Potion of the Old War - Bugged? What potions do we use?

Hey guys, I have been farming up for consumables for the up and coming raid when I noticed a bit of controversy around the potion of the old war (which is recommended by Icy-Veins).

The potions text states the following "Summons a pair of ghostly fallen warriors that will echo your melee attacks and abilities. (1 Min Cooldown)" however according to the wowhead comments and some testing done by myself and a few other people, this potion seems underwhelming/maybe bugged.

Talking to someone who was using the potion, he stated that the potion would add about 100k to 250k to the TOTAL damage done. I then decided to try it myself with the following results: imgur.com/a/rYgL2

Now mine did 400k total damage with 4 total hits on a full opener with CDs.

The question is: is this working as intended? Should I be using another potion as a rogue? Should I use the ranged potion deadly grace or the draenor agility potion?

Thanks

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    my exp with this potion is that its super good, i had it doing about 5-7% of my dmg on a ST boss fight.
    might be some downsides if you vanish tho, im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinneved View Post
    my exp with this potion is that its super good, i had it doing about 5-7% of my dmg on a ST boss fight.
    might be some downsides if you vanish tho, im not sure.
    Can you post meters of what your potion did? How much damage it did, how many times it hit and such? I am pretty sure when I did my test, I did not use Vanish, but I will run a re-test tomorrow on the potion to get a clear picture on what is happening.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i dont have logs for it atm, but i can make some when i get home and post np.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed it sucks pretty bad. My results are around the same, where it doing around 400-450k damage in fight.

You have a higher damage increase popping a 1000 agi WoD potion during your opener, which is sad.