Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It appears wowheads guide was updated with strange stat priorities as well, Recommended: Haste > Strength > Mastery > Versatility > Crit > Stamina. Where are they getting this from? What would cause crit to be valued so low ?

Quote Originally Posted by bogate View Post
    thats just plain wrong, haste> everything, anything that says haste isnt the best stat is just wrong. dont try to sim blood or get weights, just stick to the guide troxsims put up for the prepatch
    Don't get me wrong, i celebrate our lord and savor, i'd just like to see something more substantial. If anyone has updated material or math to backup his glut of experience i'd appreciate it.

Hey there, I implemented Blood DKs in the AMR simulator and calculated the weights.

They are based on a fight like Ursoc, as far as tank damage goes. There is a tank swap in the fight, as per usual raid fights. The gearing strategy is based purely on defense, so anything that increases your damage isn't taken into account at this time. We are considering letting how much damage the tank does influence the gearing strategy - we're going to test that out soon, probably next week.

We simulate the fight over and over and try to reduce the damage you take and the healing you require (from healers) as much as possible. That is, in a nutshell, what our tanking metric, NPS, is. A more detailed explanation is forthcoming once we hammer out all the details.

So, why is Haste rated so low? Because, in a typical raid fight where you aren't blowing the boss up really fast, it just doesn't contribute as much to your toughness as the other stats. Haste might feel better, especially in 5 man content where you move fast and fights end quickly. But, the math doesn't support it being the best stats for negating damage and healing required on a typical raid fight** If we were to set up a simulation of a mythic dungeon fight, the results very may well favor Haste, but, we think people care more about raids when it comes to tank gear, in general. That being said, we do plan to add more types of fights and gearing strategies to the site in the near future, so that people can pick the strategy that most closely matches their preferred content level.

At AMR, we are dedicated to bringing tank theorycraft into the realm of math and simulation, and away from feelings and emotions. We trust robots, not people. All of our math and assumptions are available on our theorycraft wiki. I'm open to discussion at any time!
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory...d&version=live

**I reserve the right to change my mind on this as we continue to refine our tank model. Initial results do seem to provide actionable gearing advice, as we have been testing it out in-game ourselves. Factoring in tank damage could bring haste's level up.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

Saw this posted a day or so ago in discord:
    DPS Focus
    Strength 7.0 > Crit 4.0 > Haste 3.6 > Vers 3.2 > Mastery 2.8

Survival Focus
    Haste 3.5 > Vers 2.8 > Mastery 2.4 > Crit 2.2 > Strength 1.5

Seems to make since of all the madness, people just slapped both priorities together and that's causing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Swol View Post
    At AMR, we are dedicated to bringing tank theorycraft into the realm of math and simulation, and away from feelings and emotions. We trust robots, not people. All of our math and assumptions are available on our theorycraft wiki. I'm open to discussion at any time!
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory...d&version=live