Leveling cooking recipes (gaining new ranks) question

I wish to get higher rank of the Surf and Turf haste food, which is made of Runescale Koi and Lean shank. Does the higher rank recipe only have chance to be discovered with those two specific ingredients work orders? At Nomi's kitchen?

Or is it entirely random and it can come from any other ingredient work order?

My understanding of it is that the work orders give you recipes that are specific to those ingredients. That has been my experience with them anyway. I've mainly done Leyblood research because I am Mastery based. Mostly I get burnt food naturally, but I have actually gotten some recipes, and they were all recipes that used Leyblood.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering that too. For all those recipes that use multiple researchable ingredients, does it matter which one you choose? Like if a recipe needs both eggs and salmon, do I have have a chance of learning it from either research, or is each recipe tied to a specific ingredient?

I've mostly been using fish, simply because I have hundreds of them from farming the fishing artifact. Should I be researching other stuff too even though most recipes contain some sort of fish also?

I have gotten rank 2 of the barracuda mrgwhatever with just leyblood research despite needing the fish as well for the recipe so I can confirm it just needs to be part of the recipe.

Something I should check later is if you can make work orders using the peppers and stuff from the vendor next to nomi although I highly doubt it lol.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Something I should check later is if you can make work orders using the peppers and stuff from the vendor next to nomi although I highly doubt it lol.
    that would be so awesome if you could. But if it did work, im sure it'll get nerfed quick lol

woke up, first thing I checked and as I suspected they don't work