Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by enterthemind View Post
    I think it would be better if it had some interaction with TFT but other than that the biggest problem with this spell is it has no use for the first 40+ seconds of a fight.
    I think the generation of the mist stacks is just awkward. I wished they would have done something different than this, it just feels very... clunky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think the generation of the mist stacks is just awkward. I wished they would have done something different than this, it just feels very... clunky.
    I was under the impression it was one cloud every 10sec

Icy-veins guide says:

Sheilun's Gift (the artifact ability) is a good way to spot-heal targets, and you should use it when you have 5+ clouds. If you have a high amount of Mastery, then you can use it with fewer stacks.
    The wording on it implies that it does indeed benefit from mastery; I can't say I ever really paid close enough attention to look though, will do so later on when I do more mythics.

eta: I should read entirely before posting; further down it says
    Your Mastery: Gust of Mists causes each of your Effuse, Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, Vivify, and Sheilun's Gift heals to also heal the primary target for a certain amount
    So yeah.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2016-09-14 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    It's still clunky. Spell seems to have a search radius so clouds don't 100% disappear after combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    It is. But that doesn't make it less clunky.

The visual effect is nice but misleading (if you move on the clouds stick to the ground and if you use Sheilun's Gift they're coming out of nowhere), the cloud generation feels clunky and the overall mechanic behind the skill is a bit awkward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Icy-veins guide says:

The wording on it implies that it does indeed benefit from mastery; I can't say I ever really paid close enough attention to look though, will do so later on when I do more mythics.

eta: I should read entirely before posting; further down it says

So yeah.
    The ingame tooltip doesn't state that Sheilun's Gift procs our Mastery (at least not in the German version).

Deleted
    It does procc mastery for what its worth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    I am a holy priest with a 820ish ilevel. Yes, holy priests can run OOM.

I will trade you my initial artifact ability though. The initial is a passive: Holy word spells (three spells, 60 second cooldowns reduced by serendipity) have a chance (rather low and unspecified) to spawn an adorable baby Naaru who casts similar spells to you for a while. The Naaru has no spell effects, doesn't give you a buff (so you can't track him via weak auras), and has a low enough spawn chance that you can't ever count on him being there when you want him to be.
    You can see his healing output in Skada. It was around 3-5% last time I checked in a dungeon on my Priest twink (832).

You definitely can not go OOM with a Holy Priest, it is impossible. I did mythics yesterday on my Holypriest with a 799 Mage, 830 Moonkin, 845 Rogue and DH Tank so the boss fights dragged out a little. I never went below 60% mana.

I takes several minutes before ooming even if you spam flash heal on every GCD.

It is not comparable to Monk at all. On MW you can cast yourself OOM in maybe 30 seconds.

I agree that the Holy Priest Artifact is not good and that Chiji is probably better than it by itself already. But the single target Holy Priest miracle is basically an instant cast version of the MW Artifact on 1 min cd that can be reduced. That heal can do 1 million hp easily and while you have your wings you can cast it basically every 5 seconds or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    Person dips to 5% HP, Envelop to stabilize, cast artifact, person is at 100%. You only need 3-5 stacks for a DPS and 8-12 for a tank. Sometimes I'm too lazy to TfT even....and no one dies with this combo.
    If someone dips to 5% I am more likely to cocoon him instantly and heal him up when he is safe rather than gamble on another 2 sec cast, unless I absolutely know there is no potential for him to get additional damage in the next seconds.

I have mixed feelings. The cast is too long to make it a very good "oh shit" button, which severely limits its utility. If I have 2s, I can stabilize someone fine without it. In a raid, I imagine by the time my 2s cast is done, other healers have already topped whoever it is, and it's going to 100% overheal.

If the damage is predictable, great, I can pre-cast. There were several mechanics like this in WoD. And if I'm OOM somehow (this happens sometimes with accidental pulls) it's nice to have for a free heal to keep the tank up. The equivalent of throwing the gun at someone when you're out of bullets

So, not saying it's bad. Just sort of lackluster.

You realise it's the same cast time as Enveloping Mists, yes?

Also if you're actually predicting damage as you should be- rather than reacting to any damage the tank takes- and know he's gonna dip dangerously low then it's not exactly difficult to pre-emptively start casting it, thus saving Life Cocoon usage.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    It is not comparable to Monk at all. On MW you can cast yourself OOM in maybe 30 seconds.
    I seriously want some of whatever you're smoking. It is definitely possible to go OOM with any healer, it is simply dependent on your group. Not their ilvl necessarily, but how well they avoid mechanics of the fight that cause them to take a lot of damage... However you're EXTREMELY overexaggerating Mistweaver's mana usage, or you're just utterly dogshit at playing it. Pumped out 195k HPS on Eye of Azshara's last boss, over the span of about 2 and a half minutes, and was still sitting comfortably on about 45% mana by the end of it.

832 ilvl at the time / 850 ilvl weapon / 16 traits spent into it.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2016-09-14 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    When your tank is at 20% and you just casted Enveloping Mist, Sheilun's Gift is your friend to top the tank quickly.

I still believe it should have been instant, but that's me being picky.
    I honestly think the whole reason it isn't instant is to give time for the whole "drawing in the mists" part of the animation

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    If you really need convincing that an amazing healing spell is good, you're probably not gonna believe anything you're told. It's not really a long cast time if you have any 'decent' amount of haste, which you should have as a Mistweaver by default. If you don't, then it's a gear issue, not a spell issue.

If you're only using it at 10+ stacks, then you're already doing it wrong. If you have mastery (which yes, it does proc) then it's gonna be good using it with as little as 5-6 stacks. Heck you could probably do 3-4 if you have an exorbitant amount of mastery.

I can't say I've ever had mana issues with MW yet, and I'm only 836 ilvl. I would wager you're using your spells highly inefficiently if you're running into mana issues as MW and not Priest, lol.

Obviously byproduct will exist but it's more often by chance than gearing for one or the other. Point being im sure he has all of the above.

Yes use it after you have a good amount of stacks saved up. It's not meant to be supplementary rotational heal, it's another oh shit button. Mw heals are piddly. If a tank gets down low that's your ticket to get him up quick.

eta: It has the same cast time as Enveloping Mists. Use artifact ability when you have the buff from EM active, and it'll heal for approximately "Fuck loads." - It's a pretty decent portion of my healing done, so far.
    Cept he shouldn't be stacking either lol. Crit and versatility...

Haste if your gonna try for record times on mythic + maybe.
    Last edited by Interim; 2016-09-15 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post

I don't know where a ton of that quoted text came from, but a good portion of what you quoted was not in my post at all. Secondly, nowhere in my post at all, did I say he should be stacking either, did I? You're going to have both from gear one way or another, you're crazy if you think +0 haste/mastery is a good idea. Gust will be top 3 (most of the time, top 2) of your healing done because of how many times you apply Ren/Env. Mist so pretending like it's not worthwhile is pretty silly. Haste will allow for more fluid casting as well as more ticks of your HoTs. Kinda simple really.

Gotta stop blindly following guides mate.

eta: You're also crazy if you think it should be used as an oh shit button. Even the guides which I have no doubt you've had your eyes glued to say it shouldn't be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post

Mastery is pretty strong.