Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shaman Withered Scenario Thread

Hi All,

I thought we should get a thread going for tips and tricks for us in the withered scenario. Has anyone done really well on this so far? It is proving to be a pain in the ass for myself as enhance.

When that guy bursts out an egg with dual swords iirc, stun that mother fucker immediately and pop all dps cooldowns, then pop defensives when stuns down and hope to fuck you can kill him before he kills you.

I made the mistake thinking oh it's just another regular mob. Noooo sir.

Also clear the spiders in the room as well, get your Ancient Mana Cap ASAP since taking 20 withered down compared to 5 is a major difference. The major chests only spawn once, so I'd suggest picking them up as you make your way through. This is supposed to take some time to complete, don't sweat it if you only get one new chest every time you go down.

I'd advise starters to open 2 glimmering chests the whenever they have 20 withered available and just finish the scenario. Basically clear everything up to the spider boss that charges, and go back to open 2-3 chests. Don't wipe on him and waste a lockout without opening the chests.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    When that guy bursts out an egg with dual swords iirc, stun that mother fucker immediately and pop all dps cooldowns, then pop defensives when stuns down and hope to fuck you can kill him before he kills you.

I made the mistake thinking oh it's just another regular mob. Noooo sir.
    Try to kite him once he has the 300% attack speed buff.

Body pull in ghost wolf form and pull the mob back. Your buddies won't attack until you do.
    Hex the first miniboss down the first lefthand tunnel, grab what's behind her and leave room. She'll reset if you are out of range and she does not follow you. She can however cast on your withered if she's in range. She does not give points.

I've made it to Elfbreaker with 35 withered and 400 points but prioritized unlocking chests instead of fighting him. I'll go back when I have the power items you can get from chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Try to kite him once he has the 300% attack speed buff.
    Not purge able I assume.

The sword guy 5shot me at 845ilvl anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Not purge able I assume.
    Yep, alternative is hex, Withered stop attacking once you hex him as far as i know.

Deleted
    You can hex him to heal up/wait for cds...

Deleted
    I have finished it, but didnt open the first door and one later in the tunnels.
    Dro was easy after you just pop eveything on him enable the withereds to berserk then hit it and run if you need to and spam healing surge.
    The ettin made it difficult because i didnt checked the it earlier on wowhead, didnt pull it out of the room so the spiders coming from the last boss constantly harrassed my team. After i killed him i tried to go up to the last boss with 27 withered, slowly killing the spiders.

DO NOT make this mistake, just run up in ghostwolf and engage the boss then run back and try to stay alive, if you want to fight them they will overwhelm you because you cannot aoe them down fast enough. Lost about 5 trying to climb up slowly, went back for the chests thinking its the end for me, had 3 left when i opened the chests and said fck it, and went for the last boss an killed it again with all cds blown on her. So its pretty easy after you engage it there is no more spiders hits lightly at you in mail.

The most important is to go slowly and try to deal with a few at a time
    Enhancement 845ilvl 19 trait 875 doomhammer around 35-40 minutes

Enhancement:

Against Dro, the dps menace in the scenario, I took ascendance so I can attack from afar and kite him. BLed and used all cds + kiting when he's kicking my ass with damage. managed to kill him without losing any withered (was 832 ilvl if i recall correctly). should work with lower gear aswell, just kite him when you feel he's nuking your ass.
    (finished with 450~ score and 25 withered converted into chests)

Finished today 846 ele. I would highly recommend NOT fucking with the spider gauntlet at the end, just go collect chests.

Deleted
    I had huge problems with Dro before, but when i did it yesterday it wasn´t hard at all. When he comes, enrage your withered and use all CDS to burn him down. You can easilly tank him when he doesnt have the dmg buff, but when he does, KITE. He will rip through you like nothing othervise.

Other than that, no boss was really a problem. Ended upp with 530 points i think, and 30 withered left. Not sure why the guy above says to skip the spider event, because it gives quite a few withered guys to pick up. Just enrage them when you want to click them, othervise the small spiders will interupt you constantly. Spider boss itself doesnt hit hard. Infact, the only boss that hits hard is Dro, the rest are easilly tankable.

Did it as 843 Enhancement.

Edit: If you are having problems with the big arcane dudes, always enrage your withered! If you cant kill it before they explode, save the stun totem for the last 20% so it gets interupted, since thats the only way to cancel it. But when you have 15+ withered enraged they really go down fast. I think a lot of people arent using the enrage button enough. Dont have it on for too long though, othervise you end up chasing the withered who are about to get lost a lot.
    Last edited by mmoccb6aec8e5b; 2016-09-09 at 07:19 AM.

Deleted
    The furthest I've come was down to the spider eggs after the first big chest as 830 ilvl enhancement. I feel like all the mobs, especially the arcane elementals, hit like trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ns View Post

Did it as 843 Enhancement.

Yeah there are some tiny differences in doing the spider gauntlet as ele vs enhance...

Deleted
    imo just start with 15(1300 mana, go 2000 if uve unlocked all).

kill all mobs, kill first mini boss, dont open any treasures yet, kill all the patrolling big arcanes and dryads, go downstairs and clear all the spiders, clear any trash till you hit 250-300+ then stop and go back to your chests.

then just open a large(10) a small(5) and another small(5) and do whatever. next run when you have like 25% hp/damage an a berserker you can go for 400+ and 2-3 treasures.

I completed the scenario now ie gotten every single chest that upgrades my Withereds. If you are just starting out don't go for Dro the first couple of time. Dieing and not getting chests is not worth it. Giving up a tiny bit of rep too push further next time with more gear is worth it.

Hardest part of the scenario is killing Dro. If you decide to go for him make sure you have bloodlust and all your cooldowns ready for him. He will alternate between swinging mad damage at you and dashing and killing your Withered. The dash is mostly harmless he might kill 1 or 2 Withered is your damage is low but at least he wont kill you. When he is going for you be prepared with your cap totem, thunderstorm/kite and earth elemental tank.

Apart from Dro only thing that can kill all your withered is the AoE from the big arcane mobs. Make sure you enrage your dudes, interrupt the first cast and once they are at 30-40% place cap totem. The explosion they do at low health does 30-40% of your Withereds health. Elemental has slightly better survivability with stronger healing surges and Earth ele so if you have some random world quest int trinkets and ele artifact with a few traits it might be easier to survive if you are struggling on him.

When you ran the scenario a few times and gotten most of the upgrades/chests you can kill the elfbreaker easily by pulling all the way back in the tunnel you come from. you want to pull him nowhere near your withereds he is pretty easy.

As soon as you can kill all but the last boss you want to push with 10ish Withereds up the spider gauntlet and grab the chest up the first stairs, actually getting to the top is very hard and you will mostly die, I never managed to do it as 846 with most upgrades. Just rush halfway up the stairs and grab the 25% damage increase chest http://imgur.com/a/zEwRK killing the last boss is not worth it at all, you get one extra chest that gives a companion pet. The chests don't respawn so doing the last boss twice gives you nothing at all.

After you gotten every single chest all you need to do is grab around 400-500 score and die and you will get max rewards. I got my last chest today so I am unsure how many you can go with to get 400 score easily. I would go with at least 10 but it might be possible with even less dudes.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2016-09-11 at 05:47 PM.

These are all the chests you can get:
    http://imgur.com/a/zEwRK

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    But if you hex him, shouldn't he get back to full HP anyway.. I mean it's not worth it hexing Dro in the middle of fighting him if he gets his health back.

I wish Shaman would have a tanking spec, whole scenario would be a walk in the park..
    Hex is not Poly. It does not heal