10+ Year Old Account

So when should I use Effuse?

Started playing my MW Monk in dungeons and I think I've used Effuse maybe once or twice the entire time. I just don't see the point in it when Viv is so much better.

Viv costs about twice as much but heals for about twice as much AND it heals 3 targets... Sooo why should I ever use Effuse? Especially in group where multiple people are usually getting hit.

So far the only use I found for it is starting SM heal on a specific target that is taking low damage...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    the only time i catch myself casting effuse is when i want to apply a cheap soothing mist on the tank after a rem cast or sometimes with FT on tank when he takes high damage. but i sometimes think its just better to just spam viv after env, so if other taargets get dmg they will get healed too

It is actually pretty decent in PvP with "Fortune turned" talent and combined with TFT which boosts it to 200% and then with the talent +45%. In PvE it is very good if you go low on mana and need to heal, you can pretty much spam it, even if you are actually OOM.

Deleted
    Effuse is pretty much only a filler. But if the gear you have accuired have loads of mastery instead of cirt/ verse the effuse become a rather useful spell as your good heals will be weaker cos of all the mastery. The diffrence between effuse and soothing mist is mostly mastery procc in output. So effuse is barely worth casting back to back compared to effuse and let the soothing mist tick.

If legendary pants dropp you want to use every effuse procc for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by reikumo View Post
    the only time i catch myself casting effuse is when i want to apply a cheap soothing mist on the tank after a rem cast or sometimes with FT on tank when he takes high damage. but i sometimes think its just better to just spam viv after env, so if other taargets get dmg they will get healed too
    This, or if you're super stacked in Mastery.