Sneaky Act-Blizz Adding MORE Grind!

OK now I get it, folks over at HQ decided to flat out lie to us but in a 'politically' sneaky way! You see technically speaking they did not lie, BUT completely knowing we would assume that the PvP changes where going to mean quicker jump into PvP and less of a gap between fresh toons and vet toons.. right? NAH WRONG!

So PvP templates did in fact reduce the weighting gear had on character power, they added Artifact talents which require TONS of PvE grind over and over and over day after day after day .. The amount of burst and damage is going UP over the next few months as people max out stamina and character power via artifacts ..

They did talk about a catch up mechanic and good luck with that ..

So before Legion a fresh player got RKT by a fully geared player .. After Legion a fresh player gets RKT by a fully Artifact player BUT it takes so much more grind to achieve that ..

If you enjoy alts .. You are out of luck this expansion ,,, at least if you don't want to get RKT ..
    If you don't grind like a dog you will get RKT while questing in order for you to GRIND loool (PvP server and Prestige)
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-09-13 at 12:48 PM.

Haven't tried pvp yet, but in my experience with other games, prestige systems work pretty fine. I love this idea and that it's less dependant on gear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    ..the upside of making gearing alts harder is less fotm-rerolling retards every new season Maybe people will actually stick to their characters and learn to play them instead of rerolling to whatever seems most overpowered at the moment (Ironically enough, still being terrible not realizing the issue isn't the class but the player).

Regarding grinding artifact power, they've stated that doing rated pvp is supposed to be a valid way of leveling up your artifact.. Hopefully it'll feel smoother for us PvP:ers, not having to do as much PvE after the season starts.

I do wish that random battlegrounds would give the "same" rewards as heroic dungeons (Same amount of Arti Power/ilvl gear rewards).. Because heroic dungeons have never been hard in this game.. with the very exception of like early TBC..

Also.. did this really deserve a new thread? Surely there must be a thousand threads on this topic already..

8% - 10% means getting RKT man! Assuming good players every 1% can be seen and felt .. 10% is just no chance ..

If you get instant queues, win within 10 seconds every time, always get the AP thingy you just have to skirmish for over 130 hours straight to reach level 14 on your artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Artifact Knowledge is your gap closer. You will earn it faster on alts as time goes by and your AP gains will be bigger at an earlier stage so you will close the artifact gap pretty damn fast. Also deeper into the artifacts a lot of traits are fillers so you will definitely catch up on the important bits.

There is no way that there will be disparity bigger than 8-10% between fully geared and fully undergeared players. Unless you decide to step inside BGs with 3rd artifact lvl 1 with 0 relics and naked. The game cant help you there sorry.
    The disparity can be about 10% on gear alone, not including the Artifact (or PvP talents) at all.

Artifact traits (except for the golden ones) provide very minor bonuses (oh wow! 3% more damage on this one spell!!!), so there is really not a HUGE gap between a fresh Artifact weapon and a fully maxed out one.

Consider the following: If you actually enjoyed the gameplay, grinding wouldn't be a bad thing

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    OK now I get it, folks over at HQ decided to flat out lie to us but in a 'politically' sneaky way! You see technically speaking they did not lie, BUT completely knowing we would assume that the PvP changes where going to mean quicker jump into PvP and less of a gap between fresh toons and vet toons.. right? NAH WRONG!

So PvP templates did in fact reduce the weighting gear had on character power, they added Artifact talents which require TONS of PvE grind over and over and over day after day after day .. The amount of burst and damage is going UP over the next few months as people max out stamina and character power via artifacts ..

They did talk about a catch up mechanic and good luck with that ..

So before Legion a fresh player got RKT by a fully geared player .. After Legion a fresh player gets RKT by a fully Artifact player BUT it takes so much more grind to achieve that ..

If you enjoy alts .. You are out of luck this expansion ,,, at least if you don't want to get RKT ..
    If you don't grind like a dog you will get RKT while questing in order for you to GRIND loool (PvP server and Prestige)
    There is a catchup mechanic in place. Characters that are behind will have faster research queue time.

Artifact power will be trivial a few months into the expansion. The top research rank gives you 28,000% artifact power increase, and there are 25 levels. It won't be that long before you're getting maxed out artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Artifact traits (except for the golden ones) provide very minor bonuses (oh wow! 3% more damage on this one spell!!!), so there is really not a HUGE gap between a fresh Artifact weapon and a fully maxed out one.
    actually you are wrong, they provide some meaningful buffs, here are few example: Ret's reflective shield reduced cd from 1.5min to 1min, it is a LOT since it packs in a big aoe hit, one of our traits gives us an auto trinket every 2 min, BOP CD reduced by 30% (which is huge for ur healer vs Melee clvs that train them 24/7).

For DH, since DH has no self heals, our survival in PVP is very weak, one of the traits gives us a chance for self heal when we use aoe stun, when we use our shield wall it gives 2 charges of Fell Rush which is a mobility tool as well as 20% dmg buff each, reduce our Meta form by 1 minute (our major cd), decrease magic dmg taken by 12% (which is once again a lot for a class who has no self heals outside of meta) and list goes on.

It is not only x% dmg buff, it provides very useful and a lot of time game breaking talents which will determine whether you will lose or win.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    actually you are wrong, they provide some meaningful buffs, here are few example: Ret's reflective shield reduced cd from 1.5min to 1min, it is a LOT since it packs in a big aoe hit, one of our traits gives us an auto trinket every 2 min, BOP CD reduced by 30% (which is huge for ur healer vs Melee clvs that train them 24/7).

For DH, since DH has no self heals, our survival in PVP is very weak, one of the traits gives us a chance for self heal when we use aoe stun, when we use our shield wall it gives 2 charges of Fell Rush which is a mobility tool as well as 20% dmg buff each, reduce our Meta form by 1 minute (our major cd), decrease magic dmg taken by 12% (which is once again a lot for a class who has no self heals outside of meta) and list goes on.

It is not only x% dmg buff, it provides very useful and a lot of time game breaking talents which will determine whether you will lose or win.
    All in all, minor bonuses.

Deleted
    im ilvl 846 as ww monk and im more than 100k hp more than most other ww monks... yes including/excluding the 10% hp talent. GEAR MATTERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    im ilvl 846 as ww monk and im more than 100k hp more than most other ww monks... yes including/excluding the 10% hp talent. GEAR MATTERS.
    100k out of 2200000+ Plz do use math.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    100k out of 2200000+ Plz do use math.
    my friend ww had 1.9 mil health, I had 2.3k mil health, now you decide who's got an edge... granted I had 10% hp increase and he did not, but my gear gave atleast another 100k.

What exactly do you mean with plz do use math? May I bask in the fountain of your knowledge please oh god.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    You are just now realizing this?

Deleted
    I hope you realize 100k makes or breaks when arena matches are decided, people do survive at 1-5 % frequently.

- - - Updated - - -

Ofocurse not, but others may no be up to speed or just painfully oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    my friend ww had 1.9 mil health, I had 2.3k mil health, now you decide who's got an edge... granted I had 10% hp increase and he did not, but my gear gave atleast another 100k.

What exactly do you mean with plz do use math? May I bask in the fountain of your knowledge please oh god.
    You have exatly what blizzard said what ilevel would give. 5% more hp then the template in your case. You can go al the way to 10%. So 220k extra hp over a guy that just hit lvl 110 one second ago. Before that it was more like you had 30-40%+ over a new character. Actually in the case of Wod final patch i had more then 100% the hp of a new character.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-09-14 at 02:27 AM.

..and this proves my point, Act-Blizz is doing what politicians have been doing for a long time .. Say something that sounds right to most people and only a few actually see through the 'lie' ..

They don't really care about delivering the very best most fare player experience .. they only care that it appears to enough people to be so ..

Deleted
    I love and hate this new system. The template is good, making the casual player not being so far behind. But the gear drops in PvP is the worst ever. Got a single piece after a ton of arenas/BGs and it was lower ilvl than my PvE faceroll trinket. I will really miss capping CP once every week because it fitted me the most as a casual player. When arena starts, I know gear will drop in the boxes with a higher chance BUT can I grind for 24 hours or is it like the old CP grind, win 13/13 games then I'm capped?