10+ Year Old Account

Thinking about changing specs after dumping all my current AP in Shadow

Hey All,
    So I leveled to 110 as Shadow and Ive dumped all my AP from leveling into my Artifact. I am not happy with the Shadow mechanics and had started leveling up my Rogue sorta giving up on my Priest for now. My buddies are asking me if I'd heal for them, but I am concerned that I don't have any AP in my Holy artifact, so does this mean I'd be a really shitty healer in 5man's heroics, mythic etc? I only have like 2 level of Artifact Knowledge presently so AP is not rolling in yet.

Trying to figure out if Im sorta stuck until I can get that AP into Holy built up or if I should be OK to start farming the dungeons and Ill just get better as I get that AP.

Do you have decent enough relics? Early on id say they matter more than having a few traits.
    You should be able to heal just fine, i started healing mythics with 820, my staff was probably below level 10 and only 2 relics.

The biggest boost to your healing at this point will likely come from relics for your holy weapon and not the artifact points. Assuming the rest of your gear is an ok ilevel and you have 3 relics unlocked, you will be fine healing. The third relic slot was the biggest boost I noticed. Also - you can get 13 points in Holy, if you've done 2 AK work orders, in like 2 days now and at that point you are nearly 'fully geared'. The points slow down after 13.

It really doesn't matter. At the moment most people are stuck slightly ahead of their 2nd golden trait, at which point AP costs shoot through the roof. Also getting to the first golden trait is incredibly cheap for all artifacts, only a few thousand AP or so which takes a few hours to get eventually. Idk how much you have invested in shadow, but if it is just the AP you got from leveling it is next to nothing in the bigger picture.

tl;dr go for it

I currently have 0 traits in my disc/holy artifacts and can step in as a healer in mythics just fine. It's not to much of a pain to swap if you really don't like shadow. With AK lvl 2 you'll catch up very quickly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Hey All,
    So I leveled to 110 as Shadow and Ive dumped all my AP from leveling into my Artifact. I am not happy with the Shadow mechanics and had started leveling up my Rogue sorta giving up on my Priest for now. My buddies are asking me if I'd heal for them, but I am concerned that I don't have any AP in my Holy artifact, so does this mean I'd be a really shitty healer in 5man's heroics, mythic etc? I only have like 2 level of Artifact Knowledge presently so AP is not rolling in yet.

Trying to figure out if Im sorta stuck until I can get that AP into Holy built up or if I should be OK to start farming the dungeons and Ill just get better as I get that AP.
    If you're at rank 13 or below it wouldn't hurt you, but anything above that I wouldn't do. To be honest even with that I wouldn't do it because it's pretty damn easy to farm 6500 to get to rank 13 on your new weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh crap, just realized I dont have any relics either. So how do I get relic? Just do WQ's as Shadow with Holy loot specialization set?

Deleted
    Do wqs, heroics, mythics, craft them, or buy them on AH

I would just make a new priest if I were you.

Is that the answer you were expecting?
    Just do the same things you did before and if you are skilled it wont matter. Just make sure your team knows whats up, this will cause some confusion if you don't.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV