Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The only Part where Tanks have it a lot easier is the second last boss. The stairs with all the mini spiders is horrible for everyone else who cant deff CD thru it and then slowly AoE the hell out of those tiny spiders. The rest is just a question of tactic and Talent choice.

I Do them as Boomy and never ever do I go there without Mighty Bash. Most bosses (if not all) aren't Stun immune making them reaaally easy. If you set out a good route and collect withered in the right manner you should hit Dro with around 35 Withered. I lost aroudn 4 before the better upgrades. After you get dro yo can easily get to 40 withered and take on Elfbaine and loot the +25% dps chest. If you have really big problems then maybe start slowly and take the earlie chests and get further each week.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Have a look at the video I posted earlier (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bgBCWFNZWE) - I was running through an empty hallway, my army was on follow. Please let me know what the hell I'm doing wrong. I'd really love to have non-bugged runs every time. So far only 2 of my runs were not bugged.
    You need to pay attention to your floating combat text - some of your withered are taking damage from some spiderlings, which means a few of them pulled something and got stuck there, as long as they are in combat they are kinda brain-dead if you don't give them a target to attack. You would need to find the mob keeping them in combat and kill it.

Ideally verify that you properly drop combat everytime you think you should, to avoid a stray mob somewhere distracting your withered, and take any scrolling damage event at an unexpected time seriously, because that will block them. They need their commander to properly fight, on their own they are useless and just stand there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You need to pay attention to your floating combat text - some of your withered are taking damage from some spiderlings, which means a few of them pulled something and got stuck there, as long as they are in combat they are kinda brain-dead if you don't give them a target to attack. You would need to find the mob keeping them in combat and kill it.

Ideally verify that you properly drop combat everytime you think you should, to avoid a stray mob somewhere distracting your withered, and take any scrolling damage event at an unexpected time seriously, because that will block them. They need their commander to properly fight, on their own they are useless and just stand there.
    Okay let me repeat. I was walking down the EMPTY hallway. There were no mobs. I was looking for a mob to attack, but there was none. I even got the message that my withered will get lost if I leave them behind.

Thanks for the tip to look at my floating combat text - except that I DID. I know they were taking damage from SOMEthing. My point is, there was no mob in sight. They didn't just pull anything. There was nothing I could have done to fix this. I was just walking back to a chest when everything was already cleared, and suddenly they're stuck.

I'm playing as Guardian (main spec) and get 700+ points every run. I've collected every chest by now.
    I'm just setting them to enrage and swipe from start to end. Today I had 43 withered in the end.

It's important to go only as far as you can before losing to many withered and collecting every big chest you find. Every Item boosts your army really hard. I can kill every boss with my enraged army without losing anyone. (since you can stun every boss most of them die in the 5 sec stunlock)

Elfbreaker wasnt easy at the start, so I killed the spider first to stop the spiderlings from spawning and killed him after her.

bugs suck, but I don't see the purpose of getting angry about them in this thread. Obviously if you're dealing with some bug that makes the withered behave in irregular ways you're gonna have a bad time, that's not the fault of the advice people are giving.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They run around panicked and pull every-%^&*$#-thing mostly into a room densely packed. I hate withered training. End of story.
    Horde always.

anyway I have done these exclusively as balance, and I can full clear pretty easily now. The thing that will help the most is on your first couple runs, don't even engage dro. Even if you can kill him he'll dead many of your withered, which prevents you from getting chests and finishing the rest of the scenario.

Start with as many withered as you can, and take things slow. The most important thing is preventing your withered from taking damage, so against the wraiths soak their aoe away from the group and interrupt their dying explosion. In general try to hold aggro as much as you can by pulling with moons/starsurge/lunar strike, and only enrage the withered if there's nothing else around that they can pull. Kill everything until you get to the hallway with the stairs down to the central spider/web room (this seems to be where dro spawns, at least for me), then go back and collect as many chests as you can and gtfo. Once you have a couple of upgraded withereds you'll be able to kill dro pretty easily and you can go further.

Something no-one has mentioned in the thread is that Withered on "Follow" will occasionally run into their targets and be knocked back. The knockback can body-aggro other enemies. This especially happens at the first multi-level area with the crystal tree in the middle, because they can be knocked back to the lower level and aggro a gagillion spiders.
    Last edited by Sounder; 2016-09-24 at 12:41 AM.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    bugs suck, but I don't see the purpose of getting angry about them in this thread. Obviously if you're dealing with some bug that makes the withered behave in irregular ways you're gonna have a bad time, that's not the fault of the advice people are giving.
    I'm not getting angry about people giving advice, if it's actually advice. I'm getting angry about people telling me how there are no bugs and it's all my fault if the withered behave this way and how I've done something wrong.

I do it guardian, just pull entire rooms, pretty easy to fully clear the place

Deleted
    Thanks for the tip to look at my floating combat text - except that I DID. I know they were taking damage from SOMEthing. My point is, there was no mob in sight. They didn't just pull anything. There was nothing I could have done to fix this. I was just walking back to a chest when everything was already cleared, and suddenly they're stuck.
    Crazy pathing issues and evading everythings aren't a withered training specific issue, you know that right?

