Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Liverpool, Ohio police post graphic photo of overdosed parents

So this picture is making the rounds on facebook of two parents who were overdosed on opiates in a car with their child in the back seat. Some people are outraged by it I think it's a good idea. People need a wake up call with drugs like heroin on the rise. What do you guys think about it?

EAST LIVERPOOL, Ohio - East Liverpool, Ohio police hope graphic photos of two who adults who overdosed in a car with a child in the back seat will raise awareness about the drug problem Ohio currently faces.

The City of East Liverpool posted the photos on its Facebook page on Thursday. The photos show two unconscious adults with a 4-year-old boy in the back seat.

According to the East Liverpool police report, around 3 p.m. Wednesday an officer was driving behind a Ford Explorer when he noticed the vehicle was weaving back and forth erratically. The driver then skidded to a stop next to a school bus and then drifted to the side of the road.

The officer approached the driver, later identified as 47-year-old James Acord, whose head was bobbing back and forth and whose speech was unintelligible.

Rhonda Pasek, 50, was unconscious in the next seat, according to police.

When the officer asked Acord what was going on, he said he was trying to take Pasek to the hospital, and then tried to drive off. According to the police report, the officer had to pull the keys out of the car to get him to stop.

Acord then went completely unconscious. Pasek's 4-year-old son was in the back seat.

The officer called EMS and paramedics administered "several rounds" of Narcan.

"We feel it necessary to show the other side of this horrible drug," the city wrote on its Facebook page. "We feel we need to be a voice for the children caught up in this horrible mess. This child can't speak for himself but we are hopeful his story can convince another user to think twice about injecting this poison while having a child in their custody. We are well aware that some may be offended by these images and for that we are truly sorry, but it is time that the non drug using public sees what we are now dealing with on a daily basis."
    http://www.abc15.com/news/national/e...ear-old-in-car
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel horrible for that child. Such a shame that this is still such a problem.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I feel horrible for that child. Such a shame that this is still such a problem.
    It's a growing problem unfortunately. I live in ohio and the town I grew up around has had a huge spike in drugs. heroin specifically.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this happened not too far from me in Ohio as well. Just in Cinci recently there was 130 something heroin OD's in 3 days. And in smaller towns the problem is likely much worse but with less reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

This is no different than when they show before and after shots of people ravaged by meth. No cares given to people being offended by this.

Deleted
    Let's not have police abusing the situation for their benefit get in the way of other peoples voyeurism?

Having said that a website showing roughed up cops is long overdue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even places abroad called Liverpool are full of smackheads!

Deleted
    They can only dream of being scousers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how this is graphic. But yea, it's pretty unfortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's a growing problem unfortunately. I live in ohio and the town I grew up around has had a huge spike in drugs. heroin specifically.
    Apparently, according to the news, NJ is also having a growing problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Even places abroad called Liverpool are full of smackheads!
    My thoughts exactly. You can take the Liverpool out of Liverpool, and all that
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure that image anything but stroke the ego of the guys who came up with the idea to post the picture.

No drug addict is going to go "Whelp, looks like I'm quitting!". More like, "I know my limits".

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It just amazes me how we treated heroin in the inner cities and how we're treating it now. Back then nobody cared about a bunch of junkies being self destructive, today it's an "opiate addiction disease" and the "victims of opiate addiction".

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I guess this is Afghanistan invading the USA.
    The Ghosts of the Mujahadin have followed them back to the homeland. Russia had that same problem.

And yet Alcohol remains legal and drink drivers are more rampant, yet this seems to be a bigger "issue"... ?

/war on drugs, m'kay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It just amazes me how we treated heroin in the inner cities and how we're treating it now. Back then nobody cared about a bunch of junkies being self destructive, today it's an "opiate addiction disease" and the "victims of opiate addiction".
    If it is due to an effort being put forth to fix the problem, then I don't mind them treating it this way.

Better then, "Fuck those junkies, they can kill themselves so long as we aren't effected by it."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It take a lot more than a distressed child to cure heroin addiction, even if the child is your own.
    This is a sad truth. Addiction cares for no one. Trust me, I know. Lost my Step Father due to his addiction to alcohol. Which didn't stop my mother from continuing to be an alcoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    And yet Alcohol remains legal and drink drivers are more rampant, yet this seems to be a bigger "issue"... ?

/war on drugs, m'kay!
    Cause fuck that kid in the back seat right? He's probably the reason they overdosed right?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Mmm the good old heroin, children always come second when it comes to that drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    He's probably the reason they overdosed right?
    Everytime I look after my nephews and/or nieces, I hit the bottle, so you may be onto something there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post

/war on drugs, m'kay!
    Are you saying we should make Alcohol illegal?