PvE Mitigation after pruning

I don't want this to sound like complaining but if it seems so...so be it. I feel as though taking away Greater Invisibility from baseline was not exactly the smartest nor warranted move made. All we have as fire right now is Ice Barrier and Ice Block for mitigation. Sure the Cauterizing Blink helps out for our regeneration but realistically in what competitive raiding environment are we able to use blink, a 15 yard teleport spell to most likely displace you from your raid healing telegraphs, to receive a 15% heal over 6 seconds? Ice Barrier gets broken from practically anything in Mythic dungeons and Ice Block is a fantastic mitigation to use...once every 5 minutes at a dps loss. Note I don't have a problem with Survivability>Dps priorities and I prefer it that way. But that's why I felt the Greater Invis shift to Arcane-Only was a little harsh.

Going back to my Mythic dungeon comment I find that my healer is having to heal me more than other classes at the moment due to our lack of real mitigation. I understand that some might think I'm standing in AoE but frankly I, as stated before, idolize the survivability>dps notion. I'm not concerned about how we are performing in the 5 mans right now but I'm certainly concerned about trying to help out our healers by popping necessary cooldowns during Emerald Nightmare.

I feel as though our active mitigation is really sub par as fire right now. I was frankly wondering if everyone else was feeling the same and if it needed to be brought up to the powers at be.

Thanks for all input and consideration.
    Last edited by Quiakides; 2016-09-11 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Felt like it needed editing...I guess...

I think the real nerf is that Ice Block no longer resets.

It has been that way since PTR back in June, but Ice Block (with or without Cold Snap) no longer resets on boss combat end. Of course, I've never had beta so that applies only to bosses of previous tiers, but I don't see why it should be any different.

Although I honestly don't think there is much space for a DPS to mitigate damage in raids (or dungeons) anyway. We're not supposed to tank huge damages, and we're not supposed to heal ourselves. Other than using Ice Block to deal with otherwise lethal situations, I'd say just leave healing to healers. Maybe other classes have it really differently and have it better, but I don't see any problem with how mages have it.

Having to heal myself with blink was annoying enough when doing things by myself. I really wouldn't want to be responsible for my own mitigation/damage intake when I'm in danger of getting kicked, benched, or otherwise yelled at for having low DPS.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.