I'm not getting angry about people giving advice, if it's actually advice. I'm getting angry about people telling me how there are no bugs and it's all my fault if the withered behave this way and how I've done something wrong.
    At the start of your video, it's pretty obvious one of your withered ran off (most likely after you enraging them) and got in combat with something. Since the Withered work as a group, they're trying to get to the lone wolf's target, but can't. It's most likely because one of your withered fell through a spider web, which is indeed an annoying bug. Shit happens and it's annoying, the only fix is to not go near the spider shit, it's buggy as hell. Lucky for you, there's nothing special to get there. Even luckier for you (and all of us Druids): you can completely clear (including chests) it within 3-4 attempts and after that you can just run with 400 mana, enrage everywhere all the time (in combat anyway) and get 400 score within 5-6 minutes. Enrage your Withered -> sprint -> out of range and done, max score possible and out of the cave again.

These kind of bugs are really annoying, but it's something you'll have to work around for a while until Blizzard fixes it. So you're not doing something wrong perse, but you're making the same choice multiple times, even though the chance of your army bugging out is practically 100%.

And as Bambs said, it's not withered specific, tons of mobs get stuck/fall through the web. Hell, players fall through webs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    At the start of your video, it's pretty obvious one of your withered ran off (most likely after you enraging them) and got in combat with something. Since the Withered work as a group, they're trying to get to the lone wolf's target, but can't. It's most likely because one of your withered fell through a spider web, which is indeed an annoying bug. Shit happens and it's annoying, the only fix is to not go near the spider shit, it's buggy as hell. Lucky for you, there's nothing special to get there. Even luckier for you (and all of us Druids): you can completely clear (including chests) it within 3-4 attempts and after that you can just run with 400 mana, enrage everywhere all the time (in combat anyway) and get 400 score within 5-6 minutes. Enrage your Withered -> sprint -> out of range and done, max score possible and out of the cave again.

These kind of bugs are really annoying, but it's something you'll have to work around for a while until Blizzard fixes it. So you're not doing something wrong perse, but you're making the same choice multiple times, even though the chance of your army bugging out is practically 100%.

And as Bambs said, it's not withered specific, tons of mobs get stuck/fall through the web. Hell, players fall through webs all the time.
    Look, no offense, but like I said many times in this thread: I wasn't enraging my withered. I wasn't anywhere near the spider webs. There was no mob. I cleared the scenario up to the Elfbreaker, then I went back to collect chests. Suddenly, in the middle of an empty hallway, they bugged out. While I was just normally walking - no Mayhem, no webs, no mobs, nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Crazy pathing issues and evading everythings aren't a withered training specific issue, you know that right?
    Yes, but if a quest mob evades, I really don't give a shit. If I can't complete a scenario with a 3 day cooldown because of a bug, and then everyone telling me "well you did something wrong, it's your own damn fault" then it's a different story. Also, running in a straight line on a surface with no webs, stairs, etc... shouldn't cause any pathing issues.
    Last edited by neescher; 2016-09-24 at 01:21 AM.

Deleted
    Yes, but if a quest mob evades, I really don't give a shit. If I can't complete a scenario with a 3 day cooldown because of a bug, and then everyone telling me "well you did something wrong, it's your own damn fault" then it's a different story. Also, running in a straight line on a surface with no webs, stairs, etc... shouldn't cause any pathing issues.
    You're right of course it shouldn't, but this is WoW we're talking about. Pathing issues are part of the game, even in a completely empty room.

Look, no offense, but like I said many times in this thread: I wasn't enraging my withered. I wasn't anywhere near the spider webs. There was no mob. I cleared the scenario up to the Elfbreaker, then I went back to collect chests. Suddenly, in the middle of an empty hallway, they bugged out. While I was just normally walking - no Mayhem, no webs, no mobs, nothing.
    Well, I agree with you, that area is buggy as fuck. Nothing you can do other than reporting it every single time you do the scenario though.

The guys have problems, I've found if i have a mob targeted MILES away, and swipe/thrash my Withered run after it.
    I can be literally 40 yards away fighting 5 different mobs, but if I use an ability while targeting something far off, my withered take that as que to bugger off and attack it.

That's definitely a bug but maybe with this knowledge you can avoid it a little- tho it's bloody hard if you're mass tab targeting to rake everything like this poor kitty

I don't think that in particular is a bug. They take instructions what to attack from you, in the basic form of you having it targeted and using an attack spell. Its a pretty simple concept, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I don't think that in particular is a bug. They take instructions what to attack from you, in the basic form of you having it targeted and using an attack spell. Its a pretty simple concept, after all.
    The problem is that the game autotargets for Swipe and Thrash. It's quite easy to have something targeted that you don't actually mean to attack at the time.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    got 400+ points and a couple glimmering chests on my first run as a DPS, I'd say anyone complaining about it being too hard is just bad.