Destro Build Viability Question - no CB?

So after having spent some time in mythics, I have come to agree that movement is an issue - a big issue. With that in mind, as well as the recent changes to soul shards, I was wondering if anyone has looked at the viability of a Shadowburn focused build? Talents would be SB > Cata > Dem Skin > F&B > Dark Pact > GoSac > Soul Conduit.

This would make Immolate, SB, and rifts our primary ST damage dealers with Soul Conduit to help with shard generation, and Cata, F&B, and GoSac for AoE. This would eliminate the issues with movement, yet still keep it "strong" in AoE situations. I guess this could potentially place more weight on crit as opposed to haste to help with shard generation from Immo.

Just a thought. I love my lock and enjoy destro, however movement absolutely guts us.

Interested in your thoughts!

Not saying movement isn't a weakness, but if you're moving so much that you're seriously considering never using Chaos Bolt, then you're moving way more than you need to be. I'd advise you to focus on that rather than spamming shadowburn.

Shadowburn spam only exists in PvP because with PvP you can't cast at all against melee cleaves.

Chaos Bolt is still significantly better than Shadowburn once artifact traits are factored in.

That build works very well for dungeon trash but not using CB on bosses is a huge DPS loss. If you know it's a high movement fight then save a charge of Rift for times of movement. You should also be popping Dark Pact or Unending Resolve to tank some of the less damaging abilities in order to get casts off.

Ok, from the responses, I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. I guess it was because I ran Eye of Ashara on mythic again list night and got irritated.

I would first start by trying to quiet your movement if at all possible. You should be more than able to plan your movement well enough to cast CB effectively.