Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    you make it sound as if the syrian refugees did not have jobs like dentists and shit back home? syria was not a total 3rd world country back in the day you know.
    And if you read the article those companies were saying they can't hire the skilled ones unless they have proof. I'd be willing to bet if proof was given and they met whatever requirements exist for Germany I'm sure countries would hire more of the skilled folks.

But let's not act as though the majority of those people were dentists or certified electricians or anything.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I should also note that this was not a government thing, but rather a Jewish Community thing, it was an organization that provided help to Jews leaving Russia, who were coming to the US. (https://jewishcincinnati.org/about)
    Oh okay that makes a tad more sense (was a little confused how luxurious your government was with immigrants).

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "around 80 percent of asylum seekers are not highly qualified and may not yet have a high level of German proficiency"

Do they really need experts to tell them things like this? Were they expecting everyone to speak perfect german and have a wide variety of applicable skills considering where they were refugees from?
    Business owners didn't ask Merkel to bring in all these people, why should they be responsible for paying for their training?

you make it sound as if the syrian refugees did not have jobs like dentists and shit back home? syria was not a total 3rd world country back in the day you know.
    I'd figure most Syrians with education or opportunity left a long time ago

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt those that had medical liscences hiked their ass to Germany. Let's be honest here. Not all of Syria fled the country, there are still cities.

Way to make Syria sound like a third world country.

Deleted
    Not a German but i've met several educated refugees (mainly from Syria) who managed to get work and learn the language very quickly. I've yet to meet an Afghan or Iraqi refugee that manged to get a job. Syrians have educated people where as in general Afghan and Iraqi has less high standard of education. It might have something to do with why it's easier to get job for some and not the others, also learning the damn language is key.

I think the left, right, and the EU in general needs to have their own come to Jesus moment (no pun intended) and figure out how to deal with this issue without seeming to be bipolar.

I also think Merkel and her party have, and are going to lose big because it seems she wanted to do the right thing, but went about it in the wrong way, and is now seeing the fruits of her choices. They are seemingly a bitter fruit.
    Again, that was lost when people like her invested more energy into painting any kind of opposition to this as the second coming of the Nazis. Didn't matter if it was just thinking the volume too high or stricter check needed to be done. So, why should there be unity when the people that need it the most to keep the illusion of control pissed on everythin?

Also doesn't help that the government fucked themselves. Cover up crimes to not give political ammo to "racists". Gives it anyway because anyone can point to NYE.

Simple Merkel, you radical dingbat, nobody wants to trust their companies financial security and employee safety to a bunch of unskilled, unassimilated, extremists from the violent war torn 3rd world.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Why would those private companies care? Merkel shouldnt have any authority over them and they should be able to hire whoever they please.

Deleted
    Clearly this thread title is accurate and in no way a attempt to spin a news article into a anti German, Anti-Merkel post. /s

Thread Title: Merkel summoning top German Companies to explain why they dont hire refugees.
    Proper title from the Article: Top German companies say refugees not ready for job market.

Read the full article and not just the part the Thread maker cut and pasted to fit his position.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every German skilled worker has to prove his skills with degrees earned. It's proving that you are fit for the basics of the job. It is understandable that companies have a hands-off stance on this as unskilled workers are more fit for lower service industry. The better approach would be to have them going through a regular 2-3 years training like everyone else but that would require them to apply for asylum and that's not what every refugee wants. I find that this whole "refugees will fill the generation gap" idea being a castle built on sand.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Merkel is an idiot.

The reasons for not hiring them a solid ones. You can force these unskilled workers into skilled positions. It just doesn't work that way.
    Unskilled is an euphemsim. There were reading comprehension tests where 65% of refugees reached only level one; vulgo "can't read a bus route planner" [https://www.welt.de/regionales/hambu...phabeten.html]

How much work is there exactly for people who operate on the level of an 8-year old? And no, they won't be on the level of a 9-year old twelve months from now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    I don't understand. Why are they intentionally mixing "Asylum Seeker" and "Refugee"?
    because to them every asylum seeker is a refugee, its their way of manipulating the perception.

This news was reported a few weeks ago, and it went as this thread has gone. Lots of people not surprised at Merkel's stupidity, a bunch of soggy eyes saying to give them even more stuff than they're getting and some of us pointing out the fact that there has never been any intention on sending these people back, that the whole goal was to import workers just like any other type of goods.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Well, ideally it should not be about politics (and yes, I know... idealism is not reality) but helping the people there, now, live a better life.

I just don't think the way Merkel went about it is was rational, and I do not think shutting down any opposing views as "Nazies" is doing anyone any favors.

Hoping/wishing people integrate on their own, while... idealistic, is not actually sane... people who are motivated might do that, but not a vast majority. So making sure they integrate, making sure they learn the language, etc, should all be default programs. Not welfare, and shutting people out of the culture by segregating them into a ghetto.

There was an interesting article I read recently:

Marxist philosopher Slavoj Žižek explains why we shouldn’t pity or romanticize refugees
    http://qz.com/767751/marxist-philoso...cize-migrants/

I pretty much agree with him on this sentiment.
    Your killing me with the ideallys, smalls.

Ideally, no one would be hiring people smugglers. No one would ignore border officials. No one would lie about age, ethnicity or skills to jump the line. Everyone would go through the line to ensure everyone gets assisted properly instead of having 600k people that Germany has no clue where they are and people doing the right thing aren't stuck in a camp. People would have approached this more sensibly. And people wouldn't be pointing fingers at countries refugees refuse to stay in.

That QUOTE is accurate. If people bought that all the same crap, we wouldn't have instant reaction terms like islamaphobic.

Deleted
    shes only doing this to try and cover up her fucked up descion of letting anyone come to the EU last year,

I think the best approach is to lax work regulations. It's already damaging the low skilled people in Europe and affecting their employment opportunities, so we kill two birds with one stone.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2016-09-14 at 07:44 PM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmm thousands of people who can't speak the local language and have no skills or education. It truly is a mystery why they can't get hired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merkel is a moron. I can't wait for her to be out of office. Too bad someone worse will probably replace her though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Merkel is a moron. I can't wait for her to be out of office. Too bad someone worse will probably replace her though.
    I don't think she will be out of office that would require a contending party winning over the CDU which even now isn't very likely. The only realistic way of her being out of office is either her resigning or getting a sudden visit by the reaper.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!