View Poll Results: Would you rather be known as the second Jonas Salk or the second Pablo Escobar?

Voters
35. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

3 8.57%
  • Neither

3 8.57%
  • Jonas Salk

23 65.71%
  • Pablo Escobar

6 17.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Can't I be both? Find the cure for something and sell it for billions?
    Then you just get to be remembered as being like this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Escobar was the biggest philanthropist his people had ever known. It's why it took so long to find and kill him. People in Columbia both loved and hated him
    He might have been "loved" by the people in one section of one city in Columbia because he built them things with his blood money.

To the rest of the nation, and the entire continent, he was a cancerous plague.

The consequences of actions still ruin hundreds of thousands of lives every year.

Who cares if a few ghetto dwellers in some shithole 3rd world city "loved" him?

People loved Hitler too.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

True, but I wouldn't be a mass murderer and I wouldn't be a broke dick.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    True, but I wouldn't be a mass murderer and I wouldn't be a broke dick.
    I'd just sell the cure for enough money to keep myself comfortable and then make my real money doing the talk show circuit, endorsement deals, and public speaking fees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Help humanity and live your life or die broke and alone? Hard choice to make for sure.
    Wait, which one is which

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Unfortunately, even if you only charge enough for any given drug to recover R&D costs, people will still think you're exploiting them for a profit. The only way to find cures for rare diseases that have a few thousand possible buyers is to jack up the prices of more common drugs so the bulk of the profits are put back into R&D to research the more rare deadly diseases since those likely won't yield any kind of real revenue.
    What's sad is when you find out that the typical big pharmaceutical company spends on average twice as much money on advertising than on R&D. It's better for them to spend crap loads of money convincing people they need drugs on tv that people don't really need, or bribing doctors to push their drugs onto as many customers as possible. If the drug companies stop trying to push their drugs on people that didn't need it, and instead put that money into more R&D, just imagine the new miracle cures they could develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    You should try harder to spell things correctly. Anyway Escobar for sure.
    Huh? What did I mispell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, Escobar... I think, even if it was Hitler vs Escobar, I would take my time to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

Except that Mr Leechy McSmugface didn't even come up with a solution to a problem himself. He bought it off somebody else, and then jacked up the price 600+%.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Except that Mr Leechy McSmugface didn't even come up with a solution to a problem himself. He bought it off somebody else, and then jacked up the price 600+%.
    Doesn't really matter to the common people whether or not the guy who jacked up the price actually discovered the solution or not though...all that matters is that the price was jacked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Huh? What did I mispell?
    Not that I want to get involved in a grammar war...but you used "to" when you should have used "too"

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salk, because pissing off anti-vaxxers with more/better vaccines would just put a smile on my face for a lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pablo Escobar because vaccines cause autisms in children.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Pablo Escobar for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Pablo Escobar because vaccines cause autisms in children.
    I dunno, I'd imagine the side effects of having crack addicted parents would be worse than a fictitious and erroneous belief that kids become autistic from vaccines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think polio might have been eradicated.
    Unfortunately, Polio is endemic in certain parts of the world, so it's not currently possible to eradicate it fully in the same way that we were able to eradicate Smallpox.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I dunno, I'd imagine the side effects of having crack addicted parents would be worse than a fictitious and erroneous belief that kids become autistic from vaccines.
    I think it's pretty clear that being addicted to crack is, like polio and small pox, far worse than the fictional chance of getting autism from vaccines. I got this information from a discredited doctor and a blond bombshell, so it must be true.
    Putin khuliyo