Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question 843 Frost DK low dmg

Hi all,

I have playing frost dk since of the beginning of WoD so I know at least basics (done with all heroics in HFC)
    I've noticed that something's not right with dmg output and after some research I've realized that my artifact points were spent just wrong. I wanted to go to grab Sindragosa ( which I didn't ) and went all other way on right side. To grab Sindragosa now i need 24k ap which looks scary

That is not a mandatory problem, problem is that after grabbing RW i didn't go straight into the middle to gain more dmg boost - I went all right for defensive.. i know i made a huge mistake.

Playing UH at this moment (not too late, i am on 6k ap for next unlock) is not what I am looking for as said, I enjoy*ed* to play frost only. It will be a hard transition and I am not so happy to change spec. Considering to ding whole lot a different class instead (ww monk dh or even bm hunter as nobrainer

What do you suggest? I have another lvl 100 dk on horde with 725ilvl where I could manage to link AP correctly and start to feel a bit stronger.
    I've seen frost spec can be viable with ~220k dps on mythics. Currently I am in between 140-205k depends on dungeon. For aoe cleave numbers are bit bigger but I feel sad bro and weak when I have fire mage/dh in group...

There is no way to re-roll AP's on current weapon and moment when/where I will pickup all dmg traits will be somewhere on winter with this pace
    One mistake made with choosing "wrong traits" can make you feel real bad and "start to hate game and spec blah blah "..

You will get there eventually, I wouldn't reroll over something like that lol.

It's well known unholy is superior to frost in DPS, frost is just lacking in PVE for dps. They may give it a buff, or nerf other specs/classes to bring them more in line. Pretty sure there will be a balance patch tonight, or next week before the raid opens, they've said they were going to do one before the raid comes out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perikle View Post
    Hi all,

I have playing frost dk since of the beginning of WoD so I know at least basics (done with all heroics in HFC)
    I've noticed that something's not right with dmg output and after some research I've realized that my artifact points were spent just wrong. I wanted to go to grab Sindragosa ( which I didn't ) and went all other way on right side. To grab Sindragosa now i need 24k ap which looks scary

That is not a mandatory problem, problem is that after grabbing RW i didn't go straight into the middle to gain more dmg boost - I went all right for defensive.. i know i made a huge mistake.

Playing UH at this moment (not too late, i am on 6k ap for next unlock) is not what I am looking for as said, I enjoy*ed* to play frost only. It will be a hard transition and I am not so happy to change spec. Considering to ding whole lot a different class instead (ww monk dh or even bm hunter as nobrainer

What do you suggest? I have another lvl 100 dk on horde with 725ilvl where I could manage to link AP correctly and start to feel a bit stronger.
    I've seen frost spec can be viable with ~220k dps on mythics. Currently I am in between 140-205k depends on dungeon. For aoe cleave numbers are bit bigger but I feel sad bro and weak when I have fire mage/dh in group...

There is no way to re-roll AP's on current weapon and moment when/where I will pickup all dmg traits will be somewhere on winter with this pace
    One mistake made with choosing "wrong traits" can make you feel real bad and "start to hate game and spec blah blah "..
    Don't worry keep playing the spec YOU LIKE better. Have to fill out the whole weapon eventually. Keep research up to date don't miss a day!
    The 8 yard frost strike is great. I went there first then all the day to sindy so it took a day or two longer but it's fine. As long as you have scythe, you'll murder all things
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

I say keep going with Frost. Keep your Artifact Knowledge research ticking and you'll be fine. Raids are still 8 days away. Worst case just talk to the guy that lets you reallocate your AP. You lose a lot but not enough to start a new toon.

Thx for encouraging me, it means a lot.

I am pretty up to date with research and order halls (i've spent 2 weeks playing legion since I was on vacation) but somehow i feel i will need really huge amount of time to grab Hypothermia and/or rest of the middle just because I went on right side of artifact.

I cannot remember at this moment, but if i need 24k ap's to unlock next trait, do i need to have 24k ap's already to be able to re-roll 1 trait? I am at work atm and cannot check lol, so if that is a way, than re-roll is not going to happen and I will progress very very VERY slow to get there where I've should in the first place

Question

Hi once again.

I've managed to get 24k AP now and now I am in difficult decision.

You may see how wrong did I go and i need your suggestion.
    Should i pick up Sindragosa's fury or respec all and pick up Ambidexterity or Frozen soul even?

imgur/a/Bzl97 ( just add .com after imgur : )

Raid opens on wednesday, i might have a chance to jump in so I would like to see what's best atm.
    Once again, If i choose to re-roll AP's how many AP points would have? Minus 24k or I will start from the beginning? Not sure about that and I cannot see anywhere explanation when you decide to perform re-roll.

Okayyyyyy, tried it. So basically, if your next artifact trait cost 24k AP, then it'd cost 24k AP to reroll.

