Is Darkmoon Card Promises bis for resto druids?

Hello my main is feral but im playing resto OS and i really enjoy it. My main focus is doing mythic+ with resto but i'll switch to healer on raids if needed. So should i buy Darkmoon Card Promises?

Thank you very much for answering!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabjoe View Post
    Hello my main is feral but im playing resto OS and i really enjoy it. My main focus is doing mythic+ with resto but i'll switch to healer on raids if needed. So should i buy Darkmoon Card Promises?
    Thank you very much for answering!!!

It sucks, max 900 mana per spell =(. Assuming a spell cast every 1.5 seconds, with an average cost reduction of 415 per spell, it means around 1400 mp5, which sounds... negligible?

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    It sucks, max 900 mana per spell =(. Assuming a spell cast every 1.5 seconds, with an average cost reduction of 415 per spell, it means around 1400 mp5, which sounds... negligible?
    Its around 17k mana per min but they might buff it and prices would skyrocket i think.

Its around 17k mana per min but they might buff it and prices would skyrocket i think.
    I heard it got buffed already by quoting someone else :

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    It has been buffed recently, and is now very strong, particularly if you have generally valued regen high in progression where mana is constrained. You can just assume it will give ~40K per minute, sometimes more, sometimes less (both proc and casts will vary), and will have value on some fights.

- - - Updated - - -

The correct version is here:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/128710-da...s?bonusIDs=669

At 1150 average, it breaks away from the Alchemy trinket at ~2:45 fights at a conservative 30 casts per minute; at 45 casts it breaks away at ~1:50 or so. So it has become our best "regen trinket", the TP versus regen arguments aside.

Calculating the value of a medium/large amount of static versatility and an huge intellect proc; versus a large static amount of intellect, is trickier.

Deleted
    Is it even worth buying it and spending aound 150K in total, when its gonna be uesless after 7.1 ? when the ilvl is gonna be alot low the what you can get from raids ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teuu View Post
    Is it even worth buying it and spending aound 150K in total, when its gonna be uesless after 7.1 ? when the ilvl is gonna be alot low the what you can get from raids ?
    It's going to be lower than what you get from mythic+ too. Its value is even lower for mythic+ players who will be using a lot of downtime to wrath spam and kitty dps. If you have the world's worst RNG and need a trinket, then that's about the only time I can recommend this.

It got buffed and both Wowdb and wowhead have the wrong values.
    In game it's between 3.2 and 600 per cast if I remember correctly. Right now it's the best mana regen in game followed closely by "theoretical" amalgam's seventh spine and the mythic cocoon from emerald nightmare.

The problem of knowing if it's BiS or not really depends on how much mana is needed during your raid ...

It's the lifelong struggle between throughput and regen ...

Deleted
    Right now its 460-1840 mana saved per spell, averaging at 1150. It is the best mana regen trinket right now, with a solid static int.

I bought it yesterday for 50k and i am quite pleased with it. I can feel that mana is running away slower, and if i manage to get my hands on amalgalms seventh spine i think i will be quite fine in the first rush through EN.

My serve is selling this at nearly 100k, plus the obliterum that is around 5k each. IDK if it is a good investment right now. But I got luccky enough to get a amalgalms seventh spine 840.

While its "the best mana trinket" available, that is not saying much; they have completely gutted that aspect of play, and legion trinkets are relatively weak compared to options we had in the past. One issue is that it is completely driven by casts, if you force 45/min, you only save the mana to cast an extra two rejuvenations... Which is not much throughput at considering the volume of casts needed to achieve that. Other static trinkets would be scaling strong with those casts as well.

And if you stop heavy casting, it's value plummets, which complicates how you perceive its regen versus other more reliable sources (such as the Alchemy trinket)

While it was nice to have it buffed, it has no value in dungeons beyond the static int, and you would have to have extremely bad luck to make it better than a bunch of trinkets that will be dropping at much higher than 850 ilvl once raids and mythic+ open up and the 850 cap is removed. And it will only be upgradable to 855 in 7.1, which basically means nothing.

I personally would avoid it unless you get it very very cheap, its window of viability is extremely narrow (basically a week of heroic/normal raids depending on luck IMO). It would be foolish to equip it over almost any trinket at 860+, and even a few at 850 (Suramar dungeons).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zayl View Post
    I heard it got buffed already by quoting someone else :
    Contradicting myself in a post above somewhat, but that was the day it got buffed, before really looking at it in the Legion gear environment.

With the way ilvl scaling is, and basically having access to Mythic+ (865+ for skilled groups with 880+ weekly chests) and Heroic raids immediately jumping to 865+ the first week, an 850 trinket (that can't be upgraded) is just not going to hold up. It would be good at 850 in a raid environment, if we could reasonably expect to be getting gear at that range (5-15 ilvls upgrades maximum) for a month or so, but that is just not the case.

http://www.worldofmoudi.com/ilvl-legion
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2016-09-13 at 06:45 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Do we still need Darkmoon faire to be up in order to get the trinket or just having all cards do the job?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone here saying Promises is useless...you guys are really not doing the general Druid population any favors. First off, to the guy saying an 850 trinket won't hold up through heroic even Mythic raiding...If you haven't noticed the jump in Ilvl in a lot of gear pertains almost exclusively to the stamina and int stat. Seeing an 850 ring to an 880 ring will sometimes have the exact same secondary stats but the 880 just has more stamina. So your argument for it being able to hold up is fairly moot.

Also: Looking at the Emerald Nightmare trinkets in general...They're really bad for resto druids. All the on proc stuff is useless and there are much more viable throughput trinkets like Flask and Chrono Shard from Court of Stars and Arcway respectively. hence why those 2 are currently our BiS.

I am a mythic raider currently 1/7 cleared 7/7 heroic for two weeks with a 30 man group. I can tell you right now our mana is a problem if not kept under copious amounts of control. And when that slips away from me and my group will die if I don't heal them, I rely SO heavily on Darkmoon Deck: Promises. The passive int paired with Chrono Shard's int makes this pair very strong.

But please don't take just my word for it. Look at the logs fro druids. Look how much of a percent are using this trinket. It's god tier for a class that has a hard time using arguably it's most throughput spec (Prosp, SotF, SpringB).

For these types of questions please join the Druid Discord as all of this has been answered countless times.

Hope this helps clarify for some.

I think Promises is good if not BiS

Skyrocket? I looked one up 2 days ago: 120k on the AH.
    That is already way too high for dat bad trinket!

Will this still be BiS in 7.1 with ToV and Karazhan?

Deleted
    I had no idea it was rated so highly. My current trinkets are:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139333/h...#same-model-as ilvl 890 Titanforged and http://www.wowhead.com/item=137484/f...ght&bonus=3412 ilvl 860.

Should I replace one of them with the Darkmoon Trinket for raiding? and if so Which one.