[Transmog] Idiot Needs Help Weapon Enchants

Hi all,

Searched around on here and on the net and I thought I was quite a bright person until now because for the life of me I just cannot figure this out. Simple question is... how can I transmog my baby alts swords to have the Mongoose look? Things I currently know:

- If I go to transmog them now I can do Agility, Lifestealing, Titanguard etc. so I'm presuming this is because in the past I've owned weapons with these enchants on and I've never owned a weapon with Mongoose so that won't show.
    - I spent 500g on a Mongoose enchant and added it to some crappy sword but don't have the enchant transmog available so guess this isn't the way to do it.
    - My next thing to do is farm Moroes once per week on all my characters in hope he drops the Illusion: Mongoose item.

Is it a case of simply farming that, learning that, and then being allowed to add this enchant look on any weapon and on any character? Or do I need to be an enchanter or have a garrison with enchanting etc.

I've kept up with the bare minimum prior to Legion launching so I really haven't got a clue what to do.

Appreciate and thankful for any help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid you wasted 500g. You really just need to farm Moroes and you'll unlock it for all your characters. You won't need to go to the Garrison either or visit an enchanter for that matter, you do it from transmog vendors now. On the transmog window, next to your weapons there will be a smaller icon for your enchantment illusions.

Not really an idiot question though, the system changed quite a bit recently and they could've done a better job at explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm afraid you wasted 500g. You really just need to farm Moroes and you'll unlock it for all your characters. You won't need to go to the Garrison either or visit an enchanter for that matter, you do it from transmog vendors now. On the transmog window, next to your weapons there will be a smaller icon for your enchantment illusions.

Not really an idiot question though, the system changed quite a bit recently and they could've done a better job at explaining it.
    Thanks! So basically the Illusion drop (not the recipe) from Moroes is just like an unlockable that I right-click and learn and then it's available forever in the transmog window for any weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Indeed you need now farm bosses or reputations for that specific item that says [Illusion Enchant - something] "adds this illusion enchant to your wardobe" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Thanks! So basically the Illusion drop (not the recipe) from Moroes is just like an unlockable that I right-click and learn and then it's available forever in the transmog window for any weapon?
    exactly

Thanks all got it on my 4th Moroes kill!

Can I now extend this to just a general item one...

Say I want to transmog my pants to [Warbears Wollies] on my level 10 Monk. I've just created this item on my LW high level Druid and equipped the item on that character (done this with a BoE chest and belt too) should I then be able to transmog my Monks heirlooms to these items? Because when I go to they're still classed as uncollected items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Thanks all got it on my 4th Moroes kill!

Can I now extend this to just a general item one...

Say I want to transmog my pants to [Warbears Wollies] on my level 10 Monk. I've just created this item on my LW high level Druid and equipped the item on that character (done this with a BoE chest and belt too) should I then be able to transmog my Monks heirlooms to these items? Because when I go to they're still classed as uncollected items.
    No. Transmog gear has level requirements. Warbear woolies are too high for a level 10. Unless things have changed you can't send transmog'd BoAs through the mail for your alt to wear, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.