After that, you get as many AP as you've collected before. In your case 18 620 AP to spend after rerolling. Next trait will cost 24k.
    Could've been worse.

Deleted
    Your title of the post already answers the question "Frost"

There are a few Frost threads already...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I have a wife, dude. Sure it's a sexless marriage but at least I sleep closer to a woman you or OP - or hell, most of this forum - ever will :>

How many times are people going to post those shitty sims that still don't use correct talents? Yes we're still garbage, but those are not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogol View Post
    How many times are people going to post those shitty sims that still don't use correct talents? Yes we're still garbage, but those are not correct.
    The latest 220k+ DPS sims now use better talents (now 2330021 - got changed yesterday), but still sub-par gear for FDKs.
    https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...c69a22596ff603
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-09-17 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    The latest 220k+ DPS sims now use better talents (now 2330021 - got changed yesterday), but still sub-par gear for FDKs.
    https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...c69a22596ff603
    Still no Glacial Advance in there. Why do people think Obliteration is good? It's only decent during BL where you're already getting spammed with KM procs, outside that it gets fucked by GCD. And while I haven't tested it myself, I don't understand the IT without FP.

I currently pull more DPS ST with 2230013 than those sims. With slightly higher ilvl*
    Last edited by Shogol; 2016-09-18 at 05:03 AM.

Still no Glacial Advance in there. Why do people think Obliteration is good? It's only decent during BL where you're already getting spammed with KM procs, outside that it gets fucked by GCD. And while I haven't tested it myself, I don't understand the IT without FP.

I currently pull more DPS ST with 2230013 than those sims, this is also obviously without T19 and lower Ilvl.
    Obliteration sims very well because it is entirely a predictable Cooldown.

part of the reason Unholy notoriously outperforms its sims by the largest margin more than the majority of specs in game.

I currently pull more DPS ST with 2230013 than those sims, this is also obviously without T19 and lower Ilvl.
    Obliteration is not only good in sims, but also good in-game. Currently we only need number tuning to get where devs wants us to be. SlowMo but Pew-Pew. For me the rotation is pretty fun and the gui effects also look cool.

If some of you still want 2H back, you should reroll or play UH, because this won't happen.
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-09-17 at 03:40 PM.

May I know what do you spend your runes for then ? Just curious, I only started playing frost this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    [uninformative no details given regurgitative garbage sim results]
    I wish mods would start infarcting people for posting POOR sim results like they do for posting cool story bro and other meme shit. Frost's profile on SimC that generated that has garbage talents selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Couldn't find any info on this myself and it seems Icy veins may be a little wrong but maybe someone here can help me. For the machine gun Frost spec, on ST like bosses and such, Should I still be spamming frostscythe or should I be using obliterate? The icy veins guide mentions using rime procs during this rotation but it doesn't actually show that we should use obliterate, so I'm just a little confused
    Edit: Or is there a different spec I should go with that still feels fun? The machine gun spec feels really fun for me, and aoe I do great damage, just for ST i feel very weak

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    May I know what do you spend your runes for then ? Just curious, I only started playing frost this week.
    This is what I'm doing with 2230013. Not saying it's 100% correct, but it works for me and I beat those shitty current sims with it.

1. Frost Strike if Icy Talons is about to expire
    2. Howling Blast without Rime if no Frost Fever on target
    3. Howling Blast with Rime
    4. Frost Strike with 80+ Runic Power
    5. Frostscythe with Killing Machine
    6. Glacial Advance
    7. Remorseless Winter
    8. Obliterate with 2+ Runes
    9. Frostscythe when you only have 1 Rune available
    10. Frost Strike if nothing else is available

This is what I'm doing with 2230013. Not saying it's 100% correct, but it works for me and I beat those shitty current sims with it.

1. Frost Strike if Icy Talons is about to expire
    2. Howling Blast without Rime if no Frost Fever on target
    3. Howling Blast with Rime
    4. Frost Strike with 80+ Runic Power
    5. Frostscythe with Killing Machine
    6. Glacial Advance
    7. Remorseless Winter
    8. Obliterate with 2+ Runes
    9. Frostscythe when you only have 1 Rune available
    10. Frost Strike if nothing else is available
    Okay... That's what I've been experiencing so far. Against single target, obliterate and frostscythe do roughly the same amount of damage (if you take into account the rime's proc). Except obliterate takes 2 runes (1 with obliteration) and against 2+ target, frostscythe start to outperform obliterate. This is based from personal experience with reccount in open world and a few dummy hits.

Not even sure if obliteration's talent is worth taking at all. I'd rather take Glacial's advance aswell.
    Btw, when you have only 1 rune available, isn't it worth keeping it until KM procs or until you get 2 runes for obliterate ? It kind of pisses me off because I have the Frozen Pulse's talent...
    Last edited by Raiz; 2016-09-18 at 02:50 PM.