Returning rogue player

Hello fellow rogue players!

I just came back to the game after quitting 6 years ago (wotlk).
    I've been doing some research on how to play the new combat spec and would love some assistance
    on proper rotations and topping dps charts again .

I've been having a hard time managing energy bar and maximising my damage output.

Some questions i have:

1. Why isnt gouge part of the rotation? 0 cost, free combo points.
    2. How do i efficiently target Mfd?
    3. Is there other macros that will make my rotations more efficient? I recently got the Tricks of trade macro.
    4. Should i use run-thru at 5 or 6 combo points? Same for rotb?

Thanks for all the assistance

1)its a cc/interrupt
    4) you RT and RTB on either 5 or 6. at 5, theres a chance that you would be wasting combo points with another saberslash, and its a waste to use pistol shot to fill to 6 when not using as part of the opportunity proc, as its dmg is miniscule and youre sacrificing some energy
    if you secced ghostly strike, you could use that to fill from 5 to 6, but youd only want to do that if the debuff is about to fall off

posted from phone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldritch View Post
    1)its a cc/interrupt
    4) you RT and RTB on either 5 or 6. at 5, theres a chance that you would be wasting combo points with another saberslash, and its a waste to use pistol shot to fill to 6 when not using as part of the opportunity proc, as its dmg is miniscule and youre sacrificing some energy
    if you secced ghostly strike, you could use that to fill from 5 to 6, but youd only want to do that if the debuff is about to fall off

posted from phone
    What he said for 1 and 4

2. I'm not sure what you mean? Just put it on the target you're attacking and possibly as advanced tactic drop it on something that will die quickly so it comes back up again quickly. Not sure if that's what you mean?
    3. I generally don't use any macros at this point for PvE, I use a MFD RtB macro as an optional thing sometimes but I also have them key-bound separate. For TotT I have clique add-on installed and just right click the raid/party frame.

1. most of the time you wont really have a free global for it, if you do it's not unreasonable to use it, but since it requires you to be in front of the target in most raid scenarios it aint exactly optimal
    2. by knowing the mobs and the fight and knowing which mobs are likely to die first, alternatively just cast them on the lowest hp one
    3. mouse over MfD macro is great, what's really important is having a good weakaura/tellmewhen something for roll the bones, since the standard ui isnt really optimal for tracking it
    4. both, never use another SS on 5 combo points, just use free pistol shot/ghostly if they're available, if not just cast it on 5pts (if you have true bearing dont use pistol shot/ghostly on 5cps ever)

Getting the addon tidyplates will go a long ways in helping you efficiently use MfD. You can sort target bars by remaining health instead of praying with tab target or clicking when all the mobs are in a clutter.

Mouseover macro could come in handy too.

Shadowstep macro for mouseover is useful too whenever you find yourself in sub.

Other than that, start attack macro's are mildly useful when target switching.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ill look into tidyplates and setting up a weak aura to monitor buffs.

When is the best time to rtb to maximize efficiency? Under 10sec?
    Last edited by Havocxx; 2016-09-14 at 06:12 PM.

8 seconds is when yoi want to reroll for pandemic effect