Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And yet there is a giant impaled Deathwing in the background of Murozond's death, which is what the vision has shown. Not to mention even if the vision was blurry or whatever, even though Nozdormu's text after Murozond fight doesn't mention, there is still the issue of Nozdormu himself being corrupted. Yet no one stopped to think that if one Aspect can be corrupted by something others can be too. Then again this is still the part of 4.3 that makes the most sense. They'd need a Chronicle book dedicated just to this patch for it to make sense.
    It know makes sense? Really?

Fuck, I think I bought the wrong chronicles book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing Malygos didn't screw up anything, as his aspecthood was transferred to another. The very essense of magic was not destroyed. The very nature of the blue dragons remained alive.

Until Kalecgos had to sacrifice it (utterly) in order to kill Deathwing.

the magic in this case destroyed much more than the basic powers of the dragons, it was a far deeper and terrible result. It didn't just make them physically weak and capable of dying of old age, but worse, also revoked their fertility.

Being as the original five aspects were all protodrakes that had been dramatically infused with power, and that protodrakes are extremely unlike dragons (other than some rough features), for them to give up the 'magic', also gave up their ability to procreate (though I bet some dragon is going to get lucky with a protodrake and may discover that it's possible to "outbreed" to save their races. Yes, that's like screwing an animal, but you know dragons really have no qualms about that sort of thing)

Deleted
    Here is a thought, if the dragon soul caused the aspect to give up an essence that imbued their dragonflight resulting in everyone in that flight being effect. Doesnt that mean it also effects thing they imbued with their dragonflight essence.......like say nordrassil the night elf capitol tree......will that now go corrupt again and the night elves being weakened (although it seemed they already removed that lore where they regained immunitty do disease).

Another aspect, why is Sennegos the oldest dragon of the dragonflight? Wouldnt that be Alexstraze the mother of dragons. The only way he could be the oldest is if he was a prototype to the actual finished dragonflights. Legion has so many small stupid lore mistakes and contradictions in the same zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Being as the original five aspects were all protodrakes that had been dramatically infused with power, and that protodrakes are extremely unlike dragons (other than some rough features), for them to give up the 'magic', also gave up their ability to procreate (though I bet some dragon is going to get lucky with a protodrake and may discover that it's possible to "outbreed" to save their races. Yes, that's like screwing an animal, but you know dragons really have no qualms about that sort of thing)
    You sure about this? I they used the biggest dragon (forgot his name) as blueprint for the dragonflight, if they used it as blueprint than it's unlikely they went hey proto here have some infusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Here is a thought, if the dragon soul caused the aspect to give up an essence that imbued their dragonflight resulting in everyone in that flight being effect. Doesnt that mean it also effects thing they imbued with their dragonflight essence.......like say nordrassil the night elf capitol tree......will that now go corrupt again and the night elves being weakened (although it seemed they already removed that lore where they regained immunitty do disease).

Another aspect, why is Sennegos the oldest dragon of the dragonflight? Wouldnt that be Alexstraze the mother of dragons. The only way he could be the oldest is if he was a prototype to the actual finished dragonflights. Legion has so many small stupid lore mistakes and contradictions in the same zone.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure about this? I they used the biggest dragon (forgot his name) as blueprint for the dragonflight, if they used it as blueprint than it's unlikely they went hey proto here have some infusion.

There may have been a questline I missed, but when you talk to Alex and a few other dragons about the protodrakes you run into (I think it's actually a Bronze who speaks up about it - he was a flightmaster in Icecrown?) he says "yeah, without the power of the titans, these would be what we look like. We've come a long way."

the "biggest" one they infused was a protodrake female, as far as I understand, she laid 5 eggs, which were each a different color. But gods, I cannot recall her name for the LIFE of me.

So the flights were born to children of a protodrake. they were just altered dramatically in power and intelligence.

It was Blizzard's attempt to make Deathwing a more impactful villain. After all, there's only so many world-destroying villains you can come up with before they all start blurring together. So hey, if Deathwing is the one that causes the Dragon Aspects to lose their powers, then that'll make the story super compelling! Of course, in the end, it turns out Deathwing's just a sideshow villain and they wasted all of the Dragon Aspects' stories on a filler expansion. Oops! It's like they learned nothing from Burning Crusade and throwing lore characters into a wood chipper.

I guess they're still doing that with Legion, but at least the Burning Legion feels like an appropriate threat worth killing off and altering so many important characters. Cataclysm felt like Blizzard's story writers grabbing a bullhorn and shouting "THIS IS IMPORTANT!" without the appropriate setup or payoff. But hey, that's what retconning is for.
    Last edited by Nekosom; 2016-09-25 at 01:32 AM.