Thread: Combat Ally

Combat Ally

Hi,

As a WW what are you using @110?

I've been using the Monkey (WW) .. The rare AE 12sec stun is ok when its lands and the DPS is ok .. But I have no way of testing it against the Tank Panda ..

Some one said they use the tank to solo world quests, might be an ilvl issue but as a 7xx fresh 110 I can't do it ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Chen. He tanks surprisingly well, even against elite WQ mobs, making liberal use of Provoke and Spear Hand Strike.

Li-li is too random, doesn't always cast her heal, and loves to spawn in strange places which causes her to aggro extra mobs.

Taran Zu is also too random and will frequently "waste" a proc on mobs I'm riding by on my mount.

Monkey King doesn't seem to do any more damage than Chen (though I admittedly haven't tested thoroughly) and his incessant rhyming makes me want to puncture my eardrums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    Monkey King doesn't seem to do any more damage than Chen (though I admittedly haven't tested thoroughly) and his incessant rhyming makes me want to puncture my eardrums.
    His stone gaze CC thing works on a surprisingly large range of elites and I find he has better AoE for helping to burn down large trash pulls. I use him or Chen but have recently been sending Chen out with Li Li on missions so the Monkey King it is. I don't play the game with sound on so that probably helps, haha.

I use Chen. He tanks surprisingly well, even against elite WQ mobs, making liberal use of Provoke and Spear Hand Strike.

Li-li is too random, doesn't always cast her heal, and loves to spawn in strange places which causes her to aggro extra mobs.

Taran Zu is also too random and will frequently "waste" a proc on mobs I'm riding by on my mount.

Really? Either you do no dmg at all, or my chen does not use taunt or whatever. Because I always have aggro no matter what i do. Chen just can not keep it, and i for sure do not want to slow down my dmg just so he can tank. That wouldn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Even when I'm fighting a WQ elite with a bunch of other people around, he has threat a surprising amount because he seems to keep Provoke on CD. He doesn't necessarily keep threat, mind, but him getting hit some of the time is better than me getting hit all the time.

Yes. Even when I'm fighting a WQ elite with a bunch of other people around, he has threat a surprising amount because he seems to keep Provoke on CD. He doesn't necessarily keep threat, mind, but him getting hit some of the time is better than me getting hit all the time.
    In terms of damage mitigation I found the monkeys stun more useful in that regard. If memory serves they take 20%+ more damage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    In terms of damage mitigation I found the monkeys stun more useful in that regard. If memory serves they take 20%+ more damage too.
    The damage bonus is on Taran Zhu only I think.

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    The damage bonus is on Taran Zhu only I think.
    Monkey King's tooltip also mentions the 20% increased damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Schize View Post
    Monkey King's tooltip also mentions the 20% increased damage.
    Yeah I spotted that too today, he outclasses all the others.

You can also drag mobs into Monkey King's animation and they will receive a full duration stun. So unlike Taran his isn't necessarily wasted if the mobs die right as it starts since he doesn't immediately do it in his rotation, which helps to prevent him from randomly doing it on aggroed mobs as well.

Deleted
    Also the stone gaze is broken in outdoor pvp as it lasts for the full duration, doesnt seems to trigger stun DR as if someone tries to trinket he will be stunned instantly again for full duration, and they are taking 20% more damage.

The monkey is basically like the bird priest people where abusing in WoD but stronger, it'll probably get nerfed soon as i see more and more people abusing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fankine View Post
    Also the stone gaze is broken in outdoor pvp as it lasts for the full duration, doesnt seems to trigger stun DR as if someone tries to trinket he will be stunned instantly again for full duration, and they are taking 20% more damage.

The monkey is basically like the bird priest people where abusing in WoD but stronger, it'll probably get nerfed soon as i see more and more people abusing it.
    how long is the monkey stun ?

Currently running with Monkey King. He's alright. Been running with Taran and Li-Li, but as aforementioned, they are really, really random.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post
    how long is the monkey stun ?

12 seconds if my memory serves me right.

Deleted
    12seconds yep, this is just broken in outdoor pvp. Especially when it's aoe and channelled xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, you guys are starting to turn me back around on Monkey King. I didn't know his stun also caused the same debuff as Taran's and that it (currently) lasts full duration in PvP. That's kind of a game changer. I can just drown out his insufferable rhymes with some metal.

Hmm, you guys are starting to turn me back around on Monkey King. I didn't know his stun also caused the same debuff as Taran's and that it (currently) lasts full duration in PvP. That's kind of a game changer. I can just drown out his insufferable rhymes with some metal.
    Yea this is ridiculous tbh -- 12 second +20% dmg stun followed by leg sweep, paralysis and a quaking palm means you can lock them up really hard.