Prot Warr Adds Tanking

quick questions to those that might know better than me:
    • What's the best way to handle threat on a stream of adds, as a prot warr? My current setup is TC > Revenge > tab-target SSlam / Devastate. Ignoring CDs (arti ability / Shockwave / leap), is there anything else?
    • w.r.t. the above 'rotation', what's the best way to keep up aoe aggro against Havoc DHs, and WW monks? Especially on the initial pull of packs in dungeons? (Discounting stuff like TotT and Misdirection)

Cheers!

Deleted
    First, I want to quote Ghostcrawler in this matter:"If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice."

Second, TC is usually enough. Getting initial aggro is more or less enough. Yeah sometimes there are some special snowflakes that overextend and actually get aggro for a second, but that rarely happens. IMHO aggro is not really a thing at this point.

Deleted
    Just the offensive skills: Charge (with Warbringer) -> Shield-Block -> Shield Slam -> TC -> Revenge -> Neltharions combined with Battlecry
    If you are using Vengeance (which you should) build in your defensive Rota dance.
    Running 350-500k dps in mob packs with 5+ enemies like this (ilvl 840, no 3rd relic) in Hc and Mythic.

Deleted
    I mean revenge is the main ability since it resets its CD so much during large packs, so I'm assuming you're properly watching for that to proc? The best way to handle streaming adds is just to be a bit more reserved with using your abilities, and not spam. Revenge first adds, TC second, shockwave third etc.

But tbh the only reason I can imagine having AOE threat issues is if there's just a massive gear discrepancy between the tank and the dps.

The only way I can hold an AOE pack against our Havoc DH is the following: Leap (Or Charge + Leap) -> TClap -> Revenge -> Neltharion's Fury. Assuming you're positioned well no way are they pulling any of that off of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ikeh View Post
    The only way I can hold an AOE pack against our Havoc DH is the following: Leap (Or Charge + Leap) -> TClap -> Revenge -> Neltharion's Fury. Assuming you're positioned well no way are they pulling any of that off of you.
    Aye, but when Nelth's Fury is on CD, it's a PITA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, as much as I love my prot war, add tanking is the only thing that is a little frustrating. I'm cool if I get there first, but if adds show up a few seconds late, then I lose aggro and have to round them up as best I can.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

15+ Year Old Account
    Never had issues with add tanking as prot in Legion.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think people often forget that Heroic Throw has no CD when Prot and generates high threat so good for picking up stray adds that aggro. Between Taunt, Thunder Clap, Revenge, Neltharion's Fury, Shockwave, and Heroic Throw. AoE tanking and picking up adds shouldn't be much of an issue.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Streams of adds were never the strong suit of Warriors. However in Legion picking them up is easier than ever, I reckon. You got more tools that cause AOe threat, heroic throw is amazing, Heroic Leap does some AOe threat, Haste reduces Thunderclaps CD and Nelts can be used to gain some snapaggro. Of course you have to use them mindful. Or using Nelts without hitting something or right before you have to move should be avoided. Using thunderclap on one or two add if you know that there will be more soon is a waste. Positioning and timing are key and if everything fails there is always taunt