Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Unlucky Streak" account wide?

Today i leveled up my alt char up to 110, and i got stuck from doing world quests and dungeons from this: if i drop a legendary item on this second character will this affect the "unlucky streak" of my main?

Deleted
    nobody knows and to be honest nobody knows with certainty if the "bad luck protection" exists at all, blizzard has been pretty vague about it.

ive done almost 1k heroic dungeons, all mythic dungeons, all world quests, and all Emmisary quests since the game launched, and i have still not seen a legendary,

the monk alt in our guild who hit 110 2 days ago, and has only been online once or twice since the game launched, has gotten 2.

Blizzard lied out their arse about the bad luck protection.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    ive done almost 1k heroic dungeons, all mythic dungeons, all world quests, and all Emmisary quests since the game launched, and i have still not seen a legendary,

the monk alt in our guild who hit 110 2 days ago, and has only been online once or twice since the game launched, has gotten 2.

RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    RNG is RNG.
    exactly but when they said there would be bad luck protection, and i have done the amount of content that i have, you would think Bad Luck Protection would be in effect.

meaning blizzard just said that there would be bad luck protection to keep people off their backs.

and didnt actually implement it.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    exactly but when they said there would be bad luck protection, and i have done the amount of content that i have, you would think Bad Luck Protection would be in effect.

meaning blizzard just said that there would be bad luck protection to keep people off their backs.

They also said the protection would come over time, so you would eventually get a Legendary. Cramming all this shit in at once means you are fighting against RNG without any protection.

I would just like to point out that 1k heroic dungeons at 20 min a piece would take nearly 2 weeks of nonstop playing and instant ques.

Gonna call bullshit on that one my friend. Armory link and a /played screenshot.

1k heroics my ass
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Gonna call bullshit on that one my friend. Armory link and a /played screenshot.

1k heroics my ass
    do you know how to update ones toon on the armory hasnt updated since launch?

but ive got 9 days played at 110, if that helps. ive slept fuck all.

yeah im prob over exaggerating the number but my point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by BeakerPD View Post
    I would just like to point out that 1k heroic dungeons at 20 min a piece would take nearly 2 weeks of nonstop playing and instant ques.

refer above.

i also have a dedicated team of 5 players i tank, we get insta ques, and we clear most heroics in abotu 10-15 minutes.

we are all 845+ ilvl. with 865+ Art weapons.

do you know how to update ones toon on the armory hasnt updated since launch?
    An screenshot of the In-game statistics would suffice

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    nobody knows and to be honest nobody knows with certainty if the "bad luck protection" exists at all, blizzard has been pretty vague about it.
    Yes. Given the seemingly pretty low chance I don't think it makes much sense to make speculations there. You'll just not get together relevant data for now.

Even if you'd had several guilds doing that I'd stick with your samplesize being too small to state that as a fact.

They will ease up on the legendaries after a while, because if they don't, they know they'll have a riot on their hands. Give it time.

Bad luck protection is to keep u guys fooled and playing, thats all. Its all RNG, RNG ftw!
    Ever tried to do something good during ur day in real life? Help an old granny across the street, buy a lil kid some ice cream, smile at a random person and tell them they are beautiful (plz no harassment!)
    Maybe then the god of RNG will reward u with a legendary
    Last edited by Wild; 2016-09-13 at 02:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries aren't meant for everyone to get in the first 2 weeks. It's been 14 days. Crying that you haven't gotten a piece of gear that you'll keep all expansion is pretty god damn silly
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

What's to say that the bad luck protection is based on amount of content done? It could just be "days spent at max level".

Deleted
    did it occur to you guys that bad luck protectio might not kick in after only 2 weeks....

Also its your own issue if you get addicted and play 14 days straight, it doesnt even do anything for your char as the diminishing returns are heavy for both artifact power and ilvl if you are ahead of the curve.

Doing 1k dungeons did fuck all to your ilvl, you are almost the same as people that run 1 daily heroic and all weekly mythics. You are addicted, its not the games fault. You seek the thrill of that one titan forged 850 or the legendary drop, thats intended but you went to the extreme.

10+ Year Old Account

What... Don't go there.

"I aint getting loot, must be lying to us"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Legendaries aren't meant for everyone to get in the first 2 weeks. It's been 14 days. Crying that you haven't gotten a piece of gear that you'll keep all expansion is pretty god damn silly
    Legendaries are 895 ilvl ... Nighthold is 905. Unless they plan to buff them every patch we won't be using em all expac.

we are all 845+ ilvl. with 865+ Art weapons.
    It doesn't take 1k dungeons to get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Legendaries are 895 ilvl ... Nighthold is 905. Unless they plan to buff them every patch we won't be using em all expac.
    They are likely going to buff them in some fashion when Nighthold is out.