Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Xavius playing on two fronts?

According to wowpedia Xavius profile.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Xavius

He serves the Legion once more, also he remain loyal to N'Zoth. He play on two fronts right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I havent noticed any sign of Xaviu serving the legion during my time in Valsharah. Well there is a couple of demons outside the temple of Elune there, but.... No fel corruption in Valsharah whatsoever. Probably an oversight on blizzs part, or Xavius doesnt give a **** about legion.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by grondik View Post
    Well I havent noticed any sign of Xaviu serving the legion during my time in Valsharah. Well there is a couple of demons outside the temple of Elune there, but.... No fel corruption in Valsharah whatsoever. Probably an oversight on blizzs part, or Xavius doesnt give a **** about legion.
    Xavius, like his former queen, serves whoever is the current biggest baddie. Be it the Legion, the Old Gods or someone else. Currently it's the Legion, so he serves the Legion. Corrupting the Emerald Dream and turning all the dryads and druids into Nightmare servitors, serves the Legion quite well in more than one way. Satyrs are demons after all.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2016-09-14 at 06:20 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

the demons using the nightmare is like 100% the opposite of what sargeras wants.

he's probably gonna rip xavius a new one if his soul goes to the nether when we kill him. this is endangering sargeras' waifu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    like his former queen
    Speaking of which, there hasn't been much collaboration between Azsharas forces and the legion in Aszuna either.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the demons using the nightmare is like 100% the opposite of what sargeras wants.

he's probably gonna rip xavius a new one if his soul goes to the nether when we kill him. this is endangering sargeras' waifu.
    What? Killing off Ysera, cutting off the druids from the Emerald Dream and causing havoc in Val'sharah not to mention trying to destroy/corrupt the Tears of Elune all works wonders for the Legion invasion.

EDIT: Oh and also, this is from the Legion website itself; "With an army of vile satyrs at his command, Xavius will stop at nothing to vanquish all who oppose the Burning Legion" - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#characters

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which, there hasn't been much collaboration between Azsharas forces and the legion in Aszuna either.
    Well, perhaps not, but they aren't fighting each other nor standing in each others ways. Both armies in Azsuna are killing off mortals and causing havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What? Killing off Ysera, cutting off the druids from the Emerald Dream and causing havoc in Val'sharah not to mention trying to destroy/corrupt the Tears of Elune all works wonders for the Legion invasion.

EDIT: Oh and also, this is from the Legion website itself; "With an army of vile satyrs at his command, Xavius will stop at nothing to vanquish all who oppose the Burning Legion" - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#characters
    the nightmare is old god corruption. spreading it throughout the dream and land furthers the goals of the void lords, it increases the chance for azeroth to be corrupted to the void and become a dark titan.

that's not at all what sargeras wants, that's what he's pants shittingly scared of. also, it's extra bad because sargeras wants to fuck azeroth, literally. so if she goes dark titan, no fucky fucky, no more universe.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    the nightmare is old god corruption. spreading it throughout the dream and land furthers the goals of the void lords, it increases the chance for azeroth to be corrupted to the void and become a dark titan.

that's not at all what sargeras wants, that's what he's pants shittingly scared of. also, it's extra bad because sargeras wants to fuck azeroth, literally. so if she goes dark titan, no fucky fucky, no more universe.
    Be that as it may, Xavius still serves the Legion in this expansion. Sargeras isn't around to command him either, and it's not unlikely that the other Legion commanders simply aren't aware of the Void Lords.

Seems a pretty good way to weaken the forces that defeat them the first time and how do you know what he is scared of?

Deleted
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that once he dies his soul turns into night-elf form (So basicly his soul gets redeemed)...
    Will be able to confirm it next week; where i see it first hand.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that once he dies his soul turns into night-elf form (So basicly his soul gets redeemed)...
    Will be able to confirm it next week; where i see it first hand.
    It's his body that reverts back to Night Elf form, not his soul. He's not being redeemed whatsoever, the corruption simply leaves his form upon his 3rd death.

Deleted
    As far as I remember the Old Gods are willing to support the burning Legion in destroying Azeroth. This would mean that they are free and together they are stronger than Sargeras. So, there was nothing to lose for Xavius in playing in two fronts. Until Azeroths Destruction both parties have the same goal and afterwards he can just wait and watch who is stronger.

And I don't like his fat and ugly Nightmare Form. That just doesn't fit his arrogant nature and his Background as Highborne. I think some from that shows his power while being beautiful and scary at the same time would have been more fitting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Demons and the corruption are attacking the Temple of Elune together. I think that Blizzard means to show that they are working together, but are keeping the legion mostly out of Val'sharah since its theme is the red corruption.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Wat. He doesn't want to fuck her, he wants to destroy her! She's already corrupted in his eyes. And you know what they say: don't stick your dick in crazy!

Anything that can weaken our defenses for the meantime so he can destroy the planet is all fine and dandy, but I agree that he probably really doesn't like letting a minion of the Old Gods/Void Lords do their thang. I'm surprised we haven't seen Legion attacking Xavius' forces, but perhaps we are the bigger "threat" to their invasion currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    As far as I remember the Old Gods are willing to support the burning Legion in destroying Azeroth. This would mean that they are free and together they are stronger than Sargeras. So, there was nothing to lose for Xavius in playing in two fronts. Until Azeroths Destruction both parties have the same goal and afterwards he can just wait and watch who is stronger.

And I don't like his fat and ugly Nightmare Form. That just doesn't fit his arrogant nature and his Background as Highborne. I think some from that shows his power while being beautiful and scary at the same time would have been more fitting.
    Old, outdated lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neryaf View Post
    Wat. He doesn't want to fuck her, he wants to destroy her! She's already corrupted in his eyes. And you know what they say: don't stick your dick in crazy!

Anything that can weaken our defenses for the meantime so he can destroy the planet is all fine and dandy, but I agree that he probably really doesn't like letting a minion of the Old Gods/Void Lords do their thang. I'm surprised we haven't seen Legion attacking Xavius' forces, but perhaps we are the bigger "threat" to their invasion currently.
    Yes, yes he does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neryaf View Post
    Trust in what derpkitteh says. There is a plot twist here. Sargeras has been secretly desiring our little lady titan-in-waiting all this time. It possibly explains why he's been playing this long waiting game instead of constantly assaulting us since the original War of the Ancients to wipe us out.

However, that's going to cost him, because the life on the surface of Azeroth is extra-powerful simply by nature of being her children. We're all a bunch of superheroes. So strolling in, waking her, raping her, fel-corrupting her and dragging her around the universe as his mate might not be as easy as he thought.

The Burning Legion and N'Zoth

Are these two working together? Because it really doesn't make any sense.

1) Xavius served the Burning Legion, then he got turned into a tree, of which a branch was planted on to a World Tree, which he then used to corrupt the Emerald Dream (using the Emerald Nightmare), and then he got defeated at which point he revealed that he was working for an Old God i.e N'Zoth who had a foothold on the Emerald Dream using the Rift of Aln.

Now Xavius has returned (we don't know how this happened), but he serves the Burning Legion, and is spreading the Emerald Nightmare, which is an Old God creation. So, they're working together?

2) Azshara served the Burning Legion, but kinda almost died due to the explosion so gave into the Old Gods and turned her and whoever else almost drowned into the Naga. After that her Naga have mostly served either Illidan (cos Vashj was in love with him or whatever), or N'Zoth (see Vashj'ir). Now suddenly they're also allied with the Burning Legion. Huh?

3) There's something about Archimonde holding something of great power from the Rift of Aln. No idea how that happened.

So, has N'Zoth lost control of Xavius and Azshara, or has he somehow loaned them out to the Burning Legion for whatever nefarious ends?

This is either just bad lore or I don't have all the information at hand, or the background story has not yet been revealed in Legion.

I think the Burning Legion and the Old Gods are trying to "use" the other to help weaken Azeroth's defences by leaving them to assault us on another front, with both factions believing that once the mortals are dealt with they can take Azeroth for themselves easily enough (the Legion to destroy her, the Old God's to corrupt her).

I think the Alliance and Horde are actually the biggest threat to both the Burning Legion's invasion and the Old God's machinations. We are the bigger enemy for them right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Trust in what derpkitteh says. There is a plot twist here. Sargeras has been secretly desiring our little lady titan-in-waiting all this time. It possibly explains why he's been playing this long waiting game instead of constantly assaulting us since the original War of the Ancients to wipe us out.

However, that's going to cost him, because the life on the surface of Azeroth is extra-powerful simply by nature of being her children. We're all a bunch of superheroes. So strolling in, waking her, raping her, fel-corrupting her and dragging her around the universe as his mate might not be as easy as he thought.
    Oh god the fan art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've merged these two threads as they seem to be discussing the very same topic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead