Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"We need ranged DPS for our raid team"

Every guild currently raiding.

Adding only melee DPS specs since vanilla and actually removing a ranged DPS spec this expac will become a problem, very, very fast.

Good luck to anyone trying to join a raiding guild if they aren't a ranged DPS.

The problem isn't the number of melee DPS classes, it's that raids are designed in a way that guilds want twice as many ranged as they do melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    And good luck unless you are a mage and maybe hunter.

My ele is sad

Thanks for another over generalized pretty worthless opinion.

Is that character in the armory link yours? What compels someone who didn't even clear the last tiers on heroic when they are current to weigh in on what "guilds" want?

INFRACTION - Resulted in Ban.
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-13 at 07:08 PM.

They made a bunch of melee dps specs feel and look awesome finally.

Of course there's a lot of melee.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Is that character in the armory link yours? What compels someone who didn't even clear the last tiers on heroic when they are current to weigh in on what "guilds" want?
    Why are you being mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, my mythic raiding guild has a 30 - 32 man roster atm and we have just 8 rdps, this is the first time that I must force my players to change their specs/classes, 3 melee class were added to the game, Death knight, Monk and Demon hunter, and now the favorite spec for the hunters is survival(melee now) and we almost had holy paladin melee healers in this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Every guild currently raiding.

Adding only melee DPS specs since vanilla and actually removing a ranged DPS spec this expac will become a problem, very, very fast.

Good luck to anyone trying to join a raiding guild if they aren't a ranged DPS.
    Yeah no this is as fallacious and more than likely caused by bad melee just like in Cata. Cata first tier raids were 100% fine for melee and yet melee made that lie back then and got THEMSELVES benched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    They made a bunch of melee dps specs feel and look awesome finally.

Of course there's a lot of melee.
    This. It has nothing to do with raids and everything to do with people wanting to play melee and you still need a few ranged.

Uhh, trade chat? guild recruitment forums?

Guilds say exactly what they want in both of those places...you don't have to kill archimonde to know what a Guild is saying/wanting.
    But what do i know? i never killed mythic archimonde so i have no say in anything related to guild recruitment.

What great logic you have sir.

There are just more melee specs than there are ranged.
    Nothing new, been that way since day 1.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

My only issue with recruitment currently is Azeroth is lousy with druids.

Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    Uhh, trade chat? guild recruitment forums?

Guilds say exactly what they want in both of those places...you don't have to kill archimonde to know what a Guild is saying/wanting.
    But what do i know? i never killed mythic archimonde so i have no say in anything related to guild recruitment.

What great logic you have sir.
    Guilds "recruiting" for people in trade chat for raiders when an expansion has launched are not generally good guilds. Lets listen to them right!?

Thank you for flaming like a 5 year old, so because he didnt do heroics last time he gets no say? I skipped WoD almost all together but raided since wrath.. very constructive feedback there

There's always been too much ranged favoring anyways so, good.

I never did understand the point behind survival hunter. MAYBE it would have some merit if it had been a mail wearing tank spec. But the last thing the game needed was another melee DPS spec. There was no "class fantasy" for melee hunters, not even in vanilla. They were a joke. It was something you only did because you were out of ammo and couldn't be bothered to go get more. It was on the same level as wand-using casters. Where's the mage wand spec then?

Blizzard failed hard with Survival Hunters.

So much true. I dont get why Blizzard keeps adding melee/tank classes to the game. I really hope next hero class will be heal/rdps, some kinda of Enchantress or Necromancer (shadow heal) probably.
    Last edited by ssviolett; 2016-09-13 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Why are you being mean?
    Wrong foot out bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    If only the most awesome ranged DPS spec wasn't, again, an absolute shitfest.

You all know which spec it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    There are just more melee specs than there are ranged.
    Nothing new, been that way since day 1.
    Hmm, day 1 of WoW.

Melee: Assassination, Combat, Sub, Arms, Fury, Ret, Enh, Feral
    Ranged: Fire, Frost, Arcane, Balance, Ele, Shadow, Destro, Demo, Afflic, Mm, Bm, Surv.

8 melee vs. 12 ranged dps specs. Seems like there were significantly more ranged specs.

Nowadays of course you can add ww, frost, unholy, havoc, survival to melee...and 0 more ranged dps. Actually -1. So now we're sitting 13 melee and 11 ranged dps specs. Quite a turnaround.

Guilds "recruiting" for people in trade chat for raiders when an expansion has launched are not generally good guilds. Lets listen to them right!?
    Now I'm wondering what counts as good? World First or go home? By my low standard, any guild that finished 13/13 mythic before 7.0 counts as good. Even by that fairly liberal definition only gives us about 2500 guilds. So the 6% of the guilds are good, the other 94% are garbage and don't count. 4 of the guilds on my server that went 13/13M before 7.0 advertise in trade, but none claim to be awesome or hardcore, so they are just bads.

I will agree that "we're full up on melee" has been a common theme for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Hmm, day 1 of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post

8 melee vs. 12 ranged dps specs. Seems like there were significantly more ranged specs.

I think he meant more class than spec. Of the last 3 classes added, they all added Melee, when the last thing needed was more melee.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-09-13 at 07:31 PM.