Poll: Is this commercial offensive?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, I think it's a bit offensive. Honestly though, it's getting to the point where 9/11 gags and shit like this are only offensive to people who can still remember that day and remember it well. It was 15 years ago and I can still remember how fucking scary that day was, and all the traumatic shit that followed over the course of the next year. So yeah, I do find this commercial offensive.

Do I think it should be pulled from TV? Of course not. I can tell you this though: if I were looking for a mattress, and I saw this tacky, shitty, tasteless ad, I would never fucking buy from those people. No way they'd be getting a dime out of me, and considering this was their attempt to ENTICE you to spending money with them, that makes the commercial a pretty colossal failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    I am more offended that people thinks terrorists did it.
    I think reptilians qualify as terrorists though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think reptilians qualify as terrorists though.
    But how could they be terrorists if they already control the world?

Quote Originally Posted by bscosgr View Post
    The country music industry has been doing that since 9/12.
    Relevant!:
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Here's how you make a low-budget commercial for your local furniture store but in a way that's catchy, memorable, and doesn't stoop to using bikinis or offensive 9/11 jokes:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    But how could they be terrorists if they already control the world?
    They control it through terror!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Here's how you make a low-budget commercial for your local furniture store but in a way that's catchy, memorable, and doesn't stoop to using bikinis or offensive 9/11 jokes:

Sorry but Bryan Wilson tops anything out there:

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nothing... Look what tragedies Japanese make fun of!

Reminds me of this chess board from a few years ago:

While I myself am not offended by it (the commercial), I can see why it would upset some people.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-09-10 at 01:35 AM.

Kind of in poor taste, but the actual video is hilarious. Especially when the woman screams, then calmly says 'We'll never forget."

LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what makes it offensive is that it's not even trying to be respectful of it -- they could have shot that ad in a way that had the same schtick (all mattresses for a twin price) but instead make it something like "in honor of the memory of the event we'll donate $10 for every mattress sold to the 9/11 fund" or something.

But instead they used a giddy tone and then when the two guys fell into the towers of mattresses it just seemed...off. It's hard to put my finger on it but something about it just didn't sit right.

It's your typical poorly scripted/acted mattress commercial. I consider it to be in poor taste, not necessarily anything I'd be flamingly offended by however. The calm "we'll never forget" came across as a bit sarcastic lol, I can see how that could have offended people.

I don't see how this is offensive at all and this is coming from someone whose school was several blocks away from the WTC when 911 happened and whose mother lost a very dear friend. I had to walk to Brooklyn in the dust and it smelled like death so it's a memory I'll never forget.

It's definitely not appropriate to the point of it being hilarious but offensive is taking it too far. I'm trying to think of the moment when someone came up with this idea... and how.

Terrible commercial and as a person who grew up in New York and went through that day, it is offensive.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rate that 9/11

pretty tasteless for TV.

What I find interesting is that the original tragedy was because a bunch of people were offended at US culture.

Now 15 years later, we get offended at everything at the slightest sparkle of offense. We get so outraged over absolutely nothing.

US culture is now offensive to the US.

You have become your own worst enemies.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It's corny and of poor taste, I'm not sure it was meant to be offensive though. It definitely is offensive, but I don't think it's worth caring about. Let them do whatever dumbass commercial they want.

The ad isn't offensive. Learn to laugh at the incident and prove they didn't harm us. Keep getting outraged over it and prove they beat you.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Kind of in poor taste, but the actual video is hilarious. Especially when the woman screams, then calmly says 'We'll never forget."

LOL
    I know, right? The tragedy is sad and all but that part in the video is fucking hilarious imo. xD
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."