Deleted

What Fire Mage would look like with Destruction Design

Talents not included:

Fireball: Filler, procs ignite, does not gain a ramping crit buff when not critting, does not proc heating up / hot streak.

Pyroblast: 3 second cast, requires hot streak to cast it.

Flamestrike: 2 second cast, requires hot streak to cast it, deals damage with a dot on the ground for 8 seconds, slow removed.

Combustion: Replaced with Mirror Image.

Scorch: Removed.

Fireblast: Causes global cooldown, cannot be cast while casting.

Dragons Breath: Removed.

Counterspell: X% damage penalty until leaving combat.

Ignite: 15% chance to proc heating up / hot streak on tick, 35% chance when crit tick.

Phoenix's Flames: Splash damage removed, does not proc heating up / hot streak.

--------

I know this is a pretty big oversimplification. Still, am I nuts, or is that honestly a bit close to reality?
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-09-11 at 11:28 PM.

I guess. The big difference being that the supposed "idea" of warlock is no mobility but super tanky to not move (apparently not even for one shot mechanics!) and mage has no survivability but all the mobility.

I feel like warlocks just need to be scrapped and redone completely because none of it works out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I guess. The big difference being that the supposed "idea" of warlock is no mobility but super tanky to not move (apparently not even for one shot mechanics!) and mage has no survivability but all the mobility.

I feel like warlocks just need to be scrapped and redone completely because none of it works out.
    Yeah, I'm kinda not looking forward to the time when it dawns on the developers that a combination of 15%/20% more max HP and 40% damage reduction won't save anyone from mythic+ / mythic raid damage. Then again, they said they wanted to double down on strengths, so maybe warlocks will eventually become as tanky as tanks, without the threat to actually tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda not looking forward to the time when it dawns on the developers that a combination of 15%/20% more max HP and 40% damage reduction won't save anyone from mythic+ / mythic raid damage. Then again, they said they wanted to double down on strengths, so maybe warlocks will eventually become as tanky as tanks, without the threat to actually tank.
    I would like it if they would give Warlocks a 4th tank spec. They nearly did it in MoP. And because of how the new items work, they don't need to implement new items for warlock tanks.
    I don't understand why they changed destro so much. It worked pretty well in MoP but they have taken many things from us and we didn't get anything in return. For example why do we not get a spell from our demons anymore when we sacrifice them?

Cataclysm locks were perfectly fine until they fired the guy who did the rework and everything went to shit from there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by merli View Post
    I would like it if they would give Warlocks a 4th tank spec. They nearly did it in MoP. And because of how the new items work, they don't need to implement new items for warlock tanks.
    I don't understand why they changed destro so much. It worked pretty well in MoP but they have taken many things from us and we didn't get anything in return. For example why do we not get a spell from our demons anymore when we sacrifice them?
    I have no idea why GoSac no longer gives us an interrupt. Believe me, lack of an interrupt has been repeated a billion times, and still nothing. A lot of feedback has been given a million times by now, and still nothing. It is honestly disheartening for me to see a bunch of cool stuff removed for warlocks, just to be given to others, as well as annoying stuff others had to deal with now given to warlocks (Maintenance buffs mostly). And we STILL have life tap, for god knows what reason.

Quote Originally Posted by merli View Post
    They can't do that anymore, metamorphosis was a requirement for the whole tank debate at the time, since that whole theme was cut out of the class and made into DHs any chances of it ever being made are gone.

As for the Destro/ mage design I do agree destro is clunky af and it's got nothing to do with our mobility/tankiness, I'm perfectly fine with not being mobile but gaining tankiness, though I find that the design behind destruction is flawed, affliction is tailored for dots, demo for pets, destro for front line direct damage and 2 target cleave.

So why would the spec rely so hard on immolate I don't really know,RNG aside, it should be incinerate that has a chance per cast to generate a shard not immolate and the spec being turret based with no mobility should have stronger direct damaging abilities per cast, especially chaos bolt, I feel they should just trade immolate strengths and put that into a chaos bolt damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    I have no idea why GoSac no longer gives us an interrupt.
    This is by far my biggest problem with warlock atm, considering the amount of dungeons we're running. Doesn't make sense whatsoever.