Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WW crafted gearing stats?

As a WW, would it be better to craft and upgrade items with just mastery or a combination of mastery / versa to balance out all the crit currently found on gear?

Deleted
    Critical is only slightly below vers so I wouldn't stress to much about it. Though I had full gear of Mastery/Vers/critical and found that even though haste is our weakest stat having 2% haste is horrible. So I swapped things around and found an energy regeneration sweet spot of between 8-10%. I would make sure to factor that in.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldyplod View Post
    Critical is only slightly below vers so I wouldn't stress to much about it. Though I had full gear of Mastery/Vers/critical and found that even though haste is our weakest stat having 2% haste is horrible. So I swapped things around and found an energy regeneration sweet spot of between 8-10%. I would make sure to factor that in.
    Except you don't need that haste at all for an optimal rotation. Whether crit or vers is better comes down to which you have more of. Try to keep them relatively even

Quote Originally Posted by Slappadappa View Post
    Except you don't need that haste at all for an optimal rotation. Whether crit or vers is better comes down to which you have more of. Try to keep them relatively even
    This is my conundrum. I know I'm suppose to keep crit and versa close to even but crafted gear allows for items that only have mastery.
    So would it be better to prioritize the blance or go pure mastery when crafting and upgrading gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    This is my conundrum. I know I'm suppose to keep crit and versa close to even but crafted gear allows for items that only have mastery.
    So would it be better to prioritize the blance or go pure mastery when crafting and upgrading gear?
    mastery is a flat damage increase and by far our best secondary

Deleted
    I found that with very litte haste my downtime was killing any sort of enjoyment out of gameplay. You say it's not needed but in my opinion it was rather needed.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Mastery loses value if it gets too far away from the ratings of Crit/Vers. You don't want pure Mastery items unless you also have items without mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappadappa View Post
    mastery is a flat damage increase and by far our best secondary
    Its not a flat damage increase, somethings don't benefit from mastery, so 1% mastery doesn't equal 1% more damage like Versatility does. Mastery becomes less useful as you get more of it compared to the other stats.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Mastery loses value if it gets too far away from the ratings of Crit/Vers. You don't want pure Mastery items unless you also have items without mastery.

Its not a flat damage increase, somethings don't benefit from mastery, so 1% mastery doesn't equal 1% more damage like Versatility does. Mastery becomes less useful as you get more of it compared to the other stats.
    I'm currently 847 ilvl (shit luck on relics), with 8372 mastery, 5144 crit, 2789 vers, 2609 haste. SimC puts out these stat weights for my gear specifically:

"Staggered": Agility=10.48, CritRating=5.64, HasteRating=4.60, MasteryRating=6.01, Versatility=6.08

Agi > Vers ~= Mastery > Crit > Haste

I have so much mastery already, but SimC is still rating it very high. So at what point does mastery really fall off?

Ive been going with full mastery stat gear and im rocking the meters, to solve the energy regen annoyance I'm going with the faster regen talent. Works fine for me imo

Deleted
    Do u know if theres a crafted JC ring with mastery only? Cant seem to find any on the AH

You don't want gear with only 1 stat on it - the stat allocation is lower than an item with 2 stats in total. You still want other stats as they add in more dps than simply gear with mastery alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Ive been going with full mastery stat gear and im rocking the meters, to solve the energy regen annoyance I'm going with the faster regen talent. Works fine for me imo
    You may be rocking the meters in your opinion, but that doesn't mean you couldn't be doing more. Specially if you are, as I assume "faster regen talent" means, going with ascension.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may be rocking the meters in your opinion, but that doesn't mean you couldn't be doing more. Specially if you are, as I assume "faster regen talent" means, going with ascension.
    What exactly is wrong with Ascension? I've looked around for a answer as to why it is not good but I only ever get a "Because it is bad" kind of reasoning.

Deleted
    Agree with colonel snackycakes. I find ascension the go to low gear talent unless you need insane burst from left column or take serenity. I can't play monk with gaps in rotation and find if I use lightning as a filler I can keep 8 stacks of buff up and keep a solid rotation. I tend to only run with friends in fast mythic groups might change with raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    What exactly is wrong with Ascension? I've looked around for a answer as to why it is not good but I only ever get a "Because it is bad" kind of reasoning.
    My guess would be because Ascension emphasizes TP (which hits like a wet noodle) for energy usuage and chi building more so than the other talents. The others allow you to use your harder hitting abilities more on demand. It would also take a few GCD's to ramp up at the start of a fight using Ascension vs EE.

Rarely do i find myself in need of more energy/chi and by the time i do, EE is usually off CD.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2016-09-13 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Ascension generate noticeably less Chi per minute than the alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Agree with colonel snackycakes. I find ascension the go to low gear talent unless you need insane burst from left column or take serenity. I can't play monk with gaps in rotation and find if I use lightning as a filler I can keep 8 stacks of buff up and keep a solid rotation. I tend to only run with friends in fast mythic groups might change with raiding.
    Ascension is less useful with lower gear because it has less energy regen from haste to modify. If you can't play monk with gaps in the rotation then you may not want to play WW. Downtime or "gaps" is an incredibly important part of the rotation since you simply don't have enough resources to use the important abilities AND fill every GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    I'm currently 847 ilvl (shit luck on relics), with 8372 mastery, 5144 crit, 2789 vers, 2609 haste. SimC puts out these stat weights for my gear specifically:

"Staggered": Agility=10.48, CritRating=5.64, HasteRating=4.60, MasteryRating=6.01, Versatility=6.08

Agi > Vers ~= Mastery > Crit > Haste

I have so much mastery already, but SimC is still rating it very high. So at what point does mastery really fall off?
    I'm not sure when mastery starts to really fall off, but I'm at 10,133 mastery and my stat weights are: Versatility=6.15, Mastery=6.02, Crit=5.86, Haste=4.33

My Versatility is still about 1k lower than my crit and my understanding is the goal is to keep them close to even which would explain vers having a higher value. If they were even, maybe Mastery would take over again but I can't say for sure. I also have 0 haste and haste is still incredibly low which doesn't surprise me at all, the spec feels good as a much slower and harder hitting build making each cooldown count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carthh View Post
    I'm not sure when mastery starts to really fall off, but I'm at 10,133 mastery and my stat weights are: Versatility=6.15, Mastery=6.02, Crit=5.86, Haste=4.33

My Versatility is still about 1k lower than my crit and my understanding is the goal is to keep them close to even which would explain vers having a higher value. If they were even, maybe Mastery would take over again but I can't say for sure. I also have 0 haste and haste is still incredibly low which doesn't surprise me at all, the spec feels good as a much slower and harder hitting build making each cooldown count.
    Mastery starts to fall behind Vers if you have 4525 more Mastery.

Deleted
    Ascension generate noticeably less Chi per minute than the alternatives.

Ascension is less useful with lower gear because it has less energy regen from haste to modify. If you can't play monk with gaps in the rotation then you may not want to play WW. Downtime or "gaps" is an incredibly important part of the rotation since you simply don't have enough resources to use the important abilities AND fill every GCD.
    I do just fine with Ascension, playing without many gaps at all. I'm sure I could perform better but right now I'd rather enjoy playing how I enjoy playing, than get epeen waving tiny bit of better performance out of clunky play. Once I get better gear and energy regen feels in a better place I'll drop Ascension and go back to PS perhaps Elixir if the fights have a reason for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    I do just fine with Ascension, playing without many gaps at all. I'm sure I could perform better but right now I'd rather enjoy playing how I enjoy playing, than get epeen waving tiny bit of better performance out of clunky play. Once I get better gear and energy regen feels in a better place I'll drop Ascension and go back to PS perhaps Elixir if the fights have a reason for it.
    Right, and thats totally fine. I play with PS for now since I'm not a fan of how EE feels in dungeons. Just as long as you're aware somethings are less than "optimal", you can choose whatever you want for whatever reason you want.