Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I feel you, OP. Having a hard time loving my hunter right now. First they make Survival (my favorite spec) garbage to raid with for an entire expansion (WoD), and then turn it into a melee spec, because the game needs more melee, right?
    SV was top Spec for HM and competitive with BM in BRF. Only in HFC was SV the bottom spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Survival just because it's melee. As a BM Hunter of ten years, I'm in love with the new Survival. I've dabbled with it over the years, but I've never been willing to commit to it like I did BM. But now? The core abilities all work well together, the talents offer enough variety to fit any playstyle, and the spec as a whole is just lots of fun. Legion's Surv revamp gets a thumbs up from me.

Deleted
    IMO hunter is a all-time low now. With the changes all hunters should have gotten a class-change option. Want to keep my rep and achievements, but don't like the hunter class anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm maining Paladin in Legion, but I've played hunter since TBC and Survival was my favorite spec.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Try leveling a Demonology Warlock. If you like having buttons and having pets, that should be a spec you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Survival just because it's melee. As a BM Hunter of ten years, I'm in love with the new Survival. I've dabbled with it over the years, but I've never been willing to commit to it like I did BM. But now? The core abilities all work well together, the talents offer enough variety to fit any playstyle, and the spec as a whole is just lots of fun. Legion's Surv revamp gets a thumbs up from me.
    It's not that it isn't fun, it's that it's like I went to Mexican restaurant and they kept burning my order, so as consolation they gave me a gift certificate to an Italian restaurant. It might be a great restaurant, but I'm not really in the mood for Italian, and this is the only Mexican restaurant in town compared to 5 Italian ones, so I'd rather they just get their shit together so I don't have to choose between burnt tacos and lasagna I don't want and can get anywhere. Now if my tacolust were sated, I might might be in the mood for Espresso or a Gelato afterward, but right now this offer of Chicken Tortellini is almost insulting
    Last edited by lmaoboat; 2016-09-14 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaoboat View Post
    It's not that it isn't fun, it's that it's like I went to Mexican restaurant and they kept burning my order, so as consolation they gave me a gift certificate to an Italian restaurant. It might be a great restaurant, but I'm not really in the mood for Italian, and this is the only Mexican restaurant in town compared to 5 Italian ones, so I'd rather they just get their shit together so I don't have to choose between burnt tacos and lasagna I don't want and can get anywhere. Now if my tacolust were sated, I might might be in the mood for Espresso or a Gelato afterward, but right now this offer of Chicken Tortellini is almost insulting
    I'm hungry now...T_T

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Endless rep grinds?

I'm pretty softcore and i'm revered with pretty much all the new factions.

What a bunch of pussies these raiding friends.

You say BM is to simple for you, but most of the time you have raided a rotation has been 1-2 buttons plus a shitton of consumables.

I call bs
    Rose tinted glasses are real hunter has always been a 4/5 button class (any of the specs)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Raid groups have to keep a balance between melee and range DPS. With the addition of another melee class, demon hunter, making the melee roster more crowded than ever. What a survival hunter bring to the raid to be accepted in melee while they have the choice to be range.

This is a very narrow perspective, but so far, i have yet to see a SV hunter in dungeons. And dungeons are very forgiving environment were you can play any spec you want.

Deleted
    What is wrong with Survial i like that spec and i choose it for raiding i dont care about some MM crapshit(they really should nerf that patient sniper or buff even more vulnerability)
    BM is simply like every other DPS class atm

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Try leveling a Demonology Warlock. If you like having buttons and having pets, that should be a spec you enjoy.
    The soul somehow got ripped out of a lot of specs and demo is certainly one of those suffering from it imo. I'm hardly alone-locks are rampaging everywhere they go on forums and such. One of my guildies played lock from release day until 7.0.3, when he changed to a rogue because all the lock specs were so awful to play. Regardless, new demo doesn't play anything like BM, so it doesn't really help those that are missing their gutted playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    The soul somehow got ripped out of a lot of specs and demo is certainly one of those suffering from it imo. I'm hardly alone-locks are rampaging everywhere they go on forums and such. One of my guildies played lock from release day until 7.0.3, when he changed to a rogue because all the lock specs were so awful to play. Regardless, new demo doesn't play anything like BM, so it doesn't really help those that are missing their gutted playstyle.
    I played Demo on beta and it was enjoyable, and I hate pet classes. I don't agree with your assessment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    So I used to be a pretty hardcore raider (some of you might remember me from "back in the day"). I wasn't in the very top tier of guilds and rankings, but I was in guilds that were top 30-50 spots 25 man rankings (US). I wasn't the best ever, but I was pretty good at being a hunter (just saying that so you know I'm not an idiot or newbie). About 3 years ago raiding just got to be too much - too much farming, too much rep grinding, too much work outside of the raid to maintain that level of playing. So I quit WoW after 7 years of raiding. Throughout that entire time the ONLY class I ever played for a main was my hunter. I loved it, never once did I want to change mains.

That being said. I came back for this xpac and leveled a hunter to 110 and I'm just bored. I'm not a melee player so I have no interest in SV, I need more mentally than just 4 button brainless BM, and while I don't exactly hate MM, I dislike not having a pet. Now I just feel like a mage with arrows. It's just not the same. I don't like MM in 5 mans and in PVP I feel like we lost too many abilities - once a melee gets in close it's generally all over(yes I know I have disengage and the turtle shell and one cc).

THEN I just learned today that you can't even switch specs anymore (and keep your weapon skills) unless you do a shit ton of rep grinding and dailies - which is the exact freaking reason I quit to begin with. Which also means that my plan to level a druid alt and heal in BGs and DPS in raids is out the window too.

Basically I'm one week in and really disappointed and am probably just going to quit again. I just wondered if anyone else feels like this is an all time low for the hunter class - and I'm not talking about numbers - I'm just talking about the feel of the class. Maybe most of you have had a chance to gradually get used to the idea, but I haven't been following WoW news since I quit so this is all a shock for me. I didn't even know the xpac was out until an old guildie texted me about it. This is the first time in my "WoW career" where I wasn't in love with my hunter - combine that with the endless dailies, no spec changing (at least not easily) and rep grinding at 110... I am really considering quitting again after a week.

I'm just looking to have a constructive discussion on how everyone is feeling about the hunter class right now (and not from a DPS perspective) and also what's the vibe on gearing up for raids or another spec? I know it's always been somewhat of a rep grind to get raid ready, but it feels worse to me this xpac than it ever did before. Thoughts?
    Agree man. Hunter feels so.... hollow now. A shadow of it's former self.

I play both MM and BM. 2 Specs easy to maintain as long as you Main Spec one. I believe you dont need any Rep at all this expansion unless you want to run Arcway and Court of Stars.

Hunter has lost most if not all of its Utility. These are the abilities I miss the most in no particular order - Master's Call, Tranquilizing Shot, Traps (all of them), A ROOT! - Just ONE ROOT BLIZZARD PLS , and Kill Shot.

I feel Master's Call need to be brought back esp for pvp, its not good to have your only root break built into disengage, they can remove that and give us back Masters call. We really could use a root of some kind too. We used to have access to 2 roots constantly! How can we kite melee with so many gap closers now?? Concussive shot does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    I play both MM and BM. 2 Specs easy to maintain as long as you Main Spec one. I believe you dont need any Rep at all this expansion unless you want to run Arcway and Court of Stars.

Hunter has lost most if not all of its Utility. These are the abilities I miss the most in no particular order - Master's Call, Tranquilizing Shot, Traps (all of them), A ROOT! - Just ONE ROOT BLIZZARD PLS , and Kill Shot.

I feel Master's Call need to be brought back esp for pvp, its not good to have your only root break built into disengage, they can remove that and give us back Masters call. We really could use a root of some kind too. We used to have access to 2 roots constantly! How can we kite melee with so many gap closers now?? Concussive shot does nothing.
    I miss camo (original). I mostly played BM in BGs defending control points. That's gone now :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel you, i am thinking about re-rolling DK or Rogue bb my hunter :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    What is wrong with Survial i like that spec and i choose it for raiding i dont care about some MM crapshit(they really should nerf that patient sniper or buff even more vulnerability)
    BM is simply like every other DPS class atm
    There's nothing wrong with SV. In fact I'm kind of baffled that so many hunters immediately dismissed this spec and went straight for MM. I just don't get what can be fun in that thing. Somehow it doesn't feel like hunter at all, more like some sort of a broken Mage spec with the worst animations and RNG at its core. Literally the only thing that is fun in it is Barrage.

SV somehow is the opposite, a melee spec that somehow absolutely feels like a hunter, fighting alongside your pet, being mobile in combat and weaving many abilities back and forth. More people should give it a try, it seems to be quite viable damage wise, while being quite complex at times.

MM is not "a mage with arrows". Mages clearly have more mobility.