Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    yea i see u read just as many books as gary which is zero.

the middle east wasnt always a shithole, it has a very rich history, aleppo is a famous city, i dont expect a guy like you who has 4k posts on a wow forum to read books but gary johnson wants to be POTUS
    rich history that nobody cares about? that makes absolutely no difference in today's world. yeah i can see why americans dgaf about aleppo or any other shit middle east city. and yes much of humans history is centered there seeing how we most likely all came from northern africa/middle east. oh and jesus was an arab looking dude not white. what more do i need to know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Uh, yes. He was my governor for a good time, and did a fantastic job.
    But to be fair, being the governor of a state and the President of a country are two distinctly different things. Johnson doesn't really need to know about Syria and Aleppo and ISIS and Assad to run Oregon. But I'd expect him to know about these things to run the US.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But to be fair, being the governor of a state and the President of a country are two distinctly different things. Johnson doesn't really need to know about Syria and Aleppo and ISIS and Assad to run Oregon. But I'd expect him to know about these things to run the US.
    to be fair, being a community organizer and the president of a country are two distinctly different things but Obama did pretty good. I;m sure reagan was nothing but an actor in his younger days and managed to be a decent president. starting to wonder if the job is easier than it sounds or if others really pull the strings/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    to be fair, being a community organizer and the president of a country are two distinctly different things but Obama did pretty good. I;m sure reagan was nothing but an actor in his younger days and managed to be a decent president. starting to wonder if the job is easier than it sounds or if others really pull the strings/
    You know who pays politicians? Corporations. You know what that makes them? Employees. Why does it matter if they know anything?

Doesn't matter if you deem Aleppo important or if you care about the Middle East in general, not hearing about it in the past few years does say a lot about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way the question was asked it sounded like a leppo, not aleppo.

i can see why he got confused.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    to be fair, being a community organizer and the president of a country are two distinctly different things
    Don't you just love when people draw parallels between something a guy did in his 20's and being President? As is there was nothing he did in the 20+ years in between, like being a professor of constitutional law at a top university, state Senator, or US Senator that would contribute towards being one of the better US Presidents in history.
    Last edited by Norjak; 2016-09-10 at 02:19 AM.

He thought it was an acronym, I don't really think it's a big deal. With the amount of stupid shit that Trump is saying this election season, Johnson could have said that he didn't know where the Middle East was and it wouldn't have been worthy of batting an eyelash. To me personally, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    This will end his campaign. President's most influence is in foreign policy and the libertarian party by definition doesn't seem to care about foreign policy. Combine that with the fact that his personal opinions on things like the "fair" tax and Net Neutrality are actually starting to be brought to light and his platform will be shunned by most of the people clamoring for him to be in the debates.

He's a great guy. He's an awful candidate representing an even more awful party. Not knowing what Aleppo is, when he's painted himself as the "alternative" to an insane Trump just makes him look like a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame View Post
    This will end his campaign.
    That the fact that his name isn't Hillary Clinton ended his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I have to agree. Johnson claims to understand the crisis in Syria, but not knowing what Aleppo is directly undermines that statement.

This isn't just picking at straws. He's running for the highest office in the land, a position largely focused on international affairs. This stuff matters.
    Oh please... I'd rather have him not know the name of a city than decide having anything to do with arming another rebel group is a reasonable plan.

I'm also pretty sure he is not getting security briefs.