Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Sharing class hall with other players is the dumbest thing ever

The whole story is about how you're the great leader of your order, and you're the one who wields that super special weapon. Yet at the same time, there's 50 other people running around your class hall with exactly the same weapon.

I really don't understand what Blizzard is trying to do here. The story of the game says one thing, but the actual gameplay does the complete opposite.

Also, why the hell did they go out of their way to make class hall bodyguards look like random NPC's to other players? It kind of made sense for the garrison, but here, everyone is already running around with the same artifacts in the same order halls anyway. So pointless.

They should have just made it like the garrison where you're by yourself. You don't spend that much time there anyway, it wouldn't be that bad.

Yeah because garrisons 2.0 would have been awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    While I sort of agree, it would be quite lonely in there w/o others.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to learn to separate yourself from the game. once you realize there are two individual elements involved here you can start to enjoy the game more. yes the game is an MMO, which by definition means many others are playing too, but storywise.. you are alone.

these elements of story are meant to be taken as if the story was tailored to you specifically. none of those other people exist inside your version of this story... they do exist for the sake of gameplay and experiencing the game with other people as an MMO.

yes you see other people in your class hall for gameplay reasons, but they are all playing their own version of the story, just as you play yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    The did the same thing in WoD we built this fort and we were pretty much the only ones allowed in there, because in the story it was us doing all of this amazing things, but it back fired from this epic garrison where we conduct many murders and adventures to pretty much 70% of the games population sitting there alone being anti social...

10+ Year Old Account
    That throwback to favouring the solitary Garrison came two xpacs early!
    I really like seeing other players around me.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    you have to learn to separate yourself from the game. once you realize there are two individual elements involved here you can start to enjoy the game more. yes the game is an MMO, which by definition means many others are playing too, but storywise.. you are alone.

these elements of story are meant to be taken as if the story was tailored to you specifically. none of those other people exist inside your version of this story... they do exist for the sake of gameplay and experiencing the game with other people as an MMO.

yes you see other people in your class hall for gameplay reasons, but they are all playing their own version of the story, just as you play yours.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Order-Hall-CRZ

Also - it has nothing to do with realizing anything. Ofcourse you know how it works and why it is the way it is. Doesn't mean it actually make sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    That throwback to favouring the solitary Garrison came two xpacs early!
    I really like seeing other players around me.
    Then go to Dalaran. It's literally a portal away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by salavon701 View Post
    The did the same thing in WoD we built this fort and we were pretty much the only ones allowed in there, because in the story it was us doing all of this amazing things, but it back fired from this epic garrison where we conduct many murders and adventures to pretty much 70% of the games population sitting there alone being anti social...
    Except this time the main hub is Dalaran, not your garrison.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    But then I wouldn't enjoy the occasional 80 meters tall devilsaur in front of the the Lodge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, really. Though, reduce phasing so bigger servers don't share to others.

Only downside with Order Halls is, we're the leaders - we are the special snowflakes.

Just like the Garrison, didn't like that we were handed such leadership either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Actually one of the best ideas ever. No one wants Garrisons 2.0 where you're idling alone in your garrisons all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7+ Year Old Account
    no fucking thanks.

rob, shut up for once.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Personally I love seeing other people in my class hall

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    An unintended increase in player population in certain zones, notably Class Halls, has been fixed.
    You shouldn't see 50 people in your Class Hall.
    Unfortunately the bug doesn't seem to be really fixed.
    I'm glad you answered your own question

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Except this time the main hub is Dalaran, not your garrison.[/QUOTE]

The main hub was warspear...

Deleted
    I understand what you mean, and story-wise it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I disagree that it's a dumb thing per se. The isolation of the Garrison was one of the key reasons it is perceived as negatively as it is.

They made an error in making us special snowflakes, they should've made us high-ranking heroes of a specific order. Of course that conflicts with Artifacts, but it's much easier to explain that you're a Archmage, as opposed to the Archmage who wields Felo'melorn.

All of it boils down to the fact that you need to suspend your disbelief and roll with it. I don't have many issues doing that, I'd much rather have a sloppy class fantasy than a new Garrison devoid of PC life.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I understand what you mean, and story-wise it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I disagree that it's a dumb thing per se. The isolation of the Garrison was one of the key reasons it is perceived as negatively as it is.

They made an error in making us special snowflakes, they should've made us high-ranking heroes of a specific order. Of course that conflicts with Artifacts, but it's much easier to explain that you're a Archmage, as opposed to the Archmage who wields Felo'melorn.

All of it boils down to the fact that you need to suspend your disbelief and roll with it. I don't have many issues doing that, I'd much rather have a sloppy class fantasy than a new Garrison devoid of PC life.
    I have some trouble feeling immersed when an NPC announces me as the new leader of their order while I see twenty other people in front of me with Ashbringer

Deleted
    I think the Class Hall is spot on. directly connected to the main hub is big plus. And I'm perfectly OK with imagining all those shaman (NPC and PC) running around are doing what the Farseer (me) told them to do. It brings life to the 'garrison'.

And like it has been said before, there will always be a disconnect between the game part (a shitload of PC's all doing the same thing) and the lore part (a handfull of heroes you being the biggest one).

Deleted
    Your statements contradict itselves.

When playing out in the world chances are rather slim that you will run into someone wearing the same one as you do (thanks to sharding); and even if you meet another player of your class he might be wearing another spec's artifact anyway. The follower is more likely not to differentiate between the 2 of you; in that way it kind of makes sense to make it look like the other guy is accompanied by a random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I have some trouble feeling immersed when an NPC announces me as the new leader of their order while I see twenty other people in front of me with Ashbringer
    I know and I agree. However if I have to compare it to an empty class order hall each time I'm there, even though we don't spend as much time there...