Level 100+ Questing As Fire?

I have got my mage to lvl 90 and now I am working on 100. How has it been leveling as fire once you hit 100? I know the mobs have more HP and hit harder etc, but seems like in the past frost was the only way to quest.

So my question is, how painful is it to quest/level as fire?

Thanks,
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Not painful at all for me. I love everything about Fire Mages and since I levelled mine 99%of my time has been in Fire and won't change. Just pull multiple mobs and destroy it all

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    in World Quest you can pull a lot and kite them, vs Elites you just sit and nuke the fuck out of them. EZ PZ

I always levelled as frost and the raided as fire but this xpac I went fire and it's been great. I'm currently 108 and have all 3 artifacts so I've tried them all but still find fire the best and most fun.

Have to say, trying to level as fire was terrible. Frost for that, definitely. But once you're 100, Fire is the way to go for instances and stuff like that.

Gotcha, thank you everyone for the feedback. I am going to give it a shot.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoy it, and I am glad I chose it as my spec in Legion.

Also hint, hint..."I love to burn things" :L

If you need a good title too for your Fire Mage, get the Firelord title.
    For the Horde!

And a firehawk mount.

And a T13 mog set.

And while you're at it, rename your toon in Moltenposer.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    And a firehawk mount.

And a T13 mog set.

And while you're at it, rename your toon in Moltenposer.

T11/T12*** those are what you're looking for. T13 was DS...no fire theme there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty fun, you get crits all the time and in sticky situations you can always go fire god and blow up everything.

Deleted
    I leveled as fire, and i did regret it. 100-110 is perfectly fine, however this is legion and the real questing starts at lvl 110. Fresh lvl 110 sub 800 ilvl fire mage in Suramar? No slow, no cc, 2m hp non-elite demons. Not fun.

Trust me, frost is the only option to play normally compared to most of the classes untill you get some gear. I currently have dk and druid as well on 110, and believe me, the mage had nearly no solo power as fire on 110 compared to dk/druid.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    T11/T12*** those are what you're looking for. T13 was DS...no fire theme there.
    Right; FL's T12 then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    I leveled as fire, and i did regret it. 100-110 is perfectly fine, however this is legion and the real questing starts at lvl 110. Fresh lvl 110 sub 800 ilvl fire mage in Suramar? No slow, no cc, 2m hp non-elite demons. Not fun.

Trust me, frost is the only option to play normally compared to most of the classes untill you get some gear. I currently have dk and druid as well on 110, and believe me, the mage had nearly no solo power as fire on 110 compared to dk/druid.
    Don't take this person seriously. Fire is perfectly fine. Gearing is fast and steady, and as long as you don't put on versatility.. build up some crit/haste gear.. you will be fine. I leveled in about 18hrs as fire.. world quests were not an issue, neither was suramar.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

The "leveling as frost is superior" mentality, is pretty old. Fire has been superior for leveling since at least the start of Cataclysm.

I haven't had any problems as a fire mage at all. As long as you utilize your control spells effectively it is smooth.