Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I harbor a fear that if i ever end up in a coma or something the state may decide that i'm vegetative or whatever and pull the plug to harvest those well taken care of organs of mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    The "unless" part shouldn't be a thing. Everyone should be an organ donor no matter what.
    Yes it should. Giving people the choice is the only right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yes it should. Giving people the choice is the only right thing to do.
    The person is dead, what does it matter to them? Lives can be saved but someone should be able to say no even though it wouldn't affect them in any way, shape or form?

The person is dead, what does it matter to them? Lives can be saved but someone should be able to say no even though it wouldn't affect them in any way, shape or form?
    "Lives can be saved" aka the clinic can make some money harvesting bodies of people whos families dont get anything from it. This isnt about saving lives its about $$$$.

Deleted
    Yes, they should. Dead or not, it still was their body during their lifetime, and flat-out ignoring their personal wishes is - or would be - extremely disrespectful.

There is a reason we usually also respect and cater to a person's wish regarding their funeral, grave etc.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-09-20 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yes, they should. Dead or not, it still was their body during their lifetime, and flat-out ignoring their personal wishes is - or would be - extremely disrespectful.

There is a reason we usually also respect and cater to a person's wish regarding their funeral, grave etc.
    I look at it completely different. I think it would be incredibly disrespectful and insanely inhuman to not give up your body so other unfortunate people gets a second chance.

Because rights don't end once you die.
    Again, you wouldn't care one bit since you know, you'll be dead.

"Lives can be saved" aka the clinic can make some money harvesting bodies of people whos families dont get anything from it. This isnt about saving lives its about $$$$.
    It's a sad person who rejects donating organs because the hospital doesn't pay for them. Giving other people a chance to live is reward enough.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2016-09-20 at 06:49 PM.

There were cases in germany where rich assholes paid money to get on top of the organ waiting list. The system needs to be 100% safe and non corrupt.

This whole thing needs to be done in a non profit way or there will always be corruption.

People should always have the right to choose if they want to donate parts of their body.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-20 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Again: Doesn't matter, you still retain that right.

Some people believe hospitals let people die on purpose so they can harvest their organs for rich people.
    I bet those same people believe in lizard people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Considering what my body went through during my cancer treatment I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want anything harvested from my corpse.
    Obviously they wouldn't accept organs that are not suitable regardless of the individuals wishes. They are getting less picky though, due to the big queues. Even if a organ is damaged they might consider using it just to bide some time for the person.

- - - Updated - - -

I look at it completely different. I think it would be incredibly disrespectful and insanely inhuman to not give up your body so other unfortunate people gets a second chance.
    Its up to people decide that themself. But prioritizing organ donors would probably make people realise that they don't care that much about their body after they die, or religious/other reasons not to be a donor would be less common as well. Since people seem to gladly accept organs when needed, regardless of their faith.