Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BoTFranK View Post
    Dropped engineering today... i went over what i would miss and found it to be only things from expansions long ago like jeeves and Moll-e, i might not be an engineer anymore but i still want blizz to fix it and give the people that have this profession something actually worth their time, reeves is a giant disappointment atm and the proffesion doesnt have much more going for it atm maby if they could make an infinite use battery (expensive to make ofc) but that would make us atleast use him instead of just using or already GOOD tools
    I TOTALLY agree about the possibility of an infinite use Reeves, but I love my glider cape way too much to drop it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. you mean reeves giving feasts, ressurecting your raid after a wipe, and the piloted combat mode that makes you a mech arnt good for pve? ok sure? and the bombs are pretty good, 600k-900k damage and super cheap
    Feasts which are 225 versa (neither ideal stat for most and worse than can be made by cooking, 375)
    Brazier still works and everyone can use
    Havent tried piloted combat mode, may have to though sounds mad.
    Same with the bombs, will have to try

2. no pvp use? and what profession does? enginnering atleast with casual pvp has the belt and the glider...
    Can't use either in pvp anymore, except for world pvp

3. no toys?, reeves, sonic enviroment enchancer, trigger, intra wormhole generator, and the blingatron circut.... wtf...
    Blingtron circuit is cool, rest are meh.

we still have moll-e we still have jeeves, and we still have the tinkers, 3 of the most Qol things in the game
    Abso-fricken-lutely we do. Reason I will stick it out.

Deleted
    BiS for leveling and world quests... WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY YES WHY?

Apparently the Blingtron drops pretty much nothing but greys and the occasional crafting mat now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    for the first time in 12 years, ive considered removing engineering. I should have done it in WoD, Engineering is useless now. This is why.

No pve use( people have mounts, bombs not effective ), no pvp use ( as it was the main thing about it), no Toys ( vendors and quests makes better ) and there is no money to make from it, by haveing this in legion you will more likley loose money on it.

This is kinda sad for a proffesion that was once a bis. What should i pick up instead ?
    you are crazy, engineering is the most useful of the professions in the broken isles since right now its all about WQ's not some bgs or non-existent raids, but depends also on how mobile your class is.

on a dk for example a slow class, it most useful as it helps greatly with mobility, along with speed potions of alchemy that can be simply bought.

i consider to teleport around neat in a world without flying, speed increases, too, that glider should still work, and the bombs are simply awesome in wpvp. Have you ever tried them there? Its crazy burst dmg every 1min, i saw one crit for about 600k out of nowhere when an arms warrior used it along with his other bursty abilites, but the bombs did the highest dmg, its just not as spamy with that cd, but in the big picture it will make any one shot burst macro awesomesauce.

Its not a money maker though.

for money i would simply choose herbing and skinning, but what will they provide in gameplay in comparission to engineering?

lets talk about professions that are truly bad.

Enchanting and blacksmithing, i would never take them in legion, with the exception of the cloth class tailoring/enchanting combination, other than that its not recommended at all. And blacksmithing is simply garbage now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    They don't work in battlegrounds though. You have to use the kit rather than the tinker in order to use it.

On topic: overall I like legion a lot but it does seem that professions have gone downhill since WoD. I don't see anything in engineering that makes me want to even level it up, only the bombs are useful and good value.
    the bombs is simply one thing more than any other profession has......why complain about it? crazy....

again: try enchanting/tailoring/blacksmithing......and you see a really useless profession in legion they got nothing special at all and their stuff sells cheap in the AH.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-09-14 at 05:26 AM.

Deleted
    The old saronite bombs are useful in battlegrounds!
    They have a big dmg radius. I use them against stealth players

On my DH it felt useless
    But in may warlock is still great

every profession is 'useless' now; engineering is actually one of the better ones because you still get stuff like free gliders, new dalaran AH, wormhole generators etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    every profession is 'useless' now; engineering is actually one of the better ones because you still get stuff like free gliders, new dalaran AH, wormhole generators etc.
    Basically this, and with 7.1 they noticed that they had not destroyed the gathering professions so now the blood of sargeras vendor is here to crash the market for all mats as so few people have anything they care to spend them on. On top of more and more people getting the required reputations for the shoulders that drop mats from mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Basically this, and with 7.1 they noticed that they had not destroyed the gathering professions so now the blood of sargeras vendor is here to crash the market for all mats as so few people have anything they care to spend them on. On top of more and more people getting the required reputations for the shoulders that drop mats from mobs.
    im hoping 1 blood for 20 of any mat is a placeholder if that stays then yes the fastest "gathering" is just speed running heroics and gathering professions are dead, i have no idea why blizzard would do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Na, I'm not giving up my Engineering. The QoL toys alone are worth the investment.

I do wish the goggles were better though. That's kind of a sad thing. Wouldn't mind goggles being unbound from Engineering either. Got a couple non-Engineer transmogs that would look great with certain goggles.