Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Scepter of Sargeras very low resolution

Well, I've talked about it elsewhere but I think it demands its own thread.

The Scepter of Sargeras has the resolution of a Vanilla model:

(The pic is a link to full-size version).

I can't believe how pixelated it is. My mog is from two expansions ago and it looks 10 years newer than the Artifact from Legion.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

my eyes....i guess the rendering process wasn't complete.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Does look odd - but if you truly belief it needs a thread, why not make one on the forum where he actualy designers can be informed who actually have a chance to fix it? Maybe it is even a bug that can be submitted in game?
    Might be EU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Insurgency in his sig is on Bladefist US. But what does the region have to do with it?
    maybe EU sounds like EA.. u know, unfinished things
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Does look odd - but if you truly belief it needs a thread, why not make one on the forum where he actualy designers can be informed who actually have a chance to fix it? Maybe it is even a bug that can be submitted in game?
    I did, days ago

Also posting here (and Twitter) for increased chance of more people seeing it. It's gonna take more than one person caring about this for them to do anything.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2016-09-10 at 10:44 AM.

Insurgency in his sig is on Bladefist US. But what does the region have to do with it?
    Devs don't read EU forums, so if you're from EU you've got a better chance of being heard here.

Wonder if that's the hidden trait.

If you haven't noticed this too; the upgraded version, "Hubris of the Dark Titan" is about 20% smaller than the base version (though I actually prefer it this size).

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If you haven't noticed this too; the upgraded version, "Hubris of the Dark Titan" is about 20% smaller than the base version (though I actually prefer it this size).
    I did notice. And it seems ... well, I was about to say slightly higher resolution but I think it's just a reflection of it not being scaled up as much.

Something is seriously wrong here. There was clearly some kind of scaling/rendering problem with that model. Like they rendered it at half the size and then just blew it up instead of rendering it at proper size. I'm pretty sure they did this for both these models - why else would the smaller staff seem higher resolution, when they should just both be the same resolution ?

Also, I've just noticed the dangling tassels on the Hubris skin are static and don't animate like the ones on the base skin. Same with the chains on the Gul'dan skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    There does seem to be some pixalation but I had to focus hard on the Scepter to even notice
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Also, I've just noticed the dangling tassels on the Hubris skin are static and don't animate like the ones on the base skin. Same with the chains on the Gul'dan skin.
    I think that's a thing because the models can have so many things animated. So the baseline scepter has the tassels animated, while the Hubris has the wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took some screenshots of it comparing it with Ulthalesh; its lower resolution alright. It's lower res than my T8; if they did 'blow it up' it's by more than 20%. Maybe they intended it to be an actual sceptre, then realised we couldn't equip maces

7+ Year Old Account
    This is definitely the biggest problem right now.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    This is definitely the biggest problem right now.
    There is definitely only room to address one issue at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    There is definitely only room to address one issue at a time.
    Yep, and those artists are going to be busy as hell fixing class design and balance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I did, days ago

Also posting here (and Twitter) for increased chance of more people seeing it. It's gonna take more than one person caring about this for them to do anything.
    Summit a ticket, they even responde more faster that a post in the forum(which no one even bother to visit because 70% of the threads are about wow dying or buff x class and nerf x one)

10+ Year Old Account

most new model things are like this. just look at illidan's new model.

they look good from a distance, but when you get close, they start to look smudgey and nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    most new model things are like this. just look at illidan's new model.

they look good from a distance, but when you get close, they start to look smudgey and nasty.

Post examples. This is the only thing I've seen.