Thread: Outlaw in PvE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Dude, Grappling Hook might just be one of the best utility abilities in the game. If you don't get why it is amazing in a PvE setting, or how it can greatly affect your overall damage output during quite a few boss fights, then I feel bad for whoever is going to have to raid with you.
    -Get out of the fire, now!
    -Go fight those ads that spawned on the other end of the room, now!
    -Hide behind this big-ass rock, now!
    -You fucked up and got pushed off a cliff? No you haven't!
    -Boss teleported to the other end of the room? Now so have you!
    -You need to stand on the thing? You are now standing on the thing!

Seriously, having a quasi teleport to any location within 40 yards is a huge survivability and movement tool, both of which are vital to maximize your DPS. Grappling Hook is better than sprint, better than Hit and Run, better than other classes' movement abilities like blink or ghost wolf. It is an excellent ability and Outlaw Rogues are much better off for having it.
    Raiding is so much more than just sticking to the boss' butt and executing your standard rotation.

I prefer Shadow Step over Grappling Hook. For all the same reasons, except its instant. Don't forget that you can step to allies as well.

I've been using grappling hook for other stuff too.. for example: Sometimes I am in some locations where it's a lot quicker to jump from the mountain than trying to find my way down...specially when doing the World Quests... guess what.. you can jump and use the grappling hook right before you hit the floor and you don't get any fall dmg.
    The same works when trying to climb up some locations as a shortcut..

Quote Originally Posted by Fosgatt View Post
    I've been using grappling hook for other stuff too.. for example: Sometimes I am in some locations where it's a lot quicker to jump from the mountain than trying to find my way down...specially when doing the World Quests... guess what.. you can jump and use the grappling hook right before you hit the floor and you don't get any fall dmg.
    The same works when trying to climb up some locations as a shortcut..
    This^ I played fury for a long time and grappling hook is so much better for jumping off tall stuff. It literally sticks to the air sometimes even if you miss the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I prefer Shadow Step over Grappling Hook. For all the same reasons, except its instant. Don't forget that you can step to allies as well.
    That's great...but this is an Outlaw rogue thread and we can't use shadowstep. Also, i find it funny you bring up shadowstep....WHICH REQUIRES A TARGET TO USE. Grappling hook does not require a target. Shadowstep pales in comparison to Grappling Hook. Tons of situations where you'll need to be somewhere but there's no target there, so shadowstep will be useless in those situations.

Except that both abilities are not comparable.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I'll gladly exchange the instant cast for like a second to get to where I need to go if it means I can target literally any spot on the ground within range.

hook provides a lot of fun opportunities. being a wall-jump enthusiast, i managed to climb on highmountain tribe main building with him. what a view guys! i play sub in pvp though =)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    You begin to hate it... and then it gives you a jackpot and all is forgiven.
    This exactly sums how I feel. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, WOOO JACKPOT!!!, BOOYA TIME, buff runs out, I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    This exactly sums how I feel. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, WOOO JACKPOT!!!, BOOYA TIME, buff runs out, I hate it.
    I honestly never hate it, even when im getting shit rolls, i'm still on the top of the charts, so i dont mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    I honestly never hate it, even when im getting shit rolls, i'm still on the top of the charts, so i dont mind.
    Who cares about topping the charts that happens anyway I WANT GOOD ROLLS YO. I wanna have a maverick moment.

Rolls means nothing as long as your dps suck. No one in raid cares of your rolls. And tbh i don't see a single point to take any rogue in raid if you can take more arms warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDream View Post
    Rolls means nothing as long as your dps suck. No one in raid cares of your rolls. And tbh i don't see a single point to take any rogue in raid if you can take more arms warriors.
    You're retarded. Nothing more to be said.

You're retarded. Nothing more to be said.
    And you must be the guy that top charts? =D

And you must be the guy that top charts? =D
    I have nothing to say to someone who seriously said "i don't see a single point to take any rogue in raid if you can take more arms warriors".

I have nothing to say to someone who seriously said "i don't see a single point to take any rogue in raid if you can take more arms warriors".
    Arms are pulling 40k+ dps ahead of outlaw, and assasination and sub are way worse. Why would you want to have a class that's even in it's best dps attempts (read RtB rolls) is still way worse in terms of damage output?

then why are you in the rogue forum? go level your arms warrior.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    then why are you in the rogue forum? go level your arms warrior.
    That's pretty frustrating to play rogue since vanilla and to have such luckstar experience in legion. And yes, leveling an arms warrior is an option, thanks for suggestion.

That's pretty frustrating to play rogue since vanilla and to have such luckstar experience in legion. And yes, leveling an arms warrior is an option, thanks for suggestion.
    1. Sims != real life
    2. Rogues have the BEST defense out of all melee.
    3. You're still retarded

1. Sims != real life
    2. Rogues have the BEST defense out of all melee.
    3. You're still retarded
    1) Who said anything about sims? Real parties, real mythics.
    2) Did i said something about defence?
    3) Not really offended by a kid that can't read.

1) Who said anything about sims? Real parties, real mythics.
    2) Did i said something about defence?
    3) Not really offended by a kid that can't read.
    Wasn't there some spec doing better DPS always? Did everyone reroll to that class? Do we have doomsayers every expansion? (and for every spec too)?
    -Voltaire
    winning