Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every artifact is progressed character wise. This includes the fishing artifact.

Deleted
    Wonder why artifact knowledge is not working for the fishing rod. It shows it but dosent increase it. For me that is

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because your Order Hall researcher researches your class' powerful weapons, not a pathetic mere fishing rod, duh? (The underlight angler is a formidable fishing rod, don't misunderstand me, but i guess your order hall subordinates will never see it as such)

I really wish I had seen this thread before I spent all that time gathering ap and upgrading the black barracuda perk getting like 1 barracuda and 6+ silver mackerel is annoying as heck rather than the full pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Because your Order Hall researcher researches your class' powerful weapons, not a pathetic mere fishing rod, duh? (The underlight angler is a formidable fishing rod, don't misunderstand me, but i guess your order hall subordinates will never see it as such)
    Sounds like I'll have to go beat up Archimonde again, but with a fishing pole this time instead.

Also, I haven't gotten any blood yet from fishing either, but I toned down the fishing since getting the pole honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the moosehorn hook supposed to be really hard to find?
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every artifact is progressed character wise. This includes the fishing artifact.
    I meant progress towards getting the rod in the first place, not getting AP for the traits (I know that's individual.) My question is, since I already have the rare fish achievement from the getting the artifact on my hunter, will my warlock/shaman/etc have to catch all 18 rare fish again, or will they be able to just fish up a pearl and do the scenario as soon as they hit 110 and 800 skill?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they will have to catch them all again. Bigger Fish To Fry isn't account wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it.
    This is the first time I've gotten my fishing max for any expansion though my only problem with it is the water walking sometimes falls off when I'm trying to fish up a pool.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Yeah but I'm currently at rank 13 on my fishing artifact. It will take me 120 some of the fish to get to the next rank. I still have 12 perks to go, that will take a VERY long time. And the artifact knowledge counter is still there on the fishing artifact so maybe an oversight or a bug.

Best way to level up the artifact is either with Ghostly Queenfish or Ancient Vyrkul ring.

You can actually fish up more Ancient Vyrkul rings from Oodlefjisk pools so you can fish for artifact power ad infinitum. i am currently at level 16 on my artifact doing this, increasing the bait to 10 minutes.

I get quite alot of blood when fishing, thats without the artifact even. 3-4 on every 70-80 throw I would guess. Could just be very luck though.

10+ Year Old Account
    My big issue with the individual traits for the specific fish is that you can actually end up with FEWER of the fish. Several times I have fished uip the whole pool on the first cast and the barrel contained nothing but Silver Mackerel. Does anyone know if this is intended or is it bugged right now?

Seems really dumb to have all that effort for LESS reward.

Edit: Actually reading some of this thread, it has only happened in barracuda schools, so I guess that is the bug you are referring to ?
    Last edited by Allatar; 2016-09-19 at 10:58 AM.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

I wish they'd at least make the Underlight Angler profit from Artifact knowledge.
    Needing to farm 137 rare fish just to get from 13 to 14 is already extreme and I don't even want think about how much worse it'll get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Is the moosehorn hook supposed to be really hard to find?
    RNG is RNG. It took me so long to get my first Ancient Vrykul Ring I could have built an entire dragon out of those scales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I wish they'd at least make the Underlight Angler profit from Artifact knowledge.
    Needing to farm 137 rare fish just to get from 13 to 14 is already extreme and I don't even want think about how much worse it'll get.

- - - Updated - - -

RNG is RNG. It took me so long to get my first Ancient Vrykul Ring I could have built an entire dragon out of those scales.
    I pretty sure at this point it was intentionally made to not work with AK simply because of how strong the effects are and I hope it stays that way. Already in certain zones its almost impossible to find pools if there are more than 2-3 fishers going around (Azsuna, Stormheim, Highmountain at least). If everyone could just get the rod AND max it out quickly, it would just lead to a massive influx of fish. I'm personally sitting on almost 3k runescales atm that I can't even really use realistically. I do believe making it any easier to max out would lead to making fish almost completely worthless (and they are already pretty close to that now).

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    I pretty sure at this point it was intentionally made to not work with AK simply because of how strong the effects are and I hope it stays that way. Already in certain zones its almost impossible to find pools if there are more than 2-3 fishers going around (Azsuna, Stormheim, Highmountain at least). If everyone could just get the rod AND max it out quickly, it would just lead to a massive influx of fish. I'm personally sitting on almost 3k runescales atm that I can't even really use realistically. I do believe making it any easier to max out would lead to making fish almost completely worthless (and they are already pretty close to that now).
    Wouldn't it be the opposite? If they were easier to get, people would spend less time fishing in order to get what they want. Thus leading to more fish being caught.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Wouldn't it be the opposite? If they were easier to get, people would spend less time fishing in order to get what they want. Thus leading to more fish being caught.
    That would really depend on two major things. First, your reason for getting the rod (provide your own fish vs getting it purely for completionist sake) and how you choose to level the rod.
    First one would be rather obvious. If you are doing it purely for completionist, well yeah, you would stop after getting what you want. However, very few people I know with the rod fit into that category, especially given that the rod itself doesn't have any kind of achievements or further reward linked to levelling it.
    Then of course there's how people choose to level it. Again, most people I know are levelling their rods on Ghostlies/Oodels which provide no actual usable fish to speak of, and yet the price of fish is still ... low, which leads me to believe a lot of people are out there fishing simply to either earn gold or make their own food. Either way, most zones are already pretty void of pools save for Suramar and the auction house is stocked full of fish that people aren't buying.

Well, if people are fishing to make gold (because people fishing to make food wouldn't put their fish on the AH), then they'll soon realize there's no market because it's flooded, and it should go down.

Though honestly I still think a lot of fish on the AH is from farming all the rare fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm making gold on the AH but only for a couple of types of fish. Highmountain Salmon, for example, sell for ~35g each on my realm because there are like 2 salmon pools in the whole damn zone at any one time, and traveling to find them is so tough in Highmountain. Seems to be by far the hardest cooking fish to accumulate in quantity.

I do sell the baits for the fish I don't want to bother with. I am making a good amount of money doing that, because most people seem to want the artifact but have 0 patience fishing up the baits for Bigger Fish.

My biggest issue with fishing right now isn't the artifact - it's the fact that I haven't seen a fishing world quest in 5 days. And before that it was spotty, one every 2 or 3 days. IDK what is wrong with it but I will never finish Fishing 'Round the Isles at this rate, as I have only managed to find 8 of the world quests.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Getting AP for the rod isn't that difficult. You can fish up the ghostly queensfish or whatever they're called for 5 minutes straight with 1 lure.

The rod also looks amazing. I'm a huge fan of weapons and armor having their own physics now as well.
    mhm... and do you how long it will take to fully max a weapon that way? 20-24 hours of constant fishing to max the weapon... meanwhile you gain NOTHING you are just leveling it, no gold, no fish, just exp for the rod
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content