defense of the netherlight temple [SPOILERS]

I'm in the middle of the final priest order hall campaign quest. Defense of the netherlight temple. The quest objective is "kill Balnazzar". I can't kill balnazzar. The event started. I dps'd him down to about 80% and the Calvary showed up. The fight progressed with Balnazzar up on the platform. I ran up there and started dps'ing him, but now my damage is tiny. As in... I've been dps'ing him for close to an hour and he's only down to 70%. I tried killing mobs instead. I tried talking to NPCs. I tried healing things. I switch spec twice. I've logged out and restarted the game. I've Google searched. Nothing is working. Help?

Leave the scenario and reset it, wait until the paladin engages him and he teleports down and dps him down like a training dummy.

I had the same bug too and leaving by the portal was the only thing that fixed it.

I figured it out. I ran out the portal in back that would normally take me back to Daloran. This took me to another Netherlight temple instance where the event wasn't happening. I ran out of the portal from there and got back to Daloran. From there I ran back into the normal netherlight portal, which restarted the event. The second play through worked as intended. So the first try was just bugged, but I couldn't end it.

I tried to exit, and it just puts me right back where I started, unable to damage Balnazzar and not knowing what to do....