Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What you want to do is download SimulationCraft from this link: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D|

I can assure you that this is safe, but of course don't download it unless you're willing to.

Also install addon "Simulationcraft" from curse

Then, go to options in Simulationcraft program. Set fight length to the one you're interested about like 150s or whatever. Set up Iterations to whatever, the more the less RNG. Set up player's skill to Elite or Good.

Launch wow client, log to your char, type in /simc in chat and CTRL+C copy everything and CTRL+V it into Simulationcraft's program "Simulate" section. Then press simulate.

You'll see result, for example 313k DPS.

Then change trinkets to the other one(s), type in /simc again, copy everything, paste everything to Simulate section and simulate it again.

Simulations are reliable

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Since it's the 4th time I'm saying this I'll just quote it this time.

Deleted
    i know you mentioned to ignore it 2490384 times, but in which way was it nerfed? Is it worse now compared to the "int + 2nd-stat"-trinkets from WQs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Caged Horror has an awful proc rate compared to the other dmg trinkets (0.85 rppm vs. 2rppm of oakhearts). It's pretty not great for single target.
    Think that one is bugged, even tho it has low proc rate, it procs more than anything for me. It even kills mobs while i run mounted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    What you want to do is download SimulationCraft from this link: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D|

I can assure you that this is safe, but of course don't download it unless you're willing to.

Also install addon "Simulationcraft" from curse

Then, go to options in Simulationcraft program. Set fight length to the one you're interested about like 150s or whatever. Set up Iterations to whatever, the more the less RNG. Set up player's skill to Elite or Good.

Launch wow client, log to your char, type in /simc in chat and CTRL+C copy everything and CTRL+V it into Simulationcraft's program "Simulate" section. Then press simulate.

You'll see result, for example 313k DPS.

Then change trinkets to the other one(s), type in /simc again, copy everything, paste everything to Simulate section and simulate it again.

Simulations are reliable
    Thanks for this; I hadn;t used simcraft in a while but it did help and the results were pretty much accurate: 230k dps which is what I average in dungeons. Except of course, if I can combust twice, which usually ends the fight at 300k+.

All trinket combinations are close, but the best 2 are the crit trinkets; bloom of new growth and eye of skolvald.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-09-09 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aggrokalle View Post
    i know you mentioned to ignore it 2490384 times, but in which way was it nerfed? Is it worse now compared to the "int + 2nd-stat"-trinkets from WQs?
    Unfortunately I don't have any numbers to support any argument for or against. I do know it's not as powerful as before. Some say it's still BiS against demon targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    Think that one is bugged, even tho it has low proc rate, it procs more than anything for me. It even kills mobs while i run mounted.
    Wowhead comments say the same about Oakheart's.

Devilsaur Shock-Baton worth mentioning in this or was that simmed and deemed not worthy to be on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by pydoc11 View Post
    Devilsaur Shock-Baton worth mentioning in this or was that simmed and deemed not worthy to be on the list?
    I have this. It appears to have no internal cool down and the damage can critical strike. I just had it proc 4 times in a row ranging from 200K to 300K damage on a boss fight. It was 14% of my damage for the whole fight.

This has to be a top 5 trinket.
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2016-09-10 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quest reward, which I probably already DE'ed. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Quest reward, which I probably already DE'ed. >.<
    It's a WQ, you'll get it again.

It's not very good at all.

The damage proc on it is lower than that of the Eye of Skovald, AND it's got a lower ppm rate, AND it's single target and not aoe.

The damage proc is also worse than that of the Corrupted Starlight, so I'd imagine it's under both on the list

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I have this. It appears to have no internal cool down and the damage can critical strike. I just had it proc 4 times in a row ranging from 200K to 300K damage on a boss fight. It was 14% of my damage for the whole fight.

This has to be a top 5 trinket.
    I'd say you got lucky more than anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post

The damage proc on it is lower than that of the Eye of Skovald, AND it's got a lower ppm rate, AND it's single target and not aoe.

The damage proc is also worse than that of the Corrupted Starlight, so I'd imagine it's under both on the list

Latests tests were posted by Frosted in the mage discord and have Shock-Baton as BIS at 840 ilevel. All trinkets here are 840 ilevel except for the Orb of course, against non-demons.

I fucked up on use things there, so ignore those until I fix it (tonight)

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post

You are incorrect, sir. The trinket does not have a low proc rate. The thing procs a shit ton with no internal cool down. It averages 10% or higher of my damage every boss fight.

Deleted
    Devilsaurs trinkets damage was increased and proc was increased too. I had 825 version, but i really hope that i get that world quest soon again.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    You are incorrect, sir. The trinket does not have a low proc rate. The thing procs a shit ton with no internal cool down. It averages 10% or higher of my damage every boss fight.
    Did they change it? Because according to wowhead it's supposed to be 3 ppm, whereas Skovald's is listed at 4. Sort of scratching my head as to how something with a lower proc rate and less damage per proc is doing better in that sim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Devilsaurs trinkets damage was increased and proc was increased too. I had 825 version, but i really hope that i get that world quest soon again.
    Oh I see. I was going off what wowhead said, but as it was changed they must not have it updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromonger View Post
    Latests tests were posted by Frosted in the mage discord and have Shock-Baton as BIS at 840 ilevel. All trinkets here are 840 ilevel except for the Orb of course, against non-demons.

Where is Darkmoon: Hellfire trink on here? Someone should sim the 850 version (not 840) and compare it.

Worth noting that getting max damage out of Naraxas (20yd range) is pretty fucking AIDS in basically any dungeon, coming from someone who's currently playing a spec with unlimited mobility (BM hunt).

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromonger View Post

I feel like eye of skovald is much better than gnarled root. Both have no icd, but the problem with gnarled root is that it will not proc back to back like the other trinkets can.

Once the dot is up, it will have to run its entire duration before you see another one. This is all for single target too. In that time you can have skovald proc twice, and it's also aoe. Then there is also the static crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    Where is Darkmoon: Hellfire trink on here? Someone should sim the 850 version (not 840) and compare it.
    The Darkmoon trinket is 3rd in the above list. Comparing a trinket at 850, to others at 840, wouldn't make sense. This list isn't entirely correct at Frosted said he goofed on the use trinkets. He's working on a new one in the meantime but this was the latest.