Poll: Is this commercial offensive?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Miracle Mattress posts "offensive" 9/11 commercial - Is it *truly* offensive?

Today this morning I stumbled upon a commercial that was trending on YT. The commercial displays three people, two men and a woman who are standing in front of two towers made of stacked mattresses. The commercial starts off with the woman telling the viewers that they're remembering 9/11 with a twin tower sale. Every mattress is worth a twin bed price. The video climaxes with the two men falling with the collasping towers as the woman screams before saying, "We'll never forget". I went further and investigated their social media. When I went upon Instagram, the people had seemed like down to earth people. While this commercial may seem offensive to those who have lost loved ones in the tragic event, it seems this commercial was none other but a dumb idea posted at the wrong time and should've been thought over.

Viewer Discretion is advised.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Im more offended by how low budget and cheap it is rather what it makes fun of.

I can't believe this outrage. 9/11 won't become funny for 5 years and 2 days. How dare they do something like this so early?

That's amazing......Wow.

I can see how this was offensive but I am not offended by it so its whatever. Its dark humor and is expected to be frowned upon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If it had better production quality, I might even find it funny.

Well I would say its offensive but I would also say so what?

gotta love low budget local level business commercials.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you can't laugh about it now after 15 years, you can't laugh about it at any time.

7+ Year Old Account
    She looks like she could eat two towers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bscosgr View Post
    I can't believe this outrage. 9/11 won't become funny for 5 years and 2 days. How dare they do something like this so early?
    9/11 jokes have been acceptable for years. This commercial just wasn't funny. Maybe a little funny how terrible it is. So bad it's funny? Or maybe it's not even bad enough to be funny so it's just lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Dark humour is dark humour. Haven't watched the video yet, but I doubt it'll be that offensive.

Too soon. But harmless. I wonder how their sales are?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Ted2 made fun of 9/11 and its still a great movie, same with the Southpark Aristocrats joke, and this is just dark humor.
    it'd be funnier if they posted it on Sept 11th instead of the 8th, and if it had higher production values.

I personally don't think it's a big deal.

I think it's in incredibly bad taste. I wouldn't shop there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like a B-Movie. But a commercial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Today this morning I stumbled upon a commercial that was trending on YT. The commercial displays three people, two men and a woman who are standing in front of two towers made of stacked mattresses. The commercial starts off with the woman telling the viewers that they're remembering 9/11 with a twin tower sale. Every mattress is worth a twin bed price. The video climaxes with the two men falling with the collasping towers as the woman screams before saying, "We'll never forget". I went further and investigated their social media. When I went upon Instagram, the people had seemed like down to earth people. While this commercial may seem offensive to those who have lost loved ones in the tragic event, it seems this commercial was none other but a dumb idea posted at the wrong time and should've been thought over.

Viewer Discretion is advised.
    It's in poor taste because it's trying to make profits of a tragedy.

normally i'd just give a chuckle and say its in poor taste but for some reason i find it pretty fucked. I guess it has to do more with me when the event occured

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It's in poor taste because it's trying to make profits of a tragedy.
    The country music industry has been doing that since 9/12.