Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Did anyone PvP you?
    of course they did. yesterday I had to pull a substantial amount of my guild members away from more important gearing and preparing for raid activities because an entire horde guild had nothing better to do than grief people trying to complete a quest.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I am not sure what it took everyone else to complete the 25 solves in Azsuna but I made the following.
    Nobleman's Letter Opener - 4
    Quietwine Vial - 4
    Violetglass Vessel - 6
    Inert Leystone Charm - 4
    Pre-War Highborne Tapestry - 7

Question: can I decide to skip the quest in Azsuna and wait for Highmountain quest to come? (I only care about the mount). Or will it keep giving me this quest?

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can skip it. The location and quest changes every two weeks. Come tuesday all the Azsuna sites will vanish and a new quest will appear for a different zone.

I don't know how it could possibly be worse than solve the same item 20 times.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Question: can I decide to skip the quest in Azsuna and wait for Highmountain quest to come? (I only care about the mount). Or will it keep giving me this quest?
    Highmountain popped today, at least in NA. Unfortunately I got a quest to go get an item from Neltharion's Lair in exchange for a 605 account-bound weapon I will never use, instead of the mount quest. Yay me.

ETA: Interestingly, the quest chain I completed does NOT appear on Wowhead, so it was never datamined. Step 1 is Dariness sending you to Lessah. Lessah then makes you take an apprentice out to a digsite and dig up 20 fragments (which takes less than half the dig to complete). When you bring him back to her, she gives you a quest to hit Neltharion's Lair for an item, which is sitting against a rock beside the last boss. Take item, kill boss, return to Lessah, receive 605 polearm.

About the only positive thing I can say is that I got the entire chain done in half an hour, which felt like a blessed relief after the relative hell of completing 27 digsites in Aszuna.
    Last edited by goblingirl; 2016-09-27 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    605? Really? Even the WoD weapon was 620.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Yeah you get another week, those that have finished it get a repeat quest for AP
    Not that I'd ever would have done it, but I didn't see a repeat quest this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    It's an heirloom that scales from 1 to 100. So I'd say it's more useful than the WoD ones. The only WoD archaeology rare that I actually used were the mail helm and the int ring. For weapons I found it better to just craft a set of very cheap weapons, I could even upgrade them if I wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually got a lot of use out of the 2-handed mace. It was one of my very first draenor solves so my already 90 pally and DK both got to use it all the way to 100.

At least this week takes no time to do.

Damn, I didn't finish the Azsuna one.
    They added a timer that shows on your buffs and it was wrong I guess. I know it had been two weeks but the buff was showing we had another 7 days...

Thx Blizz...

Deleted
    The Azsuna quest said 7 days left. It cycled out today anyway. Thank you Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    The "nice" thing about the polearm is that it's a One-Handed Polearm (probably the only one in the game? not sure). I'm not sure exactly how that works with transmog, but it would be nice to use a spear+shield combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The Azsuna quest said 7 days left. It cycled out today anyway. Thank you Blizzard.
    Yeah, I'm pretty pissed. It said 7 days left, and I was planning on knocking out the remaining today (day off).
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty pissed. It said 7 days left, and I was planning on knocking out the remaining today (day off).
    Same here, pretty pissed about it. I only had 3-4 solves left to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glustin10 View Post
    The "nice" thing about the polearm is that it's a One-Handed Polearm (probably the only one in the game? not sure). I'm not sure exactly how that works with transmog, but it would be nice to use a spear+shield combo.
    I checked, that doesn't work. Even though it's a one-hander you still can't transmog a polearm over a one-handed weapon.

Best I can tell, the spear is only useful for leveling monks, and maybe survival hunters. As a one-hander it has one-handed stats, and no other agility based spear users can dual wield.

Kind of sucks too. I'd love to be a warrior with a spear and a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Highmountain popped today, at least in NA. Unfortunately I got a quest to go get an item from Neltharion's Lair in exchange for a 605 account-bound weapon I will never use, instead of the mount quest. Yay me.

ETA: Interestingly, the quest chain I completed does NOT appear on Wowhead, so it was never datamined. Step 1 is Dariness sending you to Lessah. Lessah then makes you take an apprentice out to a digsite and dig up 20 fragments (which takes less than half the dig to complete). When you bring him back to her, she gives you a quest to hit Neltharion's Lair for an item, which is sitting against a rock beside the last boss. Take item, kill boss, return to Lessah, receive 605 polearm.

About the only positive thing I can say is that I got the entire chain done in half an hour, which felt like a blessed relief after the relative hell of completing 27 digsites in Aszuna.
    Does every player get the same quest when a new zone starts? Because two of my friends and myself got the same quest/reward. Also, do we have to wait until Highmountain zone pops up again few weeks later to get another shot at the moose mount quest since it's only one quest per week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foreplaycafe View Post
    Does every player get the same quest when a new zone starts? Because two of my friends and myself got the same quest/reward. Also, do we have to wait until Highmountain zone pops up again few weeks later to get another shot at the moose mount quest since it's only one quest per week?
    Yes to all those questions. Same zones and quests for everyone, and only one quest per cycle. If you want the moose you'll have to wait however many weeks or months for that zone and quest to be up.

The only thing i like about Legion archaeology is that you can target factions to farm pristines. So far I have farmed out the Nightborne and the Highmountain pristines, it was so much easier than before. It was still annoying, but overall easier.

Yeah, should be much easier to farm for pristines now. Never got around to finishing up the Draenor ones (too bad they didn't add boxes for Draenor races). However I won't finish up on Legion pristines until I'm done with all the Archaeology rares. Want to minimize the amount of time I spend on archaeology.