Standard Time during winter, switches over on November 6th), so if the realm time follows CDT, you may have been checking at the wrong times.

CDT is UTC-5, while PDT (where you are) is UTC-7, meaning that when it's 00:00 (midnight) in the PDT timezone, which is where the realm is located, your local clock will show 10 PM.

So, assuming the realm time follows CDT, the chest will spawn at 00, 03, 06, 09, 12, 15, 18, 21 CDT (every three hours, using 24h clock there), and those times will actually be 22, 01, 04, 07, 10, 13, 16, 19 your time.

But, like I said, I don't know whether this is the case over there. Might just be you're bugged or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    i came across it when i got up early before work. I guess arround 6:00 - 6:15.
    I also did NOT have the advancement. So yes it appears to be bugged.

All i got was abit of AP =/ ..... but then i didn't even know what i was at the time lol
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

correct it spawned just now 5 am server 3 am my time, welp lol there we go >.> i checked every hour though all week. strange

Deleted
    correct it spawned just now 5 am server 3 am my time, welp lol there we go >.> i checked every hour though all week. strange
    Well... That confuses things a bit. The logic, I thought, was that it spawns starting at midnight realm time, then every three hours, so 00, 03, 06 and so on. 5 AM realm time doesn't fit that cycle. Might be it's got a different spawn cycle after all.

I looted it at exactly 12.04 AM. Got some potions and a nice trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=140161/h...vorite-trinket
    In this tooltip it say 805 ilvl but mine was 820 so I guess you can get a Titanforged